Monaghan Forum

Club Football 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To muckla:  "Great to see Shane win another championship I reckon he might have also won an intermediate championship with Magheracloone in the early 2000s and one with his current club Ratoath in Meath in 2015. can someone correct me on this?"
Won ratoath intermediate championship in 2015 think it was an intermediate league in early 2000s that brought Magheracloone up senior

monaghanman99 (Monaghan) - Posts: 23 - 31/10/2019 15:01:31    2246819

Link

Replying To FootblockREF:  "I saw them against Carrick, they were no more than average. I saw them against Ballybay,they were no more than average. Against Latton, who barely survived this season, and Clontibret were hanging on at the end. Face the facts, they had one good day on the day it mattered the most. You can point to this years final all you like but I'll be pointing at the result on Sunday week when they play a team who are actually focused on the day and not some future event."
Hilarious to read this back. I suppose Cross were focused on the Glenties/Castlerahan winners instead.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 820 - 02/11/2019 21:11:21    2247300

Link

Replying To patk:  "Hilarious to read this back. I suppose Cross were focused on the Glenties/Castlerahan winners instead."
Rent free in you head.

FootblockREF (Monaghan) - Posts: 386 - 02/11/2019 22:31:08    2247312

Link

Replying To patk:  "Hilarious to read this back. I suppose Cross were focused on the Glenties/Castlerahan winners instead."
Give it a rest mate will ya. The guy called it as he saw it. I don't think anyone in Clontibret or anywhere thought they'd be in a provincial semi final if you looked at them last year. They've hit their stride, are obviously full of confidence and having one of the best forwards of all time helps matters too. Congrats to them.

Adler (Monaghan) - Posts: 739 - 03/11/2019 00:56:29    2247327

Link

Fair play to Clontibret. I'd say they are the first team Cross have played this year that weren't bet before the throw in. It goes to show the benefit of a competitive county championship as opposed to the annual coronation that Cross have. County lads all played well. Mansy caught a free late in the first half, was the sweetest strike you'll ever see. Conor Boyle was outstanding but it was a full team effort. Savage had a great game as did young Dowd. Really set up for them now.

FootblockREF (Monaghan) - Posts: 386 - 03/11/2019 09:08:18    2247337

Link

Congrats to Clontibret great to see McManus getting a chance to go deep into the club championship and stalwarts like Vinnie and Dessie. Cross are a great club and rallied hard in that second half so really good result.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1403 - 03/11/2019 11:12:05    2247357

Link

Rumour on the management front so far are
Latton - Malachy o Rourke
Inniskeen - oisin mc conville
2 very high profile appointments if they are true/correct

MONAGHAN1985 (Monaghan) - Posts: 68 - 08/11/2019 13:24:15    2248566

Link

Latton must have plenty of money to throw at a manager if true. Good few players coming to their end with Latton. Bob,Hughie, Eddie Lennon. Nearly all the experienced lads bar the Duffys. Three or Four young lads look good but can see them struggle in next year or so.

McConville be good for Inniskeen. Good young team to work with plus its beside him so very little travelling which every manager would love. He could really make a team out of them as they showed throughout the league that they are dogged team who are hard beat. A little experience for the younger lads of the team and they would be good enough i reckon.

Any other managerial changes??

countymonaghan (Monaghan) - Posts: 157 - 08/11/2019 15:01:00    2248591

Link

Replying To countymonaghan:  "Latton must have plenty of money to throw at a manager if true. Good few players coming to their end with Latton. Bob,Hughie, Eddie Lennon. Nearly all the experienced lads bar the Duffys. Three or Four young lads look good but can see them struggle in next year or so.

McConville be good for Inniskeen. Good young team to work with plus its beside him so very little travelling which every manager would love. He could really make a team out of them as they showed throughout the league that they are dogged team who are hard beat. A little experience for the younger lads of the team and they would be good enough i reckon.

Any other managerial changes??"
What's is out and about Aidan farmer is gone from latton ,Donnelly gone from Scotstown ,Dessie mc Bennett gone from doohamlet, intermediate heard nothing on it , Junior aghabog management team is reportedly gone and toome management team is gone and maybe drumhowan, but that's all hear say

Cuppa (Monaghan) - Posts: 157 - 09/11/2019 16:36:08    2248792

Link

Replying To Cuppa:  "What's is out and about Aidan farmer is gone from latton ,Donnelly gone from Scotstown ,Dessie mc Bennett gone from doohamlet, intermediate heard nothing on it , Junior aghabog management team is reportedly gone and toome management team is gone and maybe drumhowan, but that's all hear say"
Dessie Mc Bennett must have steeped down as manager of dohamlet and returned to the hot seat a 101 times now at this stage so if he's gone he'll be back!!!

I heard Bernard Flynn is in talks with toome over the managers job and donal Keogan is taking over monaghan harps but again this could be rubbish

mick2007 (Monaghan) - Posts: 217 - 10/11/2019 11:12:54    2248850

Link