Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I never lost the faith as they say. I am so proud to night and I feel vindicated the rubbish that was spouted on this by so called masters and expert analysis that they came out with. We are kerry a rare and proud breed and we will finish the job the next day

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 498 - 01/09/2019 18:48:54    2231403

Link

Very solid if sometimes nervous performance today. That experience will be massive for our young lads and I think with less nerves the next day they will be more clinical. In saying that, a lot of our sides were from difficult positions, both today and in the Tyrone game we struggled to get into scoring positions until Tommy came on. I think he needs to start the next day and I think you will get a better return from Clifford if he is playing off Tommy as opposed to being the target man himself.
The high press cost us the goal, something that can be worked on and rectified. Besides that we did well to nulify the goal threat from Dublin. Our backs showed what fantastic footballers they are as they were comfortably able to play the ball out through the Dublin press. We need a good bit of work on the kick outs though as we made life a bit tough for ourselves at times.
I wouldn't say it was Kerry that missed an opportunity today against Dublin due to them being down to 14 because Dublin will never face a Kerry team to miss so many goal chances. I would be confident we can return to Croker in 2 weeks with that extra little bit if experience and finish the job

as_ky (Kerry) - Posts: 535 - 01/09/2019 19:52:01    2231472

Link

The time of the replay is a disgrace. How do the GAA think that a 6pm throw in suits both teams? No consideration given to travelling kerry supporters. Will be nice for those travelling from Dingle to get home at 1 in the morning.

aidan64 (Kerry) - Posts: 544 - 01/09/2019 22:47:52    2231595

Link

Replying To luimneachboy:  "To some on here, if its ok to give my opinion??!!
Turning pt, the sending off. I think kerry will be more disappointed than dub this eve, dub got out of jail. Now to be fair, Dublin were uncharacteristically poor today from decisions to shooting... On the other hand, kerry brought huge intensity and also brought the unknown to Dublin.
For replay u would have to say Dublin would actually look forward to it rather than kerry as they want to show how to redeem themselves. Basically speaking Dublin have much more room for improvement compare to kerry so dublin will itching for this replay I think. Now so will kerry look forward but they must be asking themselves now what do they have to do to stop the drive for 5"
Really? We missed a penalty. Our marquee forward missed loads. We got the yips in the final straight. .

Dublin will improve. But. So will we. I for one am getting damn sick of the everyone and his cat prognoses. They called it wrong today. I put a tenner down on Kerry at 9/2. I'll just have to up that to a bet of a three point winning margin with twenty quid down to make it any way worth the bother. That'll be more of the Yerrah stuff that Vince Hogan do be going on about in the Indo... to be sure to be sure.

plike (Kerry) - Posts: 541 - 01/09/2019 22:48:38    2231596

Link

Well said pike even our own masters of football were talking the same rubbish on here

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 498 - 01/09/2019 23:41:16    2231625

Link

It's a 50/50 game next time
Kerry being Kerry will have learned a lot. The young guns have come of age. Dublin will also have learned that their match ups didn't work. I expect Dublin to shade another tight game.

Brinsley Swartz (Mayo) - Posts: 2225 - 02/09/2019 04:41:03    2231659

Link

Lads I have just woken this morning and I will say it again I am so so proud of this kerry team. It was our little bit of inexperience that we are not preparing for a victory parade to night but I am more than happy to go again. We will beat Dublin let the knockers and the experts take note. Cute kerry hoors springs too mind especially the o se boys in the clever way they disguised their admiration for this kerry team. In there heart ♥ and soul they knew we were every bit as good as Dublin but for the sake of there county they kept repeating during there analysis how good Dublin are and they were paid for this as well unlike other masters and so called experts who through there expert analysis tried to put us down. To my dear friends on here who kept the faith I. E horsebox.. Hermit and a few others. How proud we are today ciarrai abu

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 498 - 02/09/2019 07:16:29    2231673

Link

I'm still trying to process yesterday's game, in one way we did leave it behind us and in another I think this game will bring our young lads to another level like our team in 2014 when we drew with Mayo.

I think our lads will be more disappointed than relieved about this result this morning but like JOD said after the replay in limerick 5 years ago that this game will worth more than 20 training session.

I have to quote Eugene McGee when he said our men now know they can go crokepark and take on the best teams in the country and win, because we are Kerry.

Keep the faith in these brilliant young warriors from the kingdom, I know I will.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9972 - 02/09/2019 11:51:13    2231792

Link

They now expect us to go back and follow the script: lose tamely enough to "the greatest team ever".

The only way to claim due respect for this Kerry team is to go out there, tear into them and do it better than yesterday. They yap on about "Yerrahs" but spare me all that. They are fierce men with their glib prognoses- but nothing can disguise the fact that many of them are nothing more than eunuchs in the harem.

plike (Kerry) - Posts: 541 - 02/09/2019 12:03:38    2231802

Link

I really thought yous would have to be near perfect in front of goal in order to push Dublin all the way, the fact you weren't will be a big plus on the training ground over the next two weeks surely. Everyone is talking about the red card and Dublin being off colour, well jesus I thought Kerry should've been 5 up before the red card!

Would JOD maybe get onto the 26 the next day? Although your bench was fantastic in fairness. And another 2 weeks training in the legs for Jack Barry.

I'd be very optimistic if I was from Kerry. You showed yesterday what I've thought all year, this is a great Dublin team but they're not invincible! Fair play to your defence, Morley was fantastic.

JoeSoap (Donegal) - Posts: 959 - 02/09/2019 12:15:39    2231814

Link

People are saying it was a let off for Dublin and Kerry missed their chance. However, Paul Geaney converted 0 from 6 shots and Clifford only converted 2 from 6 shots.....they won't be so off colour again. This Kerry team now has the experience of playing in an All Ireland which will be massive to them the next day. A plan needs to be in place for McCafferey for the next day and I think it's time to bring in Tommy from the start.

as_ky (Kerry) - Posts: 535 - 02/09/2019 13:00:19    2231857

Link

Well lads, what a day. Regardless of the result the next day, we can be proud of these boys and even if they dont win the replay.. this team will win an all ireland soon..

Shane Ryan : Solid and not at fault for the goal, one or two kick outs went askew but in all he was good with the short ones, which looked like something the team planned on and worked on...

Tom O'Sullivan,Morley and Foley : Solid....People spoke of our full back line as the weak link....they are starting to click and all three played very well.

Begley, Murphy and Crowley : Solid as well and all three did fine, they nullified the half forward line for most of the game. Crowley kicked a lovely point too, his twin brother Brian is currently on a weights program with Kerry and will be in the panel next year, he will be a great addition to the half forward line.

Moran : Colossal. Some fine catches and smart kick passes. He deserves a medal this year solely because a lesser man would have retired numerous times over with the injuries he has got over the years but he keeps solidering on!

A Spillane : two great turnovers and one massive hit, he knows that he is a 40 mins player so he burst himself and first half and emptied the tank.

J Barry : PK gave him a job and had faith that he could do it... a lot of people thought it would be silly move seeing as he played limited minutes in the lead up... by God were they wrong..Excellent display by him.

Stephen O Brien : Quiet by his standards but if you were at the game, he did a shit load of running.

Sean O'Shea was immense, free kicking was on par with Brian Sheehan in his prime. the two kicks into the hill in the second half were the epitomy of pressure and he did it without flinching.

Gavin White : Felt sorry for him, Captain yesterday and given the hardest job in football to try and mark the greatest half back in the game at the moment.

David Clifford mightnt have the best of starts but by God did he show us how a truly fantastic talent he is and will be. After a shaky start he made an absolute fool of Johnny Cooper (which is a very hard thing to do). His use of the his body and movement had cooper in all sorts of problems, to the extent that cooper had to foul him three times, one tick and two yellows. That game will stand to Clifford. As Pat Spillane says "he got the durty diesel out of his system"

Paul Geaney : Worked like a dog and things didnt go his way with the peno (Cluxton way off his line). He could possibly be our match winner the next day.

Killian Spillane : What a performance....This is a man who was hauled off with 1 minute left in the first half in Cavan in the National League. He never showed his form that he shows week in week out for Templenoe and there was still a question mark beside his name by Kerry fans even though he kicked 6 points in 2 games in the Super Eights. He showed his ability yesterday and PK showed why he is such a great manager, he stuck with Killian and believed in him even when half of Croke Park began to groan that Killian was coming on instead of Tommy Walsh...we wold never got back into the game but for that goal which was from some distance out and a ballsy shot.

Tommy Walsh : Sitting in the hogan stand i shouted "NO TOMMY NO TOMMY" when he took he first kick at the post which never looked like going over, then bang tries a similar one a few minutes later and over the black spot! He needs to come in sooner the next day and possibly he could start if PK uses Killian Spillane as his game changer again.

Johnathon Lyne : I really thought he was fouled by Connolly at the end by the sideline but didnt get it, if he had won that free it could have killed the game for us.

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 63 - 02/09/2019 13:38:26    2231876

Link

Did anyone else see the sh*te that Jason Sherlock was at yesterday. Every time Kerry had a kick out in the first half, he ran out the field with water or to speak to a player, he would then very slowly walk back off the field but would walk into a piece of open space to try and put Shane Ryan Off... he did it a number of times and i was sitting below the kerry bench Tommy Walsh went down to the sideline and spoke with PK, then i think one of the Kerry selectors spoke to the fourth offical and Sherlock was spoken to......

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 63 - 02/09/2019 13:42:21    2231879

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "Did anyone else see the sh*te that Jason Sherlock was at yesterday. Every time Kerry had a kick out in the first half, he ran out the field with water or to speak to a player, he would then very slowly walk back off the field but would walk into a piece of open space to try and put Shane Ryan Off... he did it a number of times and i was sitting below the kerry bench Tommy Walsh went down to the sideline and spoke with PK, then i think one of the Kerry selectors spoke to the fourth offical and Sherlock was spoken to......"
Tommy did the exact same in the semi final vs Tyrone, at least 6 or 7 times our 'runner' was filling space. So we can't exactly give out or point the finger.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4251 - 02/09/2019 15:25:27    2231932

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Tommy did the exact same in the semi final vs Tyrone, at least 6 or 7 times our 'runner' was filling space. So we can't exactly give out or point the finger."
I wasnt at the Tyrone match so I didnt see that...regardless it is wrong...cheating to a certain degree

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 63 - 02/09/2019 15:56:31    2231945

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "I wasnt at the Tyrone match so I didnt see that...regardless it is wrong...cheating to a certain degree"
Personally I disagree I think it's tactically astute, it's harming no one just a visual illusion that appears to tighten the pitch and options.

It's just another string to a bow, as Paidi said - a single grain of rice will tip the scale. What ever it takes lads what ever it takes

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4251 - 02/09/2019 18:04:21    2232012

Link

Well,what a game, we rarely disappoint. Super showing from your lads, a few of ours were quiet enough but they're not in the habit of having 2 poor performances in a row.
Ye could've won it, we could've won it, great stuff altogether.
The replay is just mouth watering.

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 02/09/2019 18:39:11    2232027

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Personally I disagree I think it's tactically astute, it's harming no one just a visual illusion that appears to tighten the pitch and options.

It's just another string to a bow, as Paidi said - a single grain of rice will tip the scale. What ever it takes lads what ever it takes"
No, i would disagree with you. its a game 15 on 15 and i dont care if it considered cuteness, tactical or win at all cost mentality, its cheating. Its trying to gain an advantage unfairly, just like the alleged Stephen O Neill incident and the Dublin Hurling Maor Foirne catching the ball in the hurling match vs Kilkenny.

Stephen Cluxton spotted Tommy Walsh on his own and he came out and stood beside him, that was cuteness and tactical and FAIR. I didnt see Tommy Griffin doing it versus Tyrone, but if you are correct then thats cheating too... If you arent on the team you shouldnt be getting invovled in the game. its just wrong.

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 63 - 02/09/2019 18:44:33    2232031

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Well,what a game, we rarely disappoint. Super showing from your lads, a few of ours were quiet enough but they're not in the habit of having 2 poor performances in a row.
Ye could've won it, we could've won it, great stuff altogether.
The replay is just mouth watering."
It was mighty stuff. I think Peter Keane would love to have that second half back, we didn't make the extra man work for us at all until we abandoned the sweeper and went for it. If we had done that earlier I'm sure we'd have tacked on enough scores and won. Immaterial now of course.

I have no clue what will happen in the replay, none. Kerry have been improving at a remarkable rate all year and last Sunday will have given them belief that they can stand toe to toe with Dublin. At the same time Dublin would surely have won but for Coopers foolishness we won't get a gift like that again. Dublin will rightly be confident next time.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1640 - 02/09/2019 22:50:36    2232141

Link

Replying To luimneachboy:  "To some on here, if its ok to give my opinion??!!
Turning pt, the sending off. I think kerry will be more disappointed than dub this eve, dub got out of jail. Now to be fair, Dublin were uncharacteristically poor today from decisions to shooting... On the other hand, kerry brought huge intensity and also brought the unknown to Dublin.
For replay u would have to say Dublin would actually look forward to it rather than kerry as they want to show how to redeem themselves. Basically speaking Dublin have much more room for improvement compare to kerry so dublin will itching for this replay I think. Now so will kerry look forward but they must be asking themselves now what do they have to do to stop the drive for 5"
No doubt we can count on your support on Saturday week....
As PK said we'll turn up again and see what happens.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 02/09/2019 22:54:47    2232143

Link