Donegal Forum

Ulster All Stars

(Oldest Posts First)

Have any of you seen the Performs Sports team of the Ulster championship.There are 7 Donegal players on it viz Patton,McGrath,McHugh ,McFadden,Brennan,Murphy and McBrearty..This is based on Key Performance Indicators.Each player is given a PSR ie Performa Sports Rating. which were
Murphy 42
McFadden 41
McHugh 36
McBrearty 32
Brennan 31
Patton 27
McGrath 27
Hugh McFadden had a PSR of 49 in the Ulster Final which was the highest of any player.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 586 - 09/08/2019 12:18:07    2222994

Link

Listening to off the ball today. Rochford spoke well and didn't rule out coming back next year. He almost completely ruled out managing next year. So he seems happy enough. Hopefully now he commits soon.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 671 - 09/08/2019 19:21:03    2223170

Link

Sorry posted in wrong topic. Stupid me

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 671 - 09/08/2019 19:38:55    2223176

Link

Replying To gunman:  "Have any of you seen the Performs Sports team of the Ulster championship.There are 7 Donegal players on it viz Patton,McGrath,McHugh ,McFadden,Brennan,Murphy and McBrearty..This is based on Key Performance Indicators.Each player is given a PSR ie Performa Sports Rating. which were
Murphy 42
McFadden 41
McHugh 36
McBrearty 32
Brennan 31
Patton 27
McGrath 27
Hugh McFadden had a PSR of 49 in the Ulster Final which was the highest of any player."
It's in interesting to read these stats. It highlights murphy as best player in ulster this year so stats back up what would be a fairly commenly held view. It highlights Hugh mcfaddens development. Last year he wasn't on the equivalent team and this years his stats have him in second position. He gave the ball away only twice. Now you could argue that his passes are safe ones though what is very evident to me is that Hugh is big and strong, rides tackles and can help slow and control the game when that needs to happen. He probably got a bit to macho against mayo though overall he's a really important player for donegal. I'd prefer to see him as a defensive minded midfielder rather than sweeper position he takes up but not sure we have had better alternatives in the last two years.

Donegal had more players on the equivalent team last year and I guess that's partially because we had less difficult matches in ulster last year.
I suppose, not surprisingly the younger players are not showing up though if donegal are to get to the next level it needs the likes of mcmenamin, omff, obaoill, Jason mcgee, langan, nod even ban to be showing up.

Ulsterchamps_32 (Donegal) - Posts: 217 - 10/08/2019 09:42:32    2223279

Link

Replying To gunman:  "Have any of you seen the Performs Sports team of the Ulster championship.There are 7 Donegal players on it viz Patton,McGrath,McHugh ,McFadden,Brennan,Murphy and McBrearty..This is based on Key Performance Indicators.Each player is given a PSR ie Performa Sports Rating. which were
Murphy 42
McFadden 41
McHugh 36
McBrearty 32
Brennan 31
Patton 27
McGrath 27
Hugh McFadden had a PSR of 49 in the Ulster Final which was the highest of any player."
What is this? A site? APP? How are players measured?

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 377 - 10/08/2019 13:25:40    2223355

Link

Replying To TheRock2121:  "What is this? A site? APP? How are players measured?"
What it says is that the Performa Sports Rating(PSR) is based on key performance indicators KPI including kickouts,attacks,shots from play,scorable frees,tackles,fouls,bookings assists and possesssions won and lost.If ypu can get your hands on Wednesdays Irish News there is a full page and a bit about each player.I am sure these are the kind of stats that management teams study.

gunman (Donegal) - Posts: 586 - 10/08/2019 15:17:58    2223392

Link

Replying To gunman:  "What it says is that the Performa Sports Rating(PSR) is based on key performance indicators KPI including kickouts,attacks,shots from play,scorable frees,tackles,fouls,bookings assists and possesssions won and lost.If ypu can get your hands on Wednesdays Irish News there is a full page and a bit about each player.I am sure these are the kind of stats that management teams study."
Numerous club teams in Donegal have been using Performa Sports services in the last number of years, and a number of our inter-county set-ups have also utilised it. Gweedore have been using it for the last number of years.

They provide level 3 qualifications in using their software in Belfast and how to use it for effectiveness. Lots of top names have completed this course and are big advocates, including Karl Lacey.

Their KPI algorithms are very accurate normally, and looking at their own team of the tournament, I'd say that they have the best 15 players included, and that yes Michael Murphy and Hugh McFadden deserve to be considered the two best players in the Ulster Championship this year.

SurelyToGod (Donegal) - Posts: 75 - 12/08/2019 13:14:35    2224619

Link