National Forum

Dublin Getting 2 Home Games In The Super 8s. Fair Or Unfair?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Question, why have pool 1 play on Sundays and pool 2 play Saturdays??? What i mean is, Dublin only have to travel to Omagh for a match inbetween 2 matches at Croke Park on Saturdays. Kerry have to travel to Dublin and now Clones on a Sunday evening, forcing any supporters that would travel extended travel times with work the next morning. Why didnt group 1 get Saturdays as the travel time is longer then pool 2?? Just doesn't make sense to me.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 153 - 20/07/2018 14:36:30    2124032

Link

Replying To NarrowBack914:  "Question, why have pool 1 play on Sundays and pool 2 play Saturdays??? What i mean is, Dublin only have to travel to Omagh for a match inbetween 2 matches at Croke Park on Saturdays. Kerry have to travel to Dublin and now Clones on a Sunday evening, forcing any supporters that would travel extended travel times with work the next morning. Why didnt group 1 get Saturdays as the travel time is longer then pool 2?? Just doesn't make sense to me."
Theres very little about how the GAA is being run that makes very little sense these days to be honest.

Hurling fixtures from the very start were a mess and now we are in mid July with 2 weekends of hurling left and thats it.

Football and the so called super 8 fiasco another mess, the newbridge fiasco, the absoloute mess of how the super 8 was brought in etc etc.

tearintom (Wexford) - Posts: 659 - 20/07/2018 16:27:27    2124049

Link