Donegal Forum

Paddy McBrearty

(Oldest Posts First)

I think Paddy mcb is finally realising his full potential now and is the best scoring full forward in the whole of the country now. Anyone else agree with me

RoryGall35 (Donegal) - Posts: 8 - 29/10/2017 22:01:19    2059037

Link

I have been watching Kilcar now for the best part of 50 years & the second quarter yesterday was as good as anything I have ever seen.

You have to do something special to get a standing ovation at half time but that is what Kilcar go as they left the field & if they had wanted to they could have added to it in the second half but in true Donegal fashion they put up the shutters & saw the game out restricting Scotstown to 0-3 in the last 45 minutes of the game.

Yes, Patrick was brilliant but this was a team performance, defensively they were very tight & have conceded only 1-18 in their last 4 games, that is an average of just over 0-5 points a game & that is the bedrock upon which the forwards do their stuff.

A huge challenge awaits in two weeks time against a superb Slaughtneil team but for the moment I am a very happy Kilcar man.

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 4453 - 30/10/2017 08:35:02    2059058

Link

Replying To MuckrossHead:  "I have been watching Kilcar now for the best part of 50 years & the second quarter yesterday was as good as anything I have ever seen.

You have to do something special to get a standing ovation at half time but that is what Kilcar go as they left the field & if they had wanted to they could have added to it in the second half but in true Donegal fashion they put up the shutters & saw the game out restricting Scotstown to 0-3 in the last 45 minutes of the game.

Yes, Patrick was brilliant but this was a team performance, defensively they were very tight & have conceded only 1-18 in their last 4 games, that is an average of just over 0-5 points a game & that is the bedrock upon which the forwards do their stuff.

A huge challenge awaits in two weeks time against a superb Slaughtneil team but for the moment I am a very happy Kilcar man."
I really hope yous do it Muckrosshead. I think yous have a great chance. In Paddy and Ryan yous have two of the best players in Ireland at the moment. As a Donegal fan it excite me for the future. Add in MM and the returning mcneillis and mcloone I think we have serious talent in the forward line. Also I am hearing great things about Ciaran McGinley at midfield for Kilcar. Is he potentially Big Neil replacement. I hope he is. The best of luck against the Derry champions now. I think yous can do it.

RoryGall35 (Donegal) - Posts: 8 - 30/10/2017 10:24:52    2059070

Link

And what about the form of M McHugh? Heard he's playing the best in years? Will McGinley make an impact in the county seen. Would like to see him and Mark get more game time in the league but would like also to see Kilcar go on a run.

EP (Donegal) - Posts: 63 - 30/10/2017 13:32:58    2059101

Link

And what about the form of M McHugh? Heard he's playing the best in years? Will McGinley make an impact in the county seen. Would like to see him and Mark get more game time in the league but would like also to see Kilcar go on a run.

EP (Donegal) - Posts: 63 - 30/10/2017 13:33:08    2059102

Link

Replying To RoryGall35:  "I really hope yous do it Muckrosshead. I think yous have a great chance. In Paddy and Ryan yous have two of the best players in Ireland at the moment. As a Donegal fan it excite me for the future. Add in MM and the returning mcneillis and mcloone I think we have serious talent in the forward line. Also I am hearing great things about Ciaran McGinley at midfield for Kilcar. Is he potentially Big Neil replacement. I hope he is. The best of luck against the Derry champions now. I think yous can do it."
I don't see Ciaran McGinley as a replacement for Neil Gallagher. In my view Neil is irreplaceable & to try and compare anyone to him is impossible.

That said Ciaran is playing great football at the moment. He is a big man, is very strongly built & best of all is very mobile & breaks tackles very well. He is well worth a run in a Donegal side that is lacking in physicality but we won't really know until he steps up to county level & plays at that level just how good he is.

As for Mark McHugh, he is playing the best football of his life & I am excited at the thought of him back in the Donegal half back line sweeping like he did a few years back. Again his mobility is fantastic & he has added a wiry strength which makes for a great combination.

I'm looking forward to Donegal in 2017. We may not win a title next year but I expect to see the beginnings of a really good side.

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 4453 - 30/10/2017 17:56:53    2059139

Link

Replying To MuckrossHead:  "I don't see Ciaran McGinley as a replacement for Neil Gallagher. In my view Neil is irreplaceable & to try and compare anyone to him is impossible.

That said Ciaran is playing great football at the moment. He is a big man, is very strongly built & best of all is very mobile & breaks tackles very well. He is well worth a run in a Donegal side that is lacking in physicality but we won't really know until he steps up to county level & plays at that level just how good he is.

As for Mark McHugh, he is playing the best football of his life & I am excited at the thought of him back in the Donegal half back line sweeping like he did a few years back. Again his mobility is fantastic & he has added a wiry strength which makes for a great combination.

I'm looking forward to Donegal in 2017. We may not win a title next year but I expect to see the beginnings of a really good side."
Congrats on a great win yesterday. Fairly put the knockers back in their box after the county final. I thought it was a complete over reaction then and now. Kilcar over the last couple of years have been one of the best teams in the country to watch. The tussle with NC should set ye up well for what lies ahead against S'neil. I too am very optimistic at what lies ahead for the county side. Regardless of what people think there is some fantastic talent to pick from. Hopefully Mark McHugh can get back to the levels of 2012. Not entirely convinced of it myself but here is hoping.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 1186 - 30/10/2017 19:40:22    2059158

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Congrats on a great win yesterday. Fairly put the knockers back in their box after the county final. I thought it was a complete over reaction then and now. Kilcar over the last couple of years have been one of the best teams in the country to watch. The tussle with NC should set ye up well for what lies ahead against S'neil. I too am very optimistic at what lies ahead for the county side. Regardless of what people think there is some fantastic talent to pick from. Hopefully Mark McHugh can get back to the levels of 2012. Not entirely convinced of it myself but here is hoping."
Cheers panama, you'll have to take my word on Mark. I had nearly given up on him but have never been happier to be proved wrong.

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 4453 - 30/10/2017 20:22:03    2059166

Link

Lets not get to carried away Scotstown defence bar keeper would struggle to make top 6 teams in Donegal.As for Mark Mc Hugh next day be different totally.Slaughneil will enjoy all the hype about Paddy etc Kilcar if they win will have achieved their best ever result.

neutral (None) - Posts: 225 - 31/10/2017 09:40:42    2059223

Link

Where will that semi be? I see there wasn't too many crying about the death of football last night....

EP (Donegal) - Posts: 63 - 31/10/2017 11:16:30    2059249

Link

Replying To neutral:  "Lets not get to carried away Scotstown defence bar keeper would struggle to make top 6 teams in Donegal.As for Mark Mc Hugh next day be different totally.Slaughneil will enjoy all the hype about Paddy etc Kilcar if they win will have achieved their best ever result."
I disagree completely. Kilcar are in bonus territory & enjoying every minute of it. Slaughtneil are the team under the cosh as anything less than an Ulster title will be seen as a failure. I see they are already being referred to as the "new Crossmaglen" No pressure there then.
As for Mark, he has been playing well all year. whatever worries I might have,
Mark isn't one of them.
Nobody in Kilcar is under any illusions about the task facing them. Slaughtneil are a great team & a great club& are favourites to beat us but we will face them man to man & see what happens.

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 4453 - 31/10/2017 11:29:18    2059252

Link

Replying To neutral:  "Lets not get to carried away Scotstown defence bar keeper would struggle to make top 6 teams in Donegal.As for Mark Mc Hugh next day be different totally.Slaughneil will enjoy all the hype about Paddy etc Kilcar if they win will have achieved their best ever result."
I doubt anybody in Kilcar are under any illusions about the task ahead. They will be rightfully underdogs going into the semi final but it will be interesting to see how they get on against a team who set a barometer at a national level. I thought Mark McHugh was good on both occasions I seen him in the semi final and county final. But it is a big step up to county level especially in terms of the physical demands required. So will be interesting if he can get back to the levels of 2012.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 1186 - 31/10/2017 13:43:05    2059288

Link

Semi is in Healy Park, Omagh at 6:30pm Saturday 11th

ModernMaharaja (Donegal) - Posts: 23 - 31/10/2017 23:51:51    2059417

Link

Replying To ModernMaharaja:  "Semi is in Healy Park, Omagh at 6:30pm Saturday 11th"
I hope it stays dry between now & then or both teams will be wearing flippers instead of boots.

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 4453 - 01/11/2017 16:44:49    2059573

Link

Replying To MuckrossHead:  "I hope it stays dry between now & then or both teams will be wearing flippers instead of boots."
wonder is there any chance of it being televised?

ModernMaharaja (Donegal) - Posts: 23 - 02/11/2017 01:57:09    2059671

Link