Westmeath Forum

Westmeath club hurling leagues.

(Oldest Posts First)

Hi, I've been on the Westmeath GAA website and information 're club league hurling is out of date(2014) and difficult to retrieve beyond division 1. Can anyone describe the standard levels of division 2 etc, the number of games each team gets and the timeline of the competition. Is it simply a spring competition or does it run through the summer?
Also how many competitive games can a club Hurler expect in a season in Westmeath at adult level? Thks

Tadhgmacda (Limerick) - 06/12/2017 12:49:06    2064535

Link

Replying To Tadhgmacda:  "Hi, I've been on the Westmeath GAA website and information 're club league hurling is out of date(2014) and difficult to retrieve beyond division 1. Can anyone describe the standard levels of division 2 etc, the number of games each team gets and the timeline of the competition. Is it simply a spring competition or does it run through the summer?
Also how many competitive games can a club Hurler expect in a season in Westmeath at adult level? Thks"
In my opinion, Div 2 is basically Intermediate teams with the exception of a couple, the standard would probably be like junior in Limerick (if that's where your from?). The competition ran from March/April and I think d final was played in June, this was the 1st year it was ran off properly as in other years games could be on in November so the hope is it continues like this. Eight teams in it so you'd have 7 games as teams only meet once. In next years championship in senior club there will only be 4 games in a group before the ko stages, Intermediate is different and each team has 7 games in a group and top 4 quality for the semis. You could have 15 or more games at Intermediate level and between 10 & 15 at senior level

stonemadbeany (USA) - 06/12/2017 13:45:50    2064545

Link