Donegal Forum

Club Leagues 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Looks like Buncrana are more or less gone from Division 2 after losing to Glen in the Scarvey. Four Masters have a real battle on their hands to stay up now. Hard to believe a big club like themselves have fallen so quickly. Still a chance of Glen going down with a few very tough games to play before the year is out

DL_Man (Donegal) - Posts: 23 - 16/08/2019 13:09:34    2226387

Link

Buncrana have to go to dungloe tonight and glen on Sunday I'd fancy glen to to stay up as they have gotten a few players back at the right time it's hard to see four masters staying up tough run in and won't be easy without a manager termon could still be in bother if glen win sunday

longball33 (Donegal) - Posts: 23 - 16/08/2019 16:48:58    2226493

Link

No major news in Division One.

Buncrana & Four Masters relegated from Division Two, and Ardara promoted. The other slot is going to be some battle.

Naomh Muire Íochtar na Rosann in huge trouble in 3, after losing to the other St Mary's. Very hard to call the other slot between Naomh Colmcille & Naomh Ultan. Malin drew so it looks like Burt & Downings will go up.

Goitse (Donegal) - Posts: 31 - 18/08/2019 18:38:06    2227157

Link

Replying To Goitse:  "No major news in Division One.

Buncrana & Four Masters relegated from Division Two, and Ardara promoted. The other slot is going to be some battle.

Naomh Muire Íochtar na Rosann in huge trouble in 3, after losing to the other St Mary's. Very hard to call the other slot between Naomh Colmcille & Naomh Ultan. Malin drew so it looks like Burt & Downings will go up."
Nauls and Aodh Ruadh this weekend is going to be a massive game. Killybegs will be fancying their chances with games against Glen and Termon to finish the year

DL_Man (Donegal) - Posts: 23 - 19/08/2019 13:49:00    2227494

Link

Replying To DL_Man:  "Nauls and Aodh Ruadh this weekend is going to be a massive game. Killybegs will be fancying their chances with games against Glen and Termon to finish the year"
Glen at home and Termon away are two tricky games.

Killybegs won't be fancying anything.

Samsforthehills (Donegal) - Posts: 1009 - 19/08/2019 18:19:19    2227637

Link

Replying To DL_Man:  "Nauls and Aodh Ruadh this weekend is going to be a massive game. Killybegs will be fancying their chances with games against Glen and Termon to finish the year"
Home banker for nauls as too many of aodh ruadh lads won't fancy a battle

totalrecall (Leitrim) - Posts: 448 - 20/08/2019 22:20:24    2228035

Link

Replying To totalrecall:  "Home banker for nauls as too many of aodh ruadh lads won't fancy a battle"
I'd say u were some player back in the day, in our own mind anyway.

HEREBENJI (Donegal) - Posts: 371 - 21/08/2019 10:58:50    2228121

Link

Replying To Goitse:  "No major news in Division One.

Naomh Muire Íochtar na Rosann in huge trouble in 3, after losing to the other St Mary's. Very hard to call the other slot between Naomh Colmcille & Naomh Ultan. Malin drew so it looks like Burt & Downings will go up."
Big result for Naomh Ultan on Wednesday night against Burt. They're in a good position to stay up now.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 6521 - 23/08/2019 13:05:28    2228756

Link

A draw between Glenfin and Glen sees Four Masters officially down. Surely they'll come right back up again like Killybegs did last year. Could this be a good wake up call for them?

DL_Man (Donegal) - Posts: 23 - 24/08/2019 10:29:45    2228974

Link

Replying To HEREBENJI:  "I'd say u were some player back in the day, in our own mind anyway."
Just expressing an opinion, last time I checked it was a Free country.....

totalrecall (Leitrim) - Posts: 448 - 24/08/2019 23:48:50    2229081

Link

A bit of drama today above in gweedore, ref no show. That means Mccools are relegated. In division 2 St Nauls and Ballyshannon drew giving Killybegs a great shot at promotion

crnm (Donegal) - Posts: 79 - 25/08/2019 21:39:25    2229245

Link

Was At the Naomh Conaill V Bundoran game yesterday and was very impress with Bundoran yesterday very deservant winners and played with so much hunger. They won't be a walk over come championship and i really wouldn't want to play them.

One note I would like to make is how does Robbie O'Donnell still get senior games? I'm not using this as an excuse for us losing because he was so poor for both teams and its effects the flow of the games and how they are played. I really think he should be a reserve ref at this stage or even an u-10's ref for all I care.

naomh_conaill_4 (Donegal) - Posts: 306 - 26/08/2019 11:01:03    2229345

Link

Replying To naomh_conaill_4:  "Was At the Naomh Conaill V Bundoran game yesterday and was very impress with Bundoran yesterday very deservant winners and played with so much hunger. They won't be a walk over come championship and i really wouldn't want to play them.

One note I would like to make is how does Robbie O'Donnell still get senior games? I'm not using this as an excuse for us losing because he was so poor for both teams and its effects the flow of the games and how they are played. I really think he should be a reserve ref at this stage or even an u-10's ref for all I care."
He is a terrible referee and has been for a long time.

Samsforthehills (Donegal) - Posts: 1009 - 27/08/2019 11:30:17    2229727

Link

Well done to Killybegs on promotion to division 1. Reading the Report on the democrate web page, it mustn't of been easy for the sports editor to write it up with him being a Ballyshannon man

crnm (Donegal) - Posts: 79 - 01/09/2019 13:05:09    2231155

Link

Replying To crnm:  "Well done to Killybegs on promotion to division 1. Reading the Report on the democrate web page, it mustn't of been easy for the sports editor to write it up with him being a Ballyshannon man"
I whole hardly agree with that statement and u could add Jimmy White to that as well ,and why Naomh Conaill never object to them both is a mystery ,as they have both lost them so many games it's beyond belief ,let's hope they r not involved in the championship senior anyway ,Congrats to Cork winning minor All Ireland although I also like Galway .It's just my Brother lives in Cork ,now let's enjoy the senior ,can Kerry keep their four in a row record ,they will have to play some mighty football to keep the Dub,s from smashing it ,but Kerry is always Kerry if u get what I mean .

gaanervous (Donegal) - Posts: 140 - 01/09/2019 15:18:26    2231196

Link

Replying To gaanervous:  "I whole hardly agree with that statement and u could add Jimmy White to that as well ,and why Naomh Conaill never object to them both is a mystery ,as they have both lost them so many games it's beyond belief ,let's hope they r not involved in the championship senior anyway ,Congrats to Cork winning minor All Ireland although I also like Galway .It's just my Brother lives in Cork ,now let's enjoy the senior ,can Kerry keep their four in a row record ,they will have to play some mighty football to keep the Dub,s from smashing it ,but Kerry is always Kerry if u get what I mean ."
Was at the ballyshannon vs Ardara game yesterday , I thought he(robbie O'Donnell) had a good game

Donegal007 (Donegal) - Posts: 4 - 01/09/2019 21:12:08    2231533

Link

Replying To Donegal007:  "Was at the ballyshannon vs Ardara game yesterday , I thought he(robbie O'Donnell) had a good game"
Great first post Robert.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 408 - 02/09/2019 09:31:03    2231716

Link