Monaghan Forum

Juvenile Fixtures

(Oldest Posts First)

whats going on with our juvenile administration, League tables not being updated on the website and no venues or times confirmed for u13 finals this weekend.

latefortraining (Monaghan) - Posts: 32 - 08/07/2019 08:57:44    2207576

Link

It's been very very poor this year all right.

Very patchy future visibility on fixture dates makes it impossible to take football into account when planning family breaks - then (I hear) they dictate that games with dates published on website only with ~ 1 weeks notice cannot be changed for any reason.

I think it's very unfair on teams to schedule any kind of underage final during July & August - surely we all want any teams who make it through to the last stage of a competition to be be at full strength.

Won't anyone think of the children!

TearsIn85 (Monaghan) - Posts: 87 - 15/07/2019 09:35:08    2211174

Link

It has been very poor this year compared to other years

fonzy (Monaghan) - Posts: 63 - 16/07/2019 14:09:28    2211881

Link

my original post was in relation to league tables and fixtures not being updated on the website and lack of information .
but over the last weekend i learned the Castleblayney conceded the div 1 u13 shield final. Killanny also conceded a u17 league semi final. fixture in fairness were allowed dates for these competitions since March. if parent decide to take there kids on holiday the weekend of a final or semi final. theirs very little clubs can do. any club manager will tell you about the frustration of fielding teams over the summer months with holidays, on the other hand nobody wants to see kids in poor weather conditions later in the year. I think it poor form for clubs to forfeit a final . it a disappointment for young player who have played and trained since march to get to a final only to have it cancelled .

latefortraining (Monaghan) - Posts: 32 - 17/07/2019 08:36:31    2212192

Link

Replying To latefortraining:  "my original post was in relation to league tables and fixtures not being updated on the website and lack of information .
but over the last weekend i learned the Castleblayney conceded the div 1 u13 shield final. Killanny also conceded a u17 league semi final. fixture in fairness were allowed dates for these competitions since March. if parent decide to take there kids on holiday the weekend of a final or semi final. theirs very little clubs can do. any club manager will tell you about the frustration of fielding teams over the summer months with holidays, on the other hand nobody wants to see kids in poor weather conditions later in the year. I think it poor form for clubs to forfeit a final . it a disappointment for young player who have played and trained since march to get to a final only to have it cancelled ."
That's all well and good when fixtures are in place with plenty of notice.

However, the U15 Div 1 league semi final and final dates appeared on the website only last week for games yesterday and next Thursday. They may have been fixed earlier, but if they don't publish the information, how are people to know? I agree that it's disappointing to see forfeitures for finals, but if there p*ss poor communication, how can it be avoided?

I see nothing wrong with holding off league & championship finals until first & second week in Sept. No real issues with short evenings or severe weather, and a better chance that clubs can field full strength teams for a proper decider.

As a parent, i will arrange my holidays around kids schedules, and change where I can. However, if I don't have the information, it will be pot luck as to whether there will be a clash or not.

Still not a pixel of information on the website about U15 Div1 / 2 Championship fixtures.

TearsIn85 (Monaghan) - Posts: 87 - 19/07/2019 14:18:06    2213181

Link

Replying To TearsIn85:  "That's all well and good when fixtures are in place with plenty of notice.

However, the U15 Div 1 league semi final and final dates appeared on the website only last week for games yesterday and next Thursday. They may have been fixed earlier, but if they don't publish the information, how are people to know? I agree that it's disappointing to see forfeitures for finals, but if there p*ss poor communication, how can it be avoided?

I see nothing wrong with holding off league & championship finals until first & second week in Sept. No real issues with short evenings or severe weather, and a better chance that clubs can field full strength teams for a proper decider.

As a parent, i will arrange my holidays around kids schedules, and change where I can. However, if I don't have the information, it will be pot luck as to whether there will be a clash or not.

Still not a pixel of information on the website about U15 Div1 / 2 Championship fixtures."
The Monaghan gaa website has not been updated , But the draw , fixture and dates for the U13 and U15 championships has been emailed to club secretaries last week , Div 1+2 are combined for championship as is Div 3+4 , Div 5+6 at both age groups. its a round robin format with 3 teams per group. not an ideal format as the disparity of div 1 teams and div 2 teams can trow up some bad miss matches.

latefortraining (Monaghan) - Posts: 32 - 22/07/2019 11:47:18    2214607

Link

I see on the Monaghan website another Juvenile final wasn't played tonight and was conceded because of a holiday clash. U15 final between clan na Gael v Drumhowan. Clans were awarded the cup. Also hear Carrick are 50-50' whether they will field in the Div 1 U15 final tomorrow night. Have 6-7 boys away and co board wouldn't hold the match up for 2 weeks to give everyone a fair crack at it. Co Board are out of touch with the grass roots with this sort of carry on.

FrankAnnyalla (Monaghan) - Posts: 317 - 23/07/2019 22:46:13    2215501

Link

Replying To latefortraining:  "The Monaghan gaa website has not been updated , But the draw , fixture and dates for the U13 and U15 championships has been emailed to club secretaries last week , Div 1+2 are combined for championship as is Div 3+4 , Div 5+6 at both age groups. its a round robin format with 3 teams per group. not an ideal format as the disparity of div 1 teams and div 2 teams can trow up some bad miss matches."
That's all very well, but at this time of year its not only lads that are on hols, but club secretaries, team mentors etc.

All I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt to make the fixtures public in good time via the website.

TearsIn85 (Monaghan) - Posts: 87 - 24/07/2019 18:47:13    2215907

Link

Replying To latefortraining:  "The Monaghan gaa website has not been updated , But the draw , fixture and dates for the U13 and U15 championships has been emailed to club secretaries last week , Div 1+2 are combined for championship as is Div 3+4 , Div 5+6 at both age groups. its a round robin format with 3 teams per group. not an ideal format as the disparity of div 1 teams and div 2 teams can trow up some bad miss matches."
That's all very well, but at this time of year its not only lads that are on hols, but club secretaries, team mentors etc.

All I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt to make the fixtures public in good time via the website.

TearsIn85 (Monaghan) - Posts: 87 - 24/07/2019 18:47:23    2215908

Link

I am struggling to know how in the name of god did the Juvenile county board come up the the idea of pairing divisions for the championship. surely to god after the results in some of the league game the disparity between some of the top teams and a bottom teams in a division would raise a few concerns.
Not only did they ignore the results and put weak div 4 + 2 teams up against strong 3+1 teams.
some of the kicking handed out in u15 + u13 have been disgraceful . If anyone can see the logic of young lad wasting the last 6 weeks training and getting hidings to eventually end up in the championship that could have been played and run off long ago. its nothing short of a miracle that we have won back to back ulster minor titles the way we run our underage age games .

latefortraining (Monaghan) - Posts: 32 - 26/08/2019 12:54:15    2229385

Link