Westmeath Forum

New Westmeath Football Manager

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Jack_Sparrow:  "Budda will be running for election soon. He might have his hands full with that."
Yea Budda going for election so he is out. Leahy has a job for life in Mayo he a hero in mayo for standing up to the rot. Gavin needs to stay with the 20s. Cooney and dempsey won't take it no matter what. So as much as we wanted it to be a local man it's not going to be. It will be another journey man which is fine for a few years as long as we take those 2 or 3 years to sort our underage and have us challenging at underage level. This is the only way we will improve if we put all our finances and all our good men and manpower into underage development.

Djkray (Dublin) - Posts: 152 - 04/08/2018 10:26:55    2128883

Link

Replying To Djkray:  "Yea Budda going for election so he is out. Leahy has a job for life in Mayo he a hero in mayo for standing up to the rot. Gavin needs to stay with the 20s. Cooney and dempsey won't take it no matter what. So as much as we wanted it to be a local man it's not going to be. It will be another journey man which is fine for a few years as long as we take those 2 or 3 years to sort our underage and have us challenging at underage level. This is the only way we will improve if we put all our finances and all our good men and manpower into underage development."
Agree with most of that but Leahy a hero, come on.. his cv isn't great either, and for a man that never played the game he would want a serious cv to expect to manage an inter country men's team. Luke Dempsey all the way for me..

Paddyfla19 (Westmeath) - Posts: 87 - 04/08/2018 13:27:06    2128921

Link

Replying To Paddyfla19:  "Agree with most of that but Leahy a hero, come on.. his cv isn't great either, and for a man that never played the game he would want a serious cv to expect to manage an inter country men's team. Luke Dempsey all the way for me.."
Agree Luke is the man for the job and has the best CV and he would be my choice for sure. By the way Leahy did play the game just not at county level. Think Luke is the man but can't see him been interested in fact I can't see any local genuinely interested in taking the job. Inter county management has just got to hard

Djkray (Dublin) - Posts: 152 - 05/08/2018 10:27:28    2129261

Link

Replying To Djkray:  "Yea Budda going for election so he is out. Leahy has a job for life in Mayo he a hero in mayo for standing up to the rot. Gavin needs to stay with the 20s. Cooney and dempsey won't take it no matter what. So as much as we wanted it to be a local man it's not going to be. It will be another journey man which is fine for a few years as long as we take those 2 or 3 years to sort our underage and have us challenging at underage level. This is the only way we will improve if we put all our finances and all our good men and manpower into underage development."
I think you are being optimistic if you think 2-3 years is what it will take to fix underage. 2-3 years to sort out the coaching structure. But you wouldnt see any fruit from that in maybe 6-7 years.

Meridian (Westmeath) - Posts: 464 - 07/08/2018 10:57:42    2130346

Link

What's the latest ? Anyone know date of Aug County Board meeting ?

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 564 - 13/08/2018 14:06:11    2132732

Link