Donegal Forum

Donegal Club Championship,S

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

The club in question Sledging has been going on for years.It goes beyond any level of decency what so ever.Its well planned before hand and has no place in the game.They are very poor representitives for our County but will never be embarassed by their antics.they have been at this for years but it got to a new low during this year.

Their opponents unfortunately fell for these pathetic tatics and it costs them their county title

ifindoubt (Donegal) - Posts: 97 - 07/11/2019 16:58:00    2248364

Link

Gweedore not hanging around change of management is coming.A very successful Club manager is believed to be taking over.

neutral (None) - Posts: 279 - 07/11/2019 18:33:53    2248397

Link

Replying To Inside92:  "Hearing gweedore held a meeting about the insults that came from glenties players during the games. I understand there does be a bit of slagging in games but from what I heard what was said was unacceptable! Let's say one was about something that happened in England recently with a lorry and one of gweedores players should of been there as well! Also telling a player his kids aren't his etc. Also golf balls throwing onto the pitch by the glenties supporters behind the goals putting off the gweedore goalkeeper! The more I write the more I hope it's not true!

Anyway glenties should be good odds to win Ulster and hopefully they can do it!"
All these allegations always tend to come out after games. Very easy for 1 person to put this out. If it went on during the game, I'm sure it wasn't one way. As regards the golf balls, my son was among the kids behind the goals and I can assure you the biggest "crime" committed was a bit of harmless banter with the goalkeeper. Stinks of sour grapes.

tidytownman (Donegal) - Posts: 223 - 07/11/2019 20:51:27    2248438

Link

Only posting what I heard and hopefully not true

Inside92 (Donegal) - Posts: 8 - 07/11/2019 21:20:53    2248445

Link

Replying To tidytownman:  "All these allegations always tend to come out after games. Very easy for 1 person to put this out. If it went on during the game, I'm sure it wasn't one way. As regards the golf balls, my son was among the kids behind the goals and I can assure you the biggest "crime" committed was a bit of harmless banter with the goalkeeper. Stinks of sour grapes."
Gaothdobhair coming across as sore losers, even Cassidy's article in GL today was very disrespectful to Naomh Conaill. He had to have a few digs at them. Gaothdobhair should show more class in defeat.

ryan (Donegal) - Posts: 446 - 07/11/2019 22:06:21    2248454

Link

Replying To tidytownman:  "All these allegations always tend to come out after games. Very easy for 1 person to put this out. If it went on during the game, I'm sure it wasn't one way. As regards the golf balls, my son was among the kids behind the goals and I can assure you the biggest "crime" committed was a bit of harmless banter with the goalkeeper. Stinks of sour grapes."
I am not even from Gweedore ,but I am very aware of the extent of the depths of this premeditated sledging.
Are you comfortable with the possibility of young kids starting playing senior football in the future and having very personal serious abuse levelled at them.i could give examples but I wouldn't go into such crap
Players need to man up ,play the game and forget about this pathetic garbage .

ifindoubt (Donegal) - Posts: 97 - 07/11/2019 22:53:41    2248465

Link

I was on the terrace near the young NC supporters when they were at the town end for a short while during both replays. Seen no throwing of golf balls sounds like rubbish. As for the sledging allegations I find surprising too. Both sets of players were very respectful of each other in interviews. However something went on in order for Eamon McGee to get sent off. I did not see what happened but a player of his experience just does not react for no reason. Something went on even if I think it was a small minority the NC contingent involved.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2185 - 08/11/2019 01:26:48    2248479

Link

Replying To ifindoubt:  "The club in question Sledging has been going on for years.It goes beyond any level of decency what so ever.Its well planned before hand and has no place in the game.They are very poor representitives for our County but will never be embarassed by their antics.they have been at this for years but it got to a new low during this year.

Their opponents unfortunately fell for these pathetic tatics and it costs them their county title"
Where did u get all this knowledge from ,obvissuslly a Gweedore man ,I have been watching them for more years than I care to remember ,and Naomh Conaill actions if any fall far short of Gweedore,s ,yes as someone already ,sour grapes seems to be what all this is about ,pity as they have a good team and will be back ,I'm sure next year .

gaanervous (Donegal) - Posts: 151 - 08/11/2019 09:11:06    2248494

Link

I'm glad to see Cass is back writing for Gaelic Life I wasn't sure was he still in AJ's pocket or not.
Im not going to come out and say we are angels on the field but either can Gweedore the two McGee's, Ginger and Ferry are constantly at it for Gweedore but one thing we can hold our head high about is we arn't dirty when it comes to physicality how many times can the McGee's and Cass get away with choking people?

Anyways the better team of the three games won its just a pity Cass cant see passed that when he was writing for Gaelic Life he couldn't even give us credit for a ulster win.

naomh_conaill_4 (Donegal) - Posts: 308 - 08/11/2019 10:20:21    2248513

Link

Also I ain't from gweedore , just a delivery man , where I hear the gossip , anyway, can't see gweedore back next year to be honest. You could see a few lads heading stateside , traveling. They seemed to all stay this year

Inside92 (Donegal) - Posts: 8 - 08/11/2019 13:05:20    2248561

Link

Regarding the sledging, i was aware it went on but did not mention it on here until now. We all know sledging is a grey area and within reason anything that gains you an edge has long been part of the game and will continue to be. But some of the stuff coming out of Glenties mouths, if said in any other environment would actually be a criminal offense. And for the stuff that isnt criminal, its of the most vile and premeditated form of personal abuse humanly possible.

How a team could even take joy from winning a game, having had to plunge to those depths to achieve it- is simply beyond me.

It will all come out in the wash sooner or later, and my only hope that as a result of what went on, is that we dont see ill feeling creep into the county squad over it.

ManusFromHeaven (Donegal) - Posts: 232 - 08/11/2019 13:51:29    2248570

Link

Replying To ManusFromHeaven:  "Regarding the sledging, i was aware it went on but did not mention it on here until now. We all know sledging is a grey area and within reason anything that gains you an edge has long been part of the game and will continue to be. But some of the stuff coming out of Glenties mouths, if said in any other environment would actually be a criminal offense. And for the stuff that isnt criminal, its of the most vile and premeditated form of personal abuse humanly possible.

How a team could even take joy from winning a game, having had to plunge to those depths to achieve it- is simply beyond me.

It will all come out in the wash sooner or later, and my only hope that as a result of what went on, is that we dont see ill feeling creep into the county squad over it."
OMG. You would think every other club was whiter than white. How are you so sure what was said? As said earlier it just takes one rumour to snowball out of control. Always seems to come from the beaten team. We had a man sent off in last years final with the help of the very man who saw red last week and we dusted ourselves down and got on with it. No crying or whinging.Karma is a funny thing.

tidytownman (Donegal) - Posts: 223 - 08/11/2019 15:04:47    2248595

Link

Replying To tidytownman:  "OMG. You would think every other club was whiter than white. How are you so sure what was said? As said earlier it just takes one rumour to snowball out of control. Always seems to come from the beaten team. We had a man sent off in last years final with the help of the very man who saw red last week and we dusted ourselves down and got on with it. No crying or whinging.Karma is a funny thing."
Two out of the 3 posters on this topic are not from Gweedore.

ifindoubt (Donegal) - Posts: 97 - 08/11/2019 15:13:37    2248600

Link

Replying To tidytownman:  "OMG. You would think every other club was whiter than white. How are you so sure what was said? As said earlier it just takes one rumour to snowball out of control. Always seems to come from the beaten team. We had a man sent off in last years final with the help of the very man who saw red last week and we dusted ourselves down and got on with it. No crying or whinging.Karma is a funny thing."
Deal with it, its part of Glenties make up and approach.

If you are ok with it, so be it, but dont deny it happen and dont deny the severity of it- which as i said, if those words were uttered elsewhere would be a criminal offense and thats before we even get to the targeted abuse around bereavement and illness.

ManusFromHeaven (Donegal) - Posts: 232 - 08/11/2019 16:21:50    2248613

Link

Replying To ifindoubt:  "Two out of the 3 posters on this topic are not from Gweedore."
Thanks for tbe stats update. Really helpful.

tidytownman (Donegal) - Posts: 223 - 08/11/2019 17:13:52    2248625

Link

Replying To ManusFromHeaven:  "Deal with it, its part of Glenties make up and approach.

If you are ok with it, so be it, but dont deny it happen and dont deny the severity of it- which as i said, if those words were uttered elsewhere would be a criminal offense and thats before we even get to the targeted abuse around bereavement and illness."
Deal with what? What is that supposed to mean "it's part of our make up". That is more close to a libilous statement than anything that is rumoured to have been said on a field. And it's Naomh Conaill by the way.

tidytownman (Donegal) - Posts: 223 - 08/11/2019 18:12:31    2248630

Link

Replying To tidytownman:  "Deal with what? What is that supposed to mean "it's part of our make up". That is more close to a libilous statement than anything that is rumoured to have been said on a field. And it's Naomh Conaill by the way."
In denial

ifindoubt (Donegal) - Posts: 97 - 08/11/2019 18:44:32    2248637

Link

Replying To ifindoubt:  "In denial"
In denial of what .Naomh Conaill r County Champions ,now u deal with it .U will come back next year ,now won't u ,

gaanervous (Donegal) - Posts: 151 - 08/11/2019 20:47:34    2248659

Link

Replying To ManusFromHeaven:  "Deal with it, its part of Glenties make up and approach.

If you are ok with it, so be it, but dont deny it happen and dont deny the severity of it- which as i said, if those words were uttered elsewhere would be a criminal offense and thats before we even get to the targeted abuse around bereavement and illness."
Not nice to read and the worry is how this kinda stuff would impact the county environment for those involved.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2185 - 11/11/2019 12:18:21    2249048

Link

Good luck to Naomh conal. Buncrana. And st nauls this weekend. Heading up tonight hoping for a donegal double. Nice article in the star today by eamon Mc gee talks about the 3 matches and his sending off. Fair play to him he blames nobody but himself and he wishes n conal luck tonight.. always admired eamon a good honest fellow.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 694 - 16/11/2019 11:14:11    2249846

Link