Galway Forum

Galway V Kerry

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Mayonman:  "terrible news......i hope ur wrong!

is it 100% confirmed that he has to have surgery? not doubting u just grasping at straws!"
Ya he is out until championship .

Belclare (Galway) - Posts: 4 - 18/02/2019 18:43:36    2166207

Link

Anyone know if the Corofin lads are back with Galway for this weekend? I wouldn't be surprised if they were with Galway for a week or 2 before going back to Corofin for a 3 week buildup to St Patrick's day. With the injury crisis that Kevin Walsh has they're badly needed and the NFL is a huge competition for these players. Liam Silke and Burke would be huge additions for the Kerry game.

Rocky.Road (Galway) - Posts: 333 - 19/02/2019 13:11:56    2166348

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "Is it definitely on in Tuam?"
?????

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 828 - 19/02/2019 13:26:55    2166351

Link

Replying To Belclare:  "Ya he is out until championship ."
They say a 12 week recovery and PT, the big man could potentially make a come back for Connacht Final, June 16 if we get there. Best to Damien and the other injured players, take all the time to fully recover, Gaillimh Abu

suckvalleypaddy (Galway) - Posts: 1079 - 19/02/2019 14:27:56    2166372

Link

Replying To Rocky.Road:  "Anyone know if the Corofin lads are back with Galway for this weekend? I wouldn't be surprised if they were with Galway for a week or 2 before going back to Corofin for a 3 week buildup to St Patrick's day. With the injury crisis that Kevin Walsh has they're badly needed and the NFL is a huge competition for these players. Liam Silke and Burke would be huge additions for the Kerry game."
Corofin would be mad to let them back. Could you imagine the abuse they would get. Put it this way will Dr Crokes let Brosnan and Shaw play...absolutely no way. Walsh knows what Burke and Silke give. It is Power he probably wants to look at for kickouts as the other two can struggle at times.

EDH (Galway) - Posts: 261 - 19/02/2019 15:18:01    2166388

Link

Replying To EDH:  "Corofin would be mad to let them back. Could you imagine the abuse they would get. Put it this way will Dr Crokes let Brosnan and Shaw play...absolutely no way. Walsh knows what Burke and Silke give. It is Power he probably wants to look at for kickouts as the other two can struggle at times."
I'd agree with you in relation to power. He's an excellent keeper. His biggest plus is his kickouts. He doesn't panic under pressure and I can't remember him ever being the topic of conversation after any game which tells a story in itself.

He does the basics well and You won't find him soloing up the field into traffic or doing anything daft. Kickouts out are so important in the modern game and power is deadly accurate. He is never phased in the big games and has the medals to prove it.

The Goalkeeping issue keeps raising its head. Its been an issue now for 5 years. The solution is very simple. Breatnach and lavelle are good shot stoppers but so too is power. Power has the ability to disguise the direction of his kickouts. Lavelle and breatnach do not and so Power should be our number one keeper come championship.

As for the corofin lads being available against kerry, I'd doubt it very much if we'll see any of them until the last round of the league. It would be unfair on corofin and the players to expect them to play on the eve of a club all ireland final

Reversepass1 (Galway) - Posts: 86 - 19/02/2019 19:04:50    2166433

Link

Replying To Reversepass1:  "I'd agree with you in relation to power. He's an excellent keeper. His biggest plus is his kickouts. He doesn't panic under pressure and I can't remember him ever being the topic of conversation after any game which tells a story in itself.

He does the basics well and You won't find him soloing up the field into traffic or doing anything daft. Kickouts out are so important in the modern game and power is deadly accurate. He is never phased in the big games and has the medals to prove it.

The Goalkeeping issue keeps raising its head. Its been an issue now for 5 years. The solution is very simple. Breatnach and lavelle are good shot stoppers but so too is power. Power has the ability to disguise the direction of his kickouts. Lavelle and breatnach do not and so Power should be our number one keeper come championship.

As for the corofin lads being available against kerry, I'd doubt it very much if we'll see any of them until the last round of the league. It would be unfair on corofin and the players to expect them to play on the eve of a club all ireland final"
One thing you can't give out to lavelle and breathnach for is carrying the ball up the field . I don't like it and it's not good for my heart but they do it repeatedly meaning they've been told by management to be the extra man and go for a run. Power isn't as mobile as them - nothing wrong with that I'm definitely one of the people who believes a goalie should always stay near the goal. Just don't think it's fair to the lads to complain about them doing that when they've clearly been instructed to do it.

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 785 - 19/02/2019 20:11:34    2166444

Link

Could be a big Kerry support at this game as for the first time they will have motorway from Limerick to within a short walk from the pitch...

giveitlong (Galway) - Posts: 902 - 20/02/2019 10:23:47    2166508

Link

Replying To galwayfball:  "One thing you can't give out to lavelle and breathnach for is carrying the ball up the field . I don't like it and it's not good for my heart but they do it repeatedly meaning they've been told by management to be the extra man and go for a run. Power isn't as mobile as them - nothing wrong with that I'm definitely one of the people who believes a goalie should always stay near the goal. Just don't think it's fair to the lads to complain about them doing that when they've clearly been instructed to do it."
Lavelle has never done it for Salthill that i have seen so i think this is bang on and has to be a direction from management.

Maghnus does his own thing wherever though!

kazoochka (Galway) - Posts: 94 - 20/02/2019 11:40:40    2166522

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "?????"
Absolutely on in Tuam. New dressing rooms ready as well.

Belclare (Galway) - Posts: 4 - 20/02/2019 12:21:03    2166527

Link