Galway Forum

FBD Galway vs Mayo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To galwayman2:  "It actually is of no relevance who the 4 semi finalists were.
Go through the 4 of them.
Corofin - nobody involved because they are in an AI quarter final.
Annaghdown - 2 players starting tonight, Burke on the bench and their best player (Comer obviously) to come back into the starting 15. So you're telling me there should be more of them involved??
Monivea - the only player they have who is county senior standard is in Australia now!
Mountbellew - they have one player who is good enough to start for Galway and he is injured (Mike Daly).
McHugh starts tonight. Who else seriously on that team is good enough for senior county football?
That's those 4.
Tuam have O Donnell on the team - Jamie Murphy is the only other lad who has the potential to play senior but that horse has bolted at this stage I'd say.
Other North teams - Milltown? Killererin? They have nobody up to the standard that's the bottom line.
It's a cyclical thing - North players will come back to the fore again but don't be harping on about being under represented when the calibre of player just isn't there right now.
I'm from North Galway myself by the way."
Gary Kelly, Williamstown, Lorcan Molloy Menlough, Michael Day Headford, Caelom Mulry....... none of these have been tried yet all serious footballers and from the North board

EDH (Galway) - Posts: 223 - 12/01/2018 21:14:53    2068045

Link

Galway to win the All-Ireland in 2018... serious team..serious footballers....

hoppingball (Galway) - Posts: 925 - 12/01/2018 21:59:10    2068059

Link

Replying To EDH:  "
Replying To galwayman2:  "It actually is of no relevance who the 4 semi finalists were.
Go through the 4 of them.
Corofin - nobody involved because they are in an AI quarter final.
Annaghdown - 2 players starting tonight, Burke on the bench and their best player (Comer obviously) to come back into the starting 15. So you're telling me there should be more of them involved??
Monivea - the only player they have who is county senior standard is in Australia now!
Mountbellew - they have one player who is good enough to start for Galway and he is injured (Mike Daly).
McHugh starts tonight. Who else seriously on that team is good enough for senior county football?
That's those 4.
Tuam have O Donnell on the team - Jamie Murphy is the only other lad who has the potential to play senior but that horse has bolted at this stage I'd say.
Other North teams - Milltown? Killererin? They have nobody up to the standard that's the bottom line.
It's a cyclical thing - North players will come back to the fore again but don't be harping on about being under represented when the calibre of player just isn't there right now.
I'm from North Galway myself by the way."
Gary Kelly, Williamstown, Lorcan Molloy Menlough, Michael Day Headford, Caelom Mulry....... none of these have been tried yet all serious footballers and from the North board"
come championship the north galway lads will be starting, our forward line prob will be 10 shane walsh,11 mike daly, 12 branigan 13 ian burke 14 comer 15 varley. dont think managment are leaving lads on or dropping lads on being from north or west clubs.

jj19 (Galway) - Posts: 390 - 12/01/2018 22:16:51    2068062

Link

walsh needs to be at 11 and maybe daly on the wing- he is a hard worker and tracker....walsh needs to be given the space and the ball as often as possible- got to give your best player possession not a running and tackling job

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 432 - 12/01/2018 22:57:18    2068070

Link

Lads, I wasn't at the game tonight as I was working until 10pm but I've spoken to some Mayo folk who were there and they've been very gracious (first time for everything) and complimentary of our lads tonight.

Gaillimh Abu

streaker (Galway) - Posts: 312 - 12/01/2018 22:59:52    2068071

Link

Great to get the win against mayo regardless of it only being FBD. Well done to our lads the conditions were horrific but they went out and did it for the county and held on for the win. It's on nights like this that you see just how much they would do for that jersey. I don't care what club any of them are from they wear the maroon jersey and deserve nothing but our support and respect.

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 730 - 12/01/2018 23:47:12    2068076

Link

Replying To streaker:  "Lads, I wasn't at the game tonight as I was working until 10pm but I've spoken to some Mayo folk who were there and they've been very gracious (first time for everything) and complimentary of our lads tonight.

Gaillimh Abu"
We are always gracious sure :) Galway deserved the win but also had more experience on the field. When you don't score for 33 minutes you don't deserve to win.

One of Ye would want to have a word the lad who runs the Galway footballers page though...you'd swear Ye won the all Ireland...see Ye in Pearce stadium in the league ;)

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9331 - 13/01/2018 09:40:36    2068096

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "We are always gracious sure :) Galway deserved the win but also had more experience on the field. When you don't score for 33 minutes you don't deserve to win.

One of Ye would want to have a word the lad who runs the Galway footballers page though...you'd swear Ye won the all Ireland...see Ye in Pearce stadium in the league ;)"
Will have a word with him/her all right when you have a word with the guy on the Mayo blog....... one of our players got plenty of abuse there.

GDL (Galway) - Posts: 260 - 13/01/2018 10:46:15    2068100

Link

Replying To GDL:  "Will have a word with him/her all right when you have a word with the guy on the Mayo blog....... one of our players got plenty of abuse there."
He did alright...sent off harshly in my opinion but when you swing an elbow back you leave yourself open for a sending off.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9331 - 13/01/2018 12:35:27    2068107

Link

From what i saw it was a full bodied game with no third given. KW will be happy with how some aspects of the defence played - Owen Kearns and Sean Andy seemed to be in sync with each other and that is great to see at such an early stage.

Not convinced about Duggan from Annaghdown on whether he is at that level but its no harm to freshen up the panel with some new blood.

AustinGleeson6 (Galway) - Posts: 223 - 13/01/2018 12:44:09    2068109

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "We are always gracious sure :) Galway deserved the win but also had more experience on the field. When you don't score for 33 minutes you don't deserve to win.

One of Ye would want to have a word the lad who runs the Galway footballers page though...you'd swear Ye won the all Ireland...see Ye in Pearce stadium in the league ;)"
Have a look at the tread 'Problem with Galway Football'. We're not with the lad that runs that page.

MTS (Galway) - Posts: 243 - 13/01/2018 13:24:27    2068110

Link

Look Comer retaliated and got sent off the ref was right, no big deal, hop ball

suckvalleypaddy (Galway) - Posts: 1052 - 13/01/2018 13:27:56    2068111

Link

Yeah Comer was dragged down but lost the head and swung back at his marker. Probably deserved the red.

Marooned (Galway) - Posts: 1511 - 13/01/2018 16:27:28    2068128

Link

Replying To MTS:  "Have a look at the tread 'Problem with Galway Football'. We're not with the lad that runs that page."
You see the same rubbish on the mayo Gaa banter page and hill 16 army from the Dublin side. Hundreds of comments by clueless clowns....very county has their fair share of ejeits

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9331 - 13/01/2018 16:36:07    2068130

Link

And the mayo blog

OhtobeARossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 1128 - 13/01/2018 17:01:51    2068133

Link

Can someone educate on how black, yellow and red cards accumulate for suspensions? Just wondering could Sean Andy get be walking a suspension tightrope after the black against Sligo and was it a double yellow against Mayo?

Do these preseason tournaments carry forward?

PS nice to see them get the win even of only fbd. More importantly very interested in how Mulkerins, Sean Andy and Cooke played. Any other new player put their hand up?

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 742 - 13/01/2018 23:17:11    2068177

Link

Replying To OhtobeARossie:  "And the mayo blog"
And don't mention stolen sheep the mental asylum...lets just agree every county has them

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9331 - 13/01/2018 23:26:11    2068180

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "And don't mention stolen sheep the mental asylum...lets just agree every county has them"
I'm not one for engaging in whataboutery on this one. The fella running that home page is an embarrassment to himself and Galway football.

He was putting up pic collages of the players who got sent off Friday night while the game was still going on. A very heightened sense of self importance.

FallenStar (Galway) - Posts: 76 - 14/01/2018 10:52:14    2068202

Link