Galway Forum

Football squad 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Belclare1:  "Hopefully Dylan Wall will get a shot this year, he was fanatastic running with the ball yesterday and has a great skill set"
Yeah looked good. Pity he won't be available for the majority of the league as it would be a good opportunity to see if he can step up. Kieran Molloy also looks to have the potential but u never really know until they do it.

I was in 2 minds myself, wanting Corofin to win but a part of me wanted the players available for Galway as well. Anyway best of luck to them. they are a credit to Galway football.

Mayonman (Galway) - 27/11/2017 14:09:47    2063780

Link

Is Sean Andy training with the team, heard he's heading to the States again?

northbouind (Galway) - 28/11/2017 17:21:17    2063919

Link

Corofin's foot passing and short inter hand passing was superb. This is the style of play that Galway supporters love to see. Steede gave an exhibition of foot passing, and Dylan Wall has got lovely balance. These players now deserve serious game time at IC level and it would be fantastic if they can move up and match the intensity levels. Ian and Liam are playing consistently well. A great display overall.

Really (Galway) - 28/11/2017 20:11:52    2063932

Link

Corofin are a good allround team,,,,, Michael Lundy is a superb footballer.....

hoppingball (Galway) - 28/11/2017 23:56:18    2063952

Link

Replying To hoppingball:  "Corofin are a good allround team,,,,, Michael Lundy is a superb footballer....."
Lundy really has gone backwards at IC since Keegan pulled and dragged him in Salthill in 2015. It strikes me that Corofin have many brillant club footballers who unfortunately may not cut it at IC. Maybe it is the variance in styles between Corofin and Galway. For the league Ian Burke is a big loss. Certainly I would like to see Molloy and Wall given a chance.

kiloughter (Galway) - 29/11/2017 21:26:41    2064064

Link

Anyone hear Michael Daly had a bad leg injury playing for NUIG this week?

Triffic (Galway) - 01/12/2017 14:49:03    2064226

Link

Replying To northbouind:  "Is Sean Andy training with the team, heard he's heading to the States again?"
ya hes in training with them, I didn't hear anything about him heading away

galwayfootball1 (Galway) - 01/12/2017 21:26:36    2064251

Link

Replying To Triffic:  "Anyone hear Michael Daly had a bad leg injury playing for NUIG this week?"
I heard a report from the Mountbellew vs Corofin game. Heard plenty of names mentioned but no Micheal Daly. Does anyone know did he play?

SamandLiamSoon (Galway) - 04/12/2017 09:43:24    2064359

Link

Replying To SamandLiamSoon:  "I heard a report from the Mountbellew vs Corofin game. Heard plenty of names mentioned but no Micheal Daly. Does anyone know did he play?"
Michael Daly didn't play, he was dragging his leg that got injured playing for NUIG. They probably played better without him as a team as can take a lot of the ball at times. More worrying for the M&M's was the fact that John Daly went down with what looked like a serious knee injury late in the second half-hopefully not a repeat of the Cruciate injury from the North Final last year.

EDH (Galway) - 04/12/2017 18:49:04    2064408

Link

Replying To EDH:  "Michael Daly didn't play, he was dragging his leg that got injured playing for NUIG. They probably played better without him as a team as can take a lot of the ball at times. More worrying for the M&M's was the fact that John Daly went down with what looked like a serious knee injury late in the second half-hopefully not a repeat of the Cruciate injury from the North Final last year."
EDH agree with you re Michael Daly, M/M sometimes go through him too much , and they have a lot of fine players, was very impresssed with them Saturday. Thought Eoin Finnerty was outstanding, Colin Ryan also, Moran good too.
John Daly twisted his knee , but not the one he injured previously.
needless/heedless red card for Dylan Wall.
Expect M/M to beat Claregalway normally but with two Dalys out will be a tight affair.

juniorblegend (Kerry) - 05/12/2017 10:06:21    2064446

Link

Any news on new faces in the squad? Coaches, selectors...... any changes?

Good to hear Sean Andy is in. He looks a real talent.

Someone said Mulquerrins is in. He is just out of minor so might be a bit much to expect a lot from him this year. But another very talented player. Hopefully he will develop to a top senior.

A long with Sean Andy they would bolster any team.

Anyway......I will try to dampen my excitement......it's not like we have had great young lads before!!

Looking forward to league already.

Mayonman (Galway) - 05/12/2017 12:27:19    2064455

Link

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/walsh-enlists-sigerson-hero-tally-to-boost-galway-setup-36389124.html

Don't know anything about Tally but good to see he is shaking things up. Sean Andy & Mulkerrins are in but Cummins, Daly, GO'D & Fiontain out probably for whole league.

Also a new S&C man, Keith Carr. This slightly worries me as it is something that you build over years so continuity is important but if the last S&C team have recorder all the data etc new guy should be able to pick up reasonable ok. Don't know anything about Carr or his pedigree either!

Anyone know anything about the above 2 new additions??

Mayonman (Galway) - 08/12/2017 08:47:02    2064652

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/walsh-enlists-sigerson-hero-tally-to-boost-galway-setup-36389124.html

Don't know anything about Tally but good to see he is shaking things up. Sean Andy & Mulkerrins are in but Cummins, Daly, GO'D & Fiontain out probably for whole league.

Also a new S&C man, Keith Carr. This slightly worries me as it is something that you build over years so continuity is important but if the last S&C team have recorder all the data etc new guy should be able to pick up reasonable ok. Don't know anything about Carr or his pedigree either!

Anyone know anything about the above 2 new additions??"
With the Corofin lads likely gone for a lot of the league and GOD, Daly, FOC and Cummins out that is quite a few unavailable for our first year in division 1 for a while. All teams will be depleted of course so we have to make the most of it. On the positive side it's a great chance for guys to put their hand up and make a name for themselves and nail down a championship place!

Rocky.Road (Galway) - 08/12/2017 12:01:45    2064660

Link

Replying To Rocky.Road:  "With the Corofin lads likely gone for a lot of the league and GOD, Daly, FOC and Cummins out that is quite a few unavailable for our first year in division 1 for a while. All teams will be depleted of course so we have to make the most of it. On the positive side it's a great chance for guys to put their hand up and make a name for themselves and nail down a championship place!"
Yea definitely big chance for guys.

Very interested in the pedigree of the new coach. Definitely an area we have been seriously lacking in. What type of football did his previous teams play and were they successful?

It is on the face of it a cause for optimism as if we didn't change something we could hardly expect performances to change.

Mayonman (Galway) - 08/12/2017 13:36:08    2064668

Link

Paddy Tally has a fair deal of pedigree, im fairly surprised he has come on board with us but am delighted as well as i believe a shake up was badly needed. Tally was part of Mickey Hartes backroom team in 2003 when Tyrone won Sam. He was part of Downs back room in 2010 when they got to the All Ire final. He led underdogs St Marys to Sigerson sucess last year and was been chased by numerous counties and we got him..

Belclare1 (Galway) - 09/12/2017 10:38:00    2064729

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Paddy Tally has a fair deal of pedigree, im fairly surprised he has come on board with us but am delighted as well as i believe a shake up was badly needed. Tally was part of Mickey Hartes backroom team in 2003 when Tyrone won Sam. He was part of Downs back room in 2010 when they got to the All Ire final. He led underdogs St Marys to Sigerson sucess last year and was been chased by numerous counties and we got him.."
Great! Bring on D1:-)

Mayonman (Galway) - 11/12/2017 11:22:02    2064822

Link