Monaghan Forum

Club Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Scotstown very poor today, didn't deserve to win, young otoole at full back is a liability at full back, point or no point and emmet caulfield absolutely was given a roasting by the coilreine full forward, I'd expect gaoith dobhair to beat them

stvictor (Monaghan) - Posts: 35 - 18/11/2018 21:43:48    2151551

Link

Replying To JohnnyCowMan:  "Scotstown very poor today, didn't deserve to win, young otoole at full back is a liability at full back, point or no point and emmet caulfield absolutely was given a roasting by the coilreine full forward, I'd expect gaoith dobhair to beat them"
Stick to the cows. Maybe you didn't realise Caulfield was full back. Ryan O'Toole was wing half back and maybe if you didn't notice he is 18, starting only his 5th championship match. He is raw yet but has serious potential and wasn't found hiding when Scotstown need players to stand up at the end.

Scotstown got out of jail, Colraine beat Slaughtneil In Derry after a reply, so they are no bad outfit.

Gaoth Doabhair played brilliant fast football but Crossmaglen' s defending was nieve to say the least.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1766 - 18/11/2018 23:20:01    2151568

Link

With Scotstown just about scraping through and all the talk about Gweedore's performance, the Scotstown men will be going into the final as underdogs and somewhat under the radar. That should suit them, and while a repeat performance won't be good enough I would expect a good improvement from them in the final.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 745 - 19/11/2018 09:50:48    2151590

Link

I hear toome won there appeal and stay in intermediate next year and 3 go down at end of season . Any truth in it ?
If so what ground did they win it on ??

farneygael (Monaghan) - Posts: 33 - 26/11/2018 19:51:39    2152524

Link

Replying To farneygael:  "I hear toome won there appeal and stay in intermediate next year and 3 go down at end of season . Any truth in it ?
If so what ground did they win it on ??"
They won appeal with Ulster Council but are have to go Croke Park with it now to confirm. A Farce!

SuperNova_2 (Monaghan) - Posts: 30 - 27/11/2018 12:27:51    2152594

Link

Replying To farneygael:  "I hear toome won there appeal and stay in intermediate next year and 3 go down at end of season . Any truth in it ?
all true

detruth (Monaghan) - Posts: 165 - 27/11/2018 12:31:50    2152596

Link

They should've just took their relegation instead of crying to the Ulster council

WalkOutWithHer (Monaghan) - Posts: 12 - 27/11/2018 14:56:13    2152613

Link

Replying To SuperNova_2:  "They won appeal with Ulster Council but are have to go Croke Park with it now to confirm. A Farce!"
Ì wonder did their big money sponsors play any part in their successful appeal

WalkOutWithHer (Monaghan) - Posts: 12 - 27/11/2018 16:25:06    2152621

Link

Replying To WalkOutWithHer:  "They should've just took their relegation instead of crying to the Ulster council"
They should of had I agree. If they were good enough they would not have been in the situation .

farneygael (Monaghan) - Posts: 33 - 27/11/2018 19:19:30    2152640

Link

Toome lost their case in croke park yesterday , they are junior unless they try again.that is prob the end of that

MONAGHAN1985 (Monaghan) - Posts: 48 - 28/11/2018 13:40:06    2152712

Link

Hard luck Scotstown. Atrocious conditions and Darren Hughes didn't deserve to be on the losing side. Moment of madness from Carey and they could have been doing with him in the closing stages as they lacked a finisher someone to grab game by scruff of the neck. McCarthy was well held and never really got into the game. Unfortunately becoming a habit now for a lot of the same players losing big tight games by the minimum at county and club level so hard one to take for the these lads hopefully will bounce back from it.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1269 - 02/12/2018 17:39:03    2153091

Link

Brainless stuff by Carey, makes it even worse that he'd been having a really good game up til then. He was on form and confident, and it's a scorer like that which would have made a big difference in the final minutes in such a tight game. If he didn't lose the rag then they could possibly be celebrating today. He'll be kicking himself I'm sure. Tough one to take for Scotstown but they don't help themselves when certain players make idiotic decisions like that.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 745 - 03/12/2018 12:30:11    2153173

Link

Replying To patk:  "Brainless stuff by Carey, makes it even worse that he'd been having a really good game up til then. He was on form and confident, and it's a scorer like that which would have made a big difference in the final minutes in such a tight game. If he didn't lose the rag then they could possibly be celebrating today. He'll be kicking himself I'm sure. Tough one to take for Scotstown but they don't help themselves when certain players make idiotic decisions like that."
tough pill to swallow yesterday for scotstown with the exception of carey and Darren hughes there other "big men" didn't stand up to the plate when it was needed most with K Hughes a major disappointment.. I think this team has missed the boat when it comes to an ulster title.. They still should dominate monaghan for another 2/3 years anyway

mick2007 (Monaghan) - Posts: 192 - 03/12/2018 15:31:26    2153195

Link

Replying To mick2007:  "tough pill to swallow yesterday for scotstown with the exception of carey and Darren hughes there other "big men" didn't stand up to the plate when it was needed most with K Hughes a major disappointment.. I think this team has missed the boat when it comes to an ulster title.. They still should dominate monaghan for another 2/3 years anyway"
K Hughes was well marked and came in for a lot of special treatment. The GD lads seemed to know what buttons to press with him which has been the case in a lot of big matches over the years. Carey was having a great match before moment of madness. McCarthy never really got into the game bar one great point.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1269 - 04/12/2018 06:23:28    2153264

Link