Sligo Forum

Connacht FBD League 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Anto:  "Thats a very confused rant there Eoinog. You seem to be suggesting that O'Hara has persuaded the Tourlestrane players not to play for Sligo and to dedicate themselves to playing for the club instead. Very confused logic there."
The logic I am applying is that O Hara in his day would never accept second best and therefore would never say that we may have to go to div 4 to start rebuilding. This is coming before a ball is kicked in the league. As Tourlestrane players appear slow to commit for this year it raises the suspicion that they may have decided to go flat out for a Connacht Title with the club and ignore the County Set Up. I would have thought that you could easily rebuild in Div 3 especially with 4 home games.

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 538 - 18/01/2018 14:54:26    2069092

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "The logic I am applying is that O Hara in his day would never accept second best and therefore would never say that we may have to go to div 4 to start rebuilding. This is coming before a ball is kicked in the league. As Tourlestrane players appear slow to commit for this year it raises the suspicion that they may have decided to go flat out for a Connacht Title with the club and ignore the County Set Up. I would have thought that you could easily rebuild in Div 3 especially with 4 home games."
I know we cannot read into FBD too much but some turn around last night. 18 point swing in the second half. Anybody at the game o shed some light?

shorona (Sligo) - Posts: 97 - 18/01/2018 16:19:06    2069113

Link

Replying To shorona:  "I know we cannot read into FBD too much but some turn around last night. 18 point swing in the second half. Anybody at the game o shed some light?"
It was a nothing game where both teams had nothing to play for and yet Sligo still put out a relatively strong team

I would also agree with Eoinog's comments on O'Hara and Div 4. I have little doubt that O'Hara has convinced players that in order to challenge for Connacht Club, they need to have the full year training together. I only hope it comes back to bite them and Tubber or Mary's (if pull themselves together after last year) end any Connacht dreams

muscles (Sligo) - Posts: 306 - 18/01/2018 18:28:51    2069149

Link

Replying To muscles:  "It was a nothing game where both teams had nothing to play for and yet Sligo still put out a relatively strong team

I would also agree with Eoinog's comments on O'Hara and Div 4. I have little doubt that O'Hara has convinced players that in order to challenge for Connacht Club, they need to have the full year training together. I only hope it comes back to bite them and Tubber or Mary's (if pull themselves together after last year) end any Connacht dreams"
What a load of nonsense. Do ye honestly believe that putting up cricket scores on substandard club teams instead of playing with and against players of their standard will be of benefit to the players.

It's the player own decisions to not commit. There are 2 lads still involved from what I hear. Another lad gone travelling for the year (Eamon the dictator should have had a word with him). Two other lads got no game time for the last 2 years so I can understand why they didn't fancy all the travelling around the country sitting in the bench.

Anto (Sligo) - Posts: 243 - 18/01/2018 20:47:51    2069171

Link

Replying To shorona:  "I know we cannot read into FBD too much but some turn around last night. 18 point swing in the second half. Anybody at the game o shed some light?"
18 point swing?

Benbulben (Sligo) - Posts: 297 - 19/01/2018 05:03:07    2069194

Link

Replying To Benbulben:  "18 point swing?"
Apologies Benbulben, my mistake. I was following social media updates and a certain page had the score the wrong way around at half time! I thought we were down by 7 at half time and turned it around!

shorona (Sligo) - Posts: 97 - 19/01/2018 11:49:11    2069252

Link

Replying To Benbulben:  "18 point swing?"
I note the time of your post at 5.03 am and I hope you weren't lying awake worrying about Sligo Football.

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 538 - 19/01/2018 12:21:31    2069261

Link

Replying To eoinog:  "I note the time of your post at 5.03 am and I hope you weren't lying awake worrying about Sligo Football."
Na I was up training hoping I can make the panel

Benbulben (Sligo) - Posts: 297 - 20/01/2018 09:38:16    2069409

Link

What is the story with Cian Breheny these days? For someone with such high hopes, he has had very little game time for club or county in a hell of a long time.

Garavogue (Sligo) - Posts: 95 - 21/01/2018 19:15:20    2069721

Link

Good performance from Sligo today. The mayo goal really was the difference at a time we had scored 5 in a row to level. A very young team showed really well against a strong Mayo side.
Bring that effort to Armagh next week we won't be far away

shorona (Sligo) - Posts: 97 - 21/01/2018 21:31:46    2069744

Link