Donegal Forum

New Donegal Manager

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Looking forward to a new era tomorrow.. I really do think the players are there to challenge again for Sam..I have telling my Dublin friends that I think Donegal will win All Ireland in the next three years..and they looked at me like I have 3 heads.
But any team that has Michael Murphy Paddy mcbrearty Ryan McHugh Neil mcgee Oran Mcneillis C Thompson paddy McGrath to name just a few should be aiming to challenge again..Ps I heard Donegal played a challenge game against Armagh.
Anybody hear any word on this..?

RoryGall35 (Donegal) - Posts: 13 - 02/01/2018 16:35:27    2066502

Link

Replying To culmore:  "Young Merritt from Milford should make the break through and get a permanent position in the defence this year. Funny how Milford the Intermediate Champions and a Division 1 team has only one player on panel and others like Gweedore has up to six players on the panel , both teams about same standard , with Milford beating Gweedore in both League and Gaeltacht in Gweedore in recent times"
i would say Culmore you had a few two many of the festive cheer spitits in you when you posted, lol In my own opinion no milford player is county senior standard, but you never know Bonner might get it out of young Merrit,he probably has the most capability in the milford squad..

PastandPresent (Donegal) - Posts: 340 - 02/01/2018 16:49:47    2066505

Link

It is a pity that Declan Walsh was unable to join the panel a man that never let the side down when called upon.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 417 - 02/01/2018 20:19:47    2066522

Link

Disappointing news regarding Declan Walsh. Would have been a very useful addition had he been able to return to the squad. Heard Caolan Mcgonagle is back in the squad too. Wonder will Declan give give Shaun Patton any game time in the McKenna Cup? One of the most surprising omissions for me this year is Danny Rodgers. Honestly thought he would be the man between the sticks in the years to come.

HandballRef (Donegal) - Posts: 427 - 02/01/2018 21:35:18    2066527

Link