Sligo Forum

Schools Football

(Oldest Posts First)

As our Schools are becoming very competitive in the province, I feel it deserves its own thread. The younger teams in Summerhill seem to be going well, Attractas senior team have a league final to look forward too in January and I know Coola are beginning to get great structures in place thanks to Ross Donovan. Ballymote, Easkey and Enniscrone seem to be competitive also. I was looking at the Championship draws for the senior teams earlier and I can't see Summerhill in any of the draws, does anyone know if they have pulled out?

NewSligofan (Sligo) - Posts: 96 - 19/12/2017 12:49:04    2065589

Link

Replying To NewSligofan:  "As our Schools are becoming very competitive in the province, I feel it deserves its own thread. The younger teams in Summerhill seem to be going well, Attractas senior team have a league final to look forward too in January and I know Coola are beginning to get great structures in place thanks to Ross Donovan. Ballymote, Easkey and Enniscrone seem to be competitive also. I was looking at the Championship draws for the senior teams earlier and I can't see Summerhill in any of the draws, does anyone know if they have pulled out?"
Summerhill extremely weak at Senior. In B grade at best. Not sure what grade of football Coola play in but I think Ballymote play in the D which is the bottom tier.

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 498 - 19/12/2017 17:26:03    2065623

Link

Summerhill lost the Prelim round Championship B game against Carrick-on-Shannon Community School by 4-13 to 2-7.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2166 - 23/12/2017 18:28:12    2065935

Link

Replying To The_analyser:  "Summerhill lost the Prelim round Championship B game against Carrick-on-Shannon Community School by 4-13 to 2-7."
Thank you. Very disappointing. Hopefully Attractas can finally make the breakthrough and bring back another A title to Sligo.

NewSligofan (Sligo) - Posts: 96 - 23/12/2017 22:29:18    2065950

Link