Fermanagh Forum

Games 19th - 21st October 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Referee standards where poor at both matches on sunday. But the players actions towards the officials was very poor. Frustrating i know it is to be on the receiving end of poor ref decisions but every time tempo where awarded a free kick the roslea players surrounded the ref arguing with him which slowed the game down more. also tempo are very good at tactical fouling which went unpunished throughout mostly.

in the 2nd game the skea player tried to attack the linesman and had to be restrained when he got sent of. and the sending of was the correct decision for his actions. bad the standard a refereeing was on sunday bt a poor ref is something u have to deal with on the field

manowar (Fermanagh) - Posts: 147 - 23/10/2012 11:26:46    1286949

Link

A lot of focus on standard of both referees. There were several reds card in the 2nd game were there not? Did the St Joes players deserve their marching orders?

shamrockhoops (Fermanagh) - Posts: 22 - 23/10/2012 12:24:46    1286980

Link

IrvinestownMkII

I have to laugh at your predictions, and then your shock when a result doesnt come in. Im not a big Hurling man, but know a few lads that play for Lisbellaw. Can you explain your prediction and then shock after Lisbellaw won on Sunday? The team Lisbellaw played also play in the Armagh Hurling League. Both sides played eachother twice and Lisbellaw lost both games by 1 point and could have went either way by all accounts!!

You say it was a SHOCK they won, but a shock to who? These lads were very confident of getting a result and did so. With only 20mins gone, the game was over as Lisbellaw were awesome.... Theres no other word for it.

Maybe you and many others need to go and watch these guys play this sunday, im sure you'll see the quality they have as i did last week. Hurling definitely is the poor relation in this County and thats is seen at County Board level. But lets think of what was acheived this year - NHL League winners, Lory Meagher Runners up not a bad start, but to follow this through with Lisbellaw reaching the Intermediate Hurling Club final is the icing on the cake..... Long may the success continue and maybe people like IrvinestownMkII will stand up and take notice!!!

Ferm4Sam (Fermanagh) - Posts: 161 - 23/10/2012 14:05:01    1287056

Link

Not only hurling friends
But camogie, handball and rounders

Fermanagh appears to be a one dimensional county
Look around you at the neighbouring counties and see how most clubs are multifacetted - we are failing miserably in this respect

high.catch (UK) - Posts: 153 - 23/10/2012 14:44:34    1287086

Link

Some say that I 'sit-on-fence' but I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that L'skea will take the league title. The reason behind my thinking lies in the fact that Tempo has largley remained unchallenged and their passage to final this year have been more circumstantial as opposed to them meriting it. Roslea did give Tempo a scare although it unfortunately came too late in the game otherwise the scoreboard could have read differently. St Joseph's never seem to come out well when it comes o finals and inspite of what gussie says it's not the fault of management but it's more down to the players who lacked the wisdom to make the best of opportunities presented to them.

GalloonBaffoon (Fermanagh) - Posts: 104 - 23/10/2012 17:59:39    1287212

Link

Is there a specific programme in place to refresh/train referees and who heads it up?

IrvinestownMkII (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1383 - 24/10/2012 13:56:09    1287561

Link

I feel Tempo will win the league final. 'Skea are without their main man Kille and will find it hard enough to get scores against a fairly well organised Tempo team. Roslea did get very close to Tempo in the end, but in fairness, largely due to the referee. Ref was very poor and lost control of the game in the end up and i'm disappointed that this is all what the Fermanagh county board can come up with for a county semi-final. I don't think 'Skea will get as much of a beating in the league final as they did in the championship final but i still believe tempo will have too much for them. Although club football is unpredictable and I could be very wrong, guess we'll wait and see.

Fermanagh_gael (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1 - 24/10/2012 17:28:38    1287744

Link

Fermanagh_gael must think that tempo as great but has he asked himself if the county man on that team was sent off in the forthcoming final then skea v tempo would be well matched. i hope skea use the right tactics and make sure to weaken tempo's chances of getting a double.

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1233 - 26/10/2012 10:22:03    1288534

Link

I hope Erneboy that they don't employ the tactics that Erne Gaels used in the semi final of the championship! They worked really well but hopefully our new manager has a bit more playing and managerial experience than the last one......

bigjoe123 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 33 - 26/10/2012 21:54:51    1288863

Link