Galway Forum

Galway V Monaghan

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I think they should start Shane Walsh midfield next day give him more freedom around the field let him get on ball and pass it he is very good passer of ball also there not many out there that would keep with him in full flight I just think as a half forward he has 2 come way 2 deep think it worth a chance it's not as if we winning any ball in midfield as it is I would try Peter Cooke centre forward now is the time try few things we in final regardless of results in last 2 games .and I for one don't think dropping him makes any sense he in my opinion is a quality player

Kickitout (Galway) - Posts: 246 - 11/03/2018 22:13:07    2083687

Link

Good enough performance today, but felt like the red card had a huge say. Nevertheless the lads did well to take advantage of that and never really looked like wilting. The attack still hasn't really clicked at all and missed a fair few chances once again. Shane Walsh needs to get his act together, a fabulous talent but so frustrating to watch on days like today.

On another note, does anyone know why Army got MotM today? Thought he did well, but there were easily 5 or 6 better players. His only score came from a free too I think. I know he won a lot of good ball inside but was an average enough performance overall. Damo, Conroy, McHugh, Brannigan all impressive, and a few of the backs had very solid games like Kerin.

Townee2018 (Galway) - Posts: 126 - 12/03/2018 00:27:39    2083764

Link

Replying To Townee2018:  "Good enough performance today, but felt like the red card had a huge say. Nevertheless the lads did well to take advantage of that and never really looked like wilting. The attack still hasn't really clicked at all and missed a fair few chances once again. Shane Walsh needs to get his act together, a fabulous talent but so frustrating to watch on days like today.

On another note, does anyone know why Army got MotM today? Thought he did well, but there were easily 5 or 6 better players. His only score came from a free too I think. I know he won a lot of good ball inside but was an average enough performance overall. Damo, Conroy, McHugh, Brannigan all impressive, and a few of the backs had very solid games like Kerin."
Where do Sean Og dePaor and Sean Armstrong teach?

Belclare1 (Galway) - Posts: 1454 - 12/03/2018 09:38:03    2083806

Link

Replying To Townee2018:  "Good enough performance today, but felt like the red card had a huge say. Nevertheless the lads did well to take advantage of that and never really looked like wilting. The attack still hasn't really clicked at all and missed a fair few chances once again. Shane Walsh needs to get his act together, a fabulous talent but so frustrating to watch on days like today.

On another note, does anyone know why Army got MotM today? Thought he did well, but there were easily 5 or 6 better players. His only score came from a free too I think. I know he won a lot of good ball inside but was an average enough performance overall. Damo, Conroy, McHugh, Brannigan all impressive, and a few of the backs had very solid games like Kerin."
Kerins won gbfm man of the match and deservedly so

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 725 - 12/03/2018 09:40:47    2083807

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Where do Sean Og dePaor and Sean Armstrong teach?"
I think Sean óg is in Oranmore

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 473 - 12/03/2018 10:12:20    2083824

Link

The red card was a massive turning point,but a win is a win,the biggest disappointment for me has been the performance s of paul conroy this year, a great servant but wr are getting cleaned at midfield inalmost every game.

Galway9 (Galway) - Posts: 59 - 12/03/2018 10:57:09    2083853

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Where do Sean Og dePaor and Sean Armstrong teach?"
St Mary's galway

jj19 (Galway) - Posts: 385 - 12/03/2018 11:21:56    2083867

Link

Certainly a novel 'criticism' emerging now that we might have done 'too well' in this year's NFL, and may be in danger of suffering traumatic stress disorder, absorbing what we're about to absorb in two high profile clashes with the Dubs.

Pope_Benedict (Galway) - Posts: 2122 - 12/03/2018 11:25:11    2083871

Link

Replying To Pope_Benedict:  "Certainly a novel 'criticism' emerging now that we might have done 'too well' in this year's NFL, and may be in danger of suffering traumatic stress disorder, absorbing what we're about to absorb in two high profile clashes with the Dubs."
So this is getting fairly annoying now, lazy media analysis, excuses from other counties etc. Ok so say Galway pushed their training routine earlier than others so as to make sure they stayed in Division 1, fair enough. They are taking each game at a time individually and on merit, they didnt set out at the start of the season to win the league. They have been better than everyone they played so far. But for this rubbish about Galway peaking early etc is hard to listen too. We all know the Mayo game is the big one and Mayo will still will be favourites but i dont think Galway are taking the eye of the ball, they are just winning games. The two games against Diblin will be freat expierience for these lads as good as any training weekend or 50 sessions.

Belclare1 (Galway) - Posts: 1454 - 12/03/2018 12:17:17    2083897

Link

Replying To Pope_Benedict:  "Certainly a novel 'criticism' emerging now that we might have done 'too well' in this year's NFL, and may be in danger of suffering traumatic stress disorder, absorbing what we're about to absorb in two high profile clashes with the Dubs."
Mr Whelan is such a nice man he's worried about the trauma our 'laddeens' are going to have inflicted on them by the might metropolitans.
It could finish us.

Barnowl94 (Galway) - Posts: 3032 - 12/03/2018 15:24:19    2083975

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "So this is getting fairly annoying now, lazy media analysis, excuses from other counties etc. Ok so say Galway pushed their training routine earlier than others so as to make sure they stayed in Division 1, fair enough. They are taking each game at a time individually and on merit, they didnt set out at the start of the season to win the league. They have been better than everyone they played so far. But for this rubbish about Galway peaking early etc is hard to listen too. We all know the Mayo game is the big one and Mayo will still will be favourites but i dont think Galway are taking the eye of the ball, they are just winning games. The two games against Diblin will be freat expierience for these lads as good as any training weekend or 50 sessions."
Fully agree. Team will gain so much from Dublin games. If we are aiming for the top this is what you need to be doing. Playing the best as often as possible. I think it is great prep for Mayo game. Better than any amount of dead end challenge games or training sessions.

If you get hammered, so be it. So have most teams. If we are that mentally weak that a beating by a team that is beating everyone so easily would physiologically damage us then we may as well find out now!

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 734 - 12/03/2018 16:15:25    2083992

Link

Plenty of data out there that is indicating we are having massive conversation rates both in terms of converting possessions into Shots and Shots into scores. In addition we are having low possessions. Shot selection was poor yesterday before the second half. Brannigan in exceptional form at the moment, I wouldn't go calling him a superstar yet, will be interesting to see if he can maintain the form.

WunderBar (Galway) - Posts: 157 - 12/03/2018 17:16:42    2084029

Link

Ive said it in previous posts and I'll say it again. There's no pleasing some of ye. In terms of negativity the Galway forum has to be up there as the worst. Won 5 games from 5, all I see is this player shouldn't be playing , wish this player hadn't left , midfield cleaned out , missed chances etc. What do ye want from them? Two games left against Dublin and an away game against Kildare , let's hope we lose all 3 games and then we'll all be able to fully focus on the hurling .

candlewax (Galway) - Posts: 82 - 12/03/2018 18:21:59    2084049

Link

bring them on and have a go at them in their our own pitch....wouldnt change a huge amount bar starting army for sweeney. think we should persevere with barry mchugh...lacks a bit in speed and power but his free taking is worth it

interesting to pit ourselves against the best

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 427 - 12/03/2018 18:30:15    2084051

Link

Replying To candlewax:  "Ive said it in previous posts and I'll say it again. There's no pleasing some of ye. In terms of negativity the Galway forum has to be up there as the worst. Won 5 games from 5, all I see is this player shouldn't be playing , wish this player hadn't left , midfield cleaned out , missed chances etc. What do ye want from them? Two games left against Dublin and an away game against Kildare , let's hope we lose all 3 games and then we'll all be able to fully focus on the hurling ."
Well said,some people r never happy.its being a great start to year and when we get a few more lads back we ll ave a strong panel for da summer

Dunmore10 (Galway) - Posts: 27 - 12/03/2018 20:46:28    2084090

Link

Great turnaround for Galway football this year, people were laughing at us not so long ago. Yes, it's only the league but look at the bright side we've come a long way from where we were five or four years ago. I don't know why there is so much negativity, just enjoy it, they are playing good football and WINNING matches. Fair play Galway Fair play Galway supporters.

GalwayAlways (Galway) - Posts: 2 - 12/03/2018 22:47:27    2084128

Link

Replying To GalwayAlways:  "Great turnaround for Galway football this year, people were laughing at us not so long ago. Yes, it's only the league but look at the bright side we've come a long way from where we were five or four years ago. I don't know why there is so much negativity, just enjoy it, they are playing good football and WINNING matches. Fair play Galway Fair play Galway supporters."
Agreed. I also think this idea that they have peaked too soon is nonsense. If they did not take the league as seriously as they have done, then they would most likely have been relegated and that would have been disastrous for morale. Looking forward to the Dublin match.

Gaillimh_Abu (Galway) - Posts: 758 - 13/03/2018 06:28:44    2084161

Link