Donegal Forum

2019 Review

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Yeah and hopefully the weather will have improved. It's been terrible lately. I'll be dusting off the boots for a reserve championship appearance myself hopefully! Doubt Rochford will be at our match though! :P"
Never say never. Anyways I for one am confident he will be staying on now it has been announced. Like I said any moves would have been done already despite Walsh just making his leaving official.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2118 - 04/09/2019 18:39:36    2232838

Link

Strong rumours tonight that Rochford is taking the Galway job. Be a shame if true.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2118 - 14/09/2019 23:16:34    2235393

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Strong rumours tonight that Rochford is taking the Galway job. Be a shame if true."
Yea heard that this evening, one of the Galway newspapers is reporting that he'll be appointed in the next day or two. Disappointing news for the whole donegal set up if true. If it is it'll be interesting to see who Bonner goes after. Surprised that Rochford wasn't asked about it on the Sunday game yesterday but maybe thinking back now he told them not to mention it.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 671 - 15/09/2019 07:36:46    2235451

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Strong rumours tonight that Rochford is taking the Galway job. Be a shame if true."
Where? Hopefully not

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 377 - 15/09/2019 08:03:58    2235452

Link

Be a shame if Rochford leaves us. It sounded like he was going to stay but Galway would an attractive job, they have some good players. We will just have to wait and see what happens this week. I know this is a bit of a wild card but would Jim McGuinness be available?

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1556 - 15/09/2019 11:06:13    2235503

Link

Replying To Green_Gold:  "Be a shame if Rochford leaves us. It sounded like he was going to stay but Galway would an attractive job, they have some good players. We will just have to wait and see what happens this week. I know this is a bit of a wild card but would Jim McGuinness be available?"
Would not be a bad replacement. However I am sure Jim will still have ambitions to do the soccer thing.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2118 - 15/09/2019 11:35:28    2235515

Link

Replying To TheRock2121:  "Where? Hopefully not"
As rorys said was been reported by some of the local press outlets in Galway then social media last night. Disappointing if true. However only a couple of days ago Padraig Joyce appointment was done deal.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2118 - 15/09/2019 11:38:16    2235517

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Yea heard that this evening, one of the Galway newspapers is reporting that he'll be appointed in the next day or two. Disappointing news for the whole donegal set up if true. If it is it'll be interesting to see who Bonner goes after. Surprised that Rochford wasn't asked about it on the Sunday game yesterday but maybe thinking back now he told them not to mention it."
Yes be disappointing alright. Joanne Cantwell did comment that he raised an eye when pundits were alluding to Kerry been the main challenge to Dublin over the next few years referring to him as Donegal selector. Maybe she was being mischievous. Goes against sound bytes from Rochford since Mayo game. Plus Joyce was done deal couple of days ago so make of that what you will. Like you said be interesting to see who they go for if he goes. Apparently Donie Buckley was the top choice and then when he became unavailable they got Rochford.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2118 - 15/09/2019 11:45:07    2235522

Link

Irish Examiner reporting this morning that the story is bulls**t so guess will have to wait and see how it plays out. Personally I was surprised when I heard it. Firstly because he stated himself he has no interest in taking up a senior management role in the immediate future. Plus he was enjoying working with Donegal. There is also the issue of the Galway county board's mismanagement of finances. If there was any doubt Bonner would not have released to press that management team will stay the same. Galway is a very attractive job imo but alot of work needed. They went ultra defensive because of a leaky backline so that will need to be addressed esp the full backline. Still they have talent in abundance esp forwards.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2118 - 15/09/2019 11:58:10    2235531

Link