Carlow Forum

Minor hurling final in november

(Oldest Posts First)

Haven't posted in a long time, but can't let this one go. County team gone in early April, 8 clubs (several walkovers) and we ve a final in the first week of November. How is this doing anything for hurling in the county? How is this encouraging lads to hurl? My own club went 7 weeks without a championship game in this -
we gave a walkover in last game as it meant 0 in terms of placement or semi draw. Absolutely crazy. A semi final on one side of draw fixed before even a q final on the other was played. A q final and a semi final played on Tuesday nights under lights - no regard for lads away in college. November lads. November.
To expand it - we had an intermediate final played under lights mid week too - great respect again shown to those working who both play and want to attend.
An u21 semi played in late October with a final to be fixed. The other semi was played in August. 2 months ago.
Senior hurling - our own lads pointed out that we played 4 group games. 3 were played of working days - Mon/Fri and 2.5 were played under lights. I may verify this 100% but I don't doubt them. Again, where's the regard for the player or the game??

Despite the rise of 2 new hurling clubs in recent years, we ll see a sharp demise of hurling in the county unless issues like these are addressed going forward. I m all for both codes working equally but this doesn't seem to be happening in terms of fixtures etc. V hard keep lads involved if this is allowed continue.

old yellar (None) - 31/10/2017 08:01:29    2059205

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "Haven't posted in a long time, but can't let this one go. County team gone in early April, 8 clubs (several walkovers) and we ve a final in the first week of November. How is this doing anything for hurling in the county? How is this encouraging lads to hurl? My own club went 7 weeks without a championship game in this -
we gave a walkover in last game as it meant 0 in terms of placement or semi draw. Absolutely crazy. A semi final on one side of draw fixed before even a q final on the other was played. A q final and a semi final played on Tuesday nights under lights - no regard for lads away in college. November lads. November.
To expand it - we had an intermediate final played under lights mid week too - great respect again shown to those working who both play and want to attend.
An u21 semi played in late October with a final to be fixed. The other semi was played in August. 2 months ago.
Senior hurling - our own lads pointed out that we played 4 group games. 3 were played of working days - Mon/Fri and 2.5 were played under lights. I may verify this 100% but I don't doubt them. Again, where's the regard for the player or the game??

Despite the rise of 2 new hurling clubs in recent years, we ll see a sharp demise of hurling in the county unless issues like these are addressed going forward. I m all for both codes working equally but this doesn't seem to be happening in terms of fixtures etc. V hard keep lads involved if this is allowed continue."
Your spot on Old Yellar, they can rave on about #Carlowrising rubbish all they like but they cant get competitions organised properly which should be their priorty. Erins Own and MLR was fixed for last Tues night in the Training centre and then was moved to a football pitch with long grass and poor hurling lights 24hours before hand not too mention the weather conditions were brutal. We have some smashing hurlers on both teams on view next Saturday but unfortunately conditions, pitch etc.. wont allow for nice hurling id imagine....

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - 31/10/2017 11:03:20    2059243

Link

Speaking of #carlowrising I ve noticed that they are very good at putting out their own spin but don't eBen respond to genuine questions. A couple of times I have had to tweet the opposition Co board to get very basic information

Bimb (Carlow) - 31/10/2017 16:51:39    2059337

Link

Replying To Bimb:  "Speaking of #carlowrising I ve noticed that they are very good at putting out their own spin but don't eBen respond to genuine questions. A couple of times I have had to tweet the opposition Co board to get very basic information"
You re lucky they didn't block you so!! I know 2/3 who criticized them on twitter and were blocked!!

old yellar (None) - 31/10/2017 17:08:34    2059341

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "You re lucky they didn't block you so!! I know 2/3 who criticized them on twitter and were blocked!!"
They asked me in facebook wat I did for the county!

Bimb (Carlow) - 31/10/2017 19:37:13    2059366

Link

Replying To Bimb:  "They asked me in facebook wat I did for the county!"
I sent a message and never got a reply. So at least you got that!

old yellar (None) - 31/10/2017 20:01:49    2059375

Link

Great win for B'killen and a great double.

How many of this group achieved the double double this year, U16 * 2 & U18 * 2?

moll (Carlow) - 05/11/2017 18:15:09    2060635

Link

What I would love to know is how bigger counties manage it and we can't, some counties play championships for each year so 10s11s12s13s14s etc, we only work in two's and still find it hard to get our games finished. I'm not sure I'd entirely blame the county board as some clubs are particularly bad at looking for games to be moved and this can mess up fixtures down the line.

Agree with other posts re Carlowrising

Barrowsider (Carlow) - 05/11/2017 20:10:58    2060652

Link

I dunno about underage from minor down tbh. I do feel that hurling isn't getting a fair crack of the whip with things anyway. I thing the proof of that is in the way games have been played this year.

old yellar (None) - 06/11/2017 13:41:06    2060770

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "Haven't posted in a long time, but can't let this one go. County team gone in early April, 8 clubs (several walkovers) and we ve a final in the first week of November. How is this doing anything for hurling in the county? How is this encouraging lads to hurl? My own club went 7 weeks without a championship game in this -

Despite the rise of 2 new hurling clubs in recent years, we ll see a sharp demise of hurling in the county unless issues like these are addressed going forward. I m all for both codes working equally but this doesn't seem to be happening in terms of fixtures etc. V hard keep lads involved if this is allowed continue."
You may seek a post at convention and sort out some of the dross in there.

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - 07/11/2017 11:45:24    2060963

Link