USA Forum

Club A and B team in the same competition

(Oldest Posts First)

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the regulations are, if any, regarding a club entering a second team in the same League and Championship competition.
Our city Intermediate competition in struggling, and there's talk of ending the competition.
We have an entire 2nd squad, and no particular desire to split off to into a brand new club. So are looking into the option of entering them as a 2nd team in the senior competition.
Would they need to be completely separate squads, with no player movement between them?
Can a club technically have an A and B team competing against each other?
Any insight anyone has would be much appreciated!

kpb (USA) - 25/08/2017 18:42:37    2037697

Link

That is just a stupid question you asked

bealamena (Sligo) - 12/10/2017 18:45:42    2054916

Link

Replying To kpb:  "Hi all,

I'm wondering what the regulations are, if any, regarding a club entering a second team in the same League and Championship competition.
Our city Intermediate competition in struggling, and there's talk of ending the competition.
We have an entire 2nd squad, and no particular desire to split off to into a brand new club. So are looking into the option of entering them as a 2nd team in the senior competition.
Would they need to be completely separate squads, with no player movement between them?
Can a club technically have an A and B team competing against each other?
Any insight anyone has would be much appreciated!"
I doubt you expected unhelpful "advice" such as "bealamena" threw your way. The world allows for all kinds.

At inter-county level, I do know a county can enter only one team in a championship grade. However, Central Council may make exception if they consider the further entry is for development purposes.

May I suggest your club puts the query to your county board secretary and they ask Croke Park for advice and for the Rule (if one).

Slán 's beannacht.

ballagoballa (UK) - 13/10/2017 10:16:33    2054994

Link