Mayo Forum

The Back Door

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Belclare1:  "Love it..."
Lol! Well you have been grinding that ace for some time belcare, a good result at the weekend no better county to break your duck against! Never enough and never by enough lad!

Spoddgy (Mayo) - Posts: 630 - 17/07/2018 19:51:20    2123277

Link

Replying To The_DOC:  "Heya, just doing what you asked - so I'm coming back after the weekend...."
Good man! Fair play..

unclegerry (Mayo) - Posts: 1182 - 17/07/2018 20:56:14    2123304

Link

I wouldn't be too excited after that display. Reminds me a bit of what England were doing before they got whacked. The less said the better until the dinner is cooked and eaten. Has a habit of causing serious indigestion at times.

davittsman (Mayo) - Posts: 292 - 18/07/2018 16:39:43    2123542

Link

Replying To davittsman:  "I wouldn't be too excited after that display. Reminds me a bit of what England were doing before they got whacked. The less said the better until the dinner is cooked and eaten. Has a habit of causing serious indigestion at times."
Who's getting excited? You should have plenty of time for dinner this summer..

Belclare1 (Galway) - Posts: 1466 - 18/07/2018 23:16:16    2123642

Link

Replying To davittsman:  "I wouldn't be too excited after that display. Reminds me a bit of what England were doing before they got whacked. The less said the better until the dinner is cooked and eaten. Has a habit of causing serious indigestion at times."
Don't get too excited....Jesus - when can we get excited then?

- Beat ye in the FBD - don't get too excited, wait for the NFL
- Beat ye in the NFL - don't get too excited its all about championship, yer system wont work in the summer
- Get to the league final - don't get too excited, its all about championship
- Beat ye in the championship - don't get too excited, we get another run at ye in the Super 8's
- We win Connacht - don't get too excited, come back to us when ye win Croker
- We beat Kerry in the first match of the Super 8's - don't get too excited....

At some point will it be OK with ye if we get excited?

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 482 - 19/07/2018 09:10:41    2123676

Link

Replying To The_DOC:  "Don't get too excited....Jesus - when can we get excited then?

- Beat ye in the FBD - don't get too excited, wait for the NFL
- Beat ye in the NFL - don't get too excited its all about championship, yer system wont work in the summer
- Get to the league final - don't get too excited, its all about championship
- Beat ye in the championship - don't get too excited, we get another run at ye in the Super 8's
- We win Connacht - don't get too excited, come back to us when ye win Croker
- We beat Kerry in the first match of the Super 8's - don't get too excited....

At some point will it be OK with ye if we get excited?"
Clearly not DOC ;)

Also, FBD and NFL? Come on now

unclegerry (Mayo) - Posts: 1182 - 19/07/2018 12:24:45    2123731

Link

Replying To unclegerry:  "Clearly not DOC ;)

Also, FBD and NFL? Come on now"
I know I know - just emplacing the point more than anything about actually winning those matches.

In all seriousness - good luck in the u.20's, some fine ballers on that team by the looks of it

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 482 - 19/07/2018 14:11:21    2123769

Link

Be the hokey, lovely to see Galway people on our Mayo forum strutting their stuff. As I said already i'd be careful about all the mouthing and strutting coz it has a habit of coming back and clobbering you right in the you know where. We know here in Mayo that Galway have beaten us for a few years running but that's been about all you guys have done, despite all the high 5's, etc. Serious stuff is just about to start for you and wish Galway all the luck in the world. Hopefully ye get a chance and decide to play football because in fairness you've not set the world alight yet, that's what i'm saying. Take it out of context any way you want to, that is your prerogative. We're having a break in this county at senior level, we've earned it over the years and it has led to others in Connacht to raise their game. We'll be sending out our U20's to do the business next month, so not all lost for us. There's a soft senior All Ireland there to be won this year, go and do it and less of the lip. By the way, thanks again for keeping tabs on our forum

davittsman (Mayo) - Posts: 292 - 19/07/2018 17:57:22    2123827

Link

Replying To davittsman:  "Be the hokey, lovely to see Galway people on our Mayo forum strutting their stuff. As I said already i'd be careful about all the mouthing and strutting coz it has a habit of coming back and clobbering you right in the you know where. We know here in Mayo that Galway have beaten us for a few years running but that's been about all you guys have done, despite all the high 5's, etc. Serious stuff is just about to start for you and wish Galway all the luck in the world. Hopefully ye get a chance and decide to play football because in fairness you've not set the world alight yet, that's what i'm saying. Take it out of context any way you want to, that is your prerogative. We're having a break in this county at senior level, we've earned it over the years and it has led to others in Connacht to raise their game. We'll be sending out our U20's to do the business next month, so not all lost for us. There's a soft senior All Ireland there to be won this year, go and do it and less of the lip. By the way, thanks again for keeping tabs on our forum"
They would have "earned" that break 1000 times over had they actually been successful (getting bet in All-Irelands doesn't qualify as success in Galway)

streaker (Galway) - Posts: 312 - 20/07/2018 01:04:15    2123917

Link

Replying To davittsman:  "Be the hokey, lovely to see Galway people on our Mayo forum strutting their stuff. As I said already i'd be careful about all the mouthing and strutting coz it has a habit of coming back and clobbering you right in the you know where. We know here in Mayo that Galway have beaten us for a few years running but that's been about all you guys have done, despite all the high 5's, etc. Serious stuff is just about to start for you and wish Galway all the luck in the world. Hopefully ye get a chance and decide to play football because in fairness you've not set the world alight yet, that's what i'm saying. Take it out of context any way you want to, that is your prerogative. We're having a break in this county at senior level, we've earned it over the years and it has led to others in Connacht to raise their game. We'll be sending out our U20's to do the business next month, so not all lost for us. There's a soft senior All Ireland there to be won this year, go and do it and less of the lip. By the way, thanks again for keeping tabs on our forum"
They would have "earned" that break 1000 times over had they actually been successful (getting bet in All-Irelands doesn't qualify as success in Galway)

streaker (Galway) - Posts: 312 - 20/07/2018 01:10:19    2123919

Link

You invited me back after we 'get to the super 8's' and then you invited me to come back when we 'actually won a game in Croke Park' so really you only have yourselves to blame!

Earned your break - that's hilarious!

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 482 - 20/07/2018 08:19:00    2123930

Link

Replying To The_DOC:  "You invited me back after we 'get to the super 8's' and then you invited me to come back when we 'actually won a game in Croke Park' so really you only have yourselves to blame!

Earned your break - that's hilarious!"
We are delighted to have ye lads.. Sure we have little else for doing only posting on forums these days ;)

Ye are in a good place going into the weekend. Where I think ye have been at your strongest has taken a hit over the last month or so, Midfleld.. Conroy and Duggan out leave you light on options there. That is where I think we lost our game v Kildare as they have some big units around the middle and we were down to the bare bones.

I fancy ye to win this weekend as Kildare are showing signs of fatigue. This will be their 5th game in 6 weeks. They should have beaten Monaghan.. tired minds and bodies in the last 10 taking wrong options cost them.

I still think your system wont win you an All Ireland with this Dublin team knocking about.. but ye are still there so fair play

Mayo will take stock. I'm sure none of the lads will enjoy watching on over the next few weeks and the rest will benefit a few boys who have had 7 long tough years.. Great to see the u20s going well.. That group were wiped out in connacht as minors. It goes to show you that underage football is unpredictable and successes at the grades guarantee you nothing at senior. If we get 3 or 4 of that u20 team guys into the panel in the next couple of years that would be a great result

unclegerry (Mayo) - Posts: 1182 - 20/07/2018 10:30:12    2123961

Link