Derry Forum

Give Paddy peace!

(Oldest Posts First)

93 VINTAGE YEAR , AND WHOM IT MAY CONCERN .. How many others performed poorly v Galway and Tyrone ? Why single out a man that has played only a few games after a serious injury ? i ask where you have been since 93 , unless im thick , paddy bradley (along with fergal doherty ) has carried Doire , big time !! As last mumber of years how many scores would Doire have got only for paddy , and what division would we have been in ? I believe whatever site paddy or any other amateur player that uses the internet, wants to use is there own business ! why would he not defend himself on twitter against narrow minded people with short memories ? How many counties in ireland would love to have paddy in there co team. ? In my mind paddys biggest problem is, that he is lost for other decent county players in the team around him . THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE PADDY , AND LONG MAY IT CONTINUE ! IF WE COULD PULL TOGETHER AS A COUNTY AND SUPPORT THE TEAM VOCALLY IN CELTIC PK V MONAGHAN THEN MAYBE IT WOULD HELP THE TEAM, OTHER THAN SLAG THE BEST PLAYERS , AND LOOK FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME ..

bonzo111 (Derry) - Posts: 190 - 16/02/2012 19:06:31    1113132

Link

Bonzo what exactly was his tweet could you tell me...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 16/02/2012 19:42:46    1113167

Link

god man go easy on the caps, sore eyes looking at that! Theres doubt pb and big enda have been our best players over the last decade, and i hope paddy can reach the heights he once did but i feel he has lost it a wee bit it will be interesting to see when eoin is fit who will play full forward? if you read my last post i agree pb has been the scapegoat too many times when theres a bad performance and the blame goes to the whole team especially the defence, we have big problems in the full back line

brolly_4_pres (Derry) - Posts: 356 - 16/02/2012 19:50:57    1113173

Link

Is it just a coincidence that derry got to an ulster final for the first time in years without Paddy and Fergal, in my mind derry are better as a TEAM without Paddy Bradley.

countyboy (Tyrone) - Posts: 17 - 16/02/2012 20:27:46    1113211

Link

Countyboy, in my mind there is a reason why Tyrone people dislike paddy so much.

Agree with Brolly, criticism of Paddy is uncalled for. Hes just back from a cruciate ligament injury and played 4 games in as many weekends. Of course he's not going to be 100%.

Derry_ledd (Derry) - Posts: 2093 - 17/02/2012 09:17:21    1113337

Link

i would say if the 2 bradley boys were playing in the ulster final last year against donegall derry would have had a great chance the 2 bradleys are needed by derry and derry do depend on them alot

Dunloy2012 (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 17/02/2012 12:25:06    1113508

Link

I would say that if the two Bradleys had of been playing last year, Derry would not have been in an Ulster final. Eoin is a team player, and is crtical to Derrys future success, and he was crucial in Derry getting past Armagh. Agreed with the other poster, his absence is one of the reasons why we qualified for last years Ulster final in my opinion. Its no coinsedence that the morale in the camp has crashed since he was announced captain for the year.

MickeyMouse (Derry) - Posts: 174 - 17/02/2012 12:40:58    1113529

Link

Everyone, sit-up, stand-up or lean against the wall and read what I am about to say.

Social media is a blogging device which allows everyman, woman and dog express themselves all over the globe. In my opinion it is a blight on society and it does more harm than good. Paddy made a remark on his twitter account which he is entitled to do. People who read these tweets can twist the original message to make it sound something completely different.

All forms of social networking and the media have been a blight on Derry football for the past decade, rumours of players falling out with management, county board and management falling out, infighting. These are just a few to name. Our players are amateur only in name but the professionalism and training they put themselves through week-in and out is far from amatuerish.

We are entitled to express our views on the teams performance but I don't think it's right to put into question a players desire, work rate or ability. Every true Derry fan wants their county to be the successful but how can we achieve this goal constantly sniping at players. Players are only human at the end of the day and all we can ask for is that they give their all when they pull on the county jersey.

In relation to PB, he along with Muldoon, Doherty, McGuckin, McCloy and a few others have given their all to Derry and long may he continue. Paddy has pulled Derry out of many a tight corner over the years for very little reward. We should appreciate the guys talents on the field because when he hangs his boots up for good we will only then realise what a natural talent he had.

Lets stop this constant harbouring of abuse against the man and the team and be pro-active in supporting the guys onto future success.

Doire Abu.

OakGael (Derry) - Posts: 293 - 17/02/2012 12:45:16    1113536

Link

I wonder would paddy transfer to Down?

ballybannongael (Down) - Posts: 547 - 17/02/2012 13:18:11    1113573

Link

I will try this again. No one is questioning the service Paddy gave Derry he is to be commended for it. No one is questioning his obvious talent as a footballer. But service and talent does not make a team. I agree with Mickeymouse.

derryman (Derry) - Posts: 3246 - 17/02/2012 13:29:46    1113589

Link

mickeymouse, I do not understand for the life of me how you can make that statement, we lost 2 league matches and your blaming one man..............please substantiate your opinion.

OakGael (Derry) - Posts: 293 - 17/02/2012 16:10:39    1113752

Link

RE BONZO Obviously you didnt read my post correctly i said ban social media like donegal did its a source of opinion which can backfire on a county footballer i know its harsh but it can be interpreted the wrong way hence pb comments,i was at omagh on sunday bonzo i wonder if u were and paddy bradley is a quality footballer and later on in june he will be back 2 his best,i wondered if in my opinion would he be a good leader or captain.

93vintageyear (Derry) - Posts: 301 - 17/02/2012 16:30:27    1113764

Link

I feel mickeymouse has a chip on his shoulder about PB, these forums become a problem when certain individuals start a campaign of victimisation on a certain individual.

I would like the administrator of this site to remove this discussion.

OakGael (Derry) - Posts: 293 - 17/02/2012 16:54:17    1113781

Link

I had a look at twitter, seems some people have taken him up the wromg way or were looking for an excuse to chastise him. In his words

"If anyone has any questions about my committment to the team,come spend a week with me and see how I train and look at the time put in"

Derry_ledd (Derry) - Posts: 2093 - 17/02/2012 17:16:14    1113798

Link

why end this forum, ever hear of freedom of speech? everyone is aloud an opinion, especially on our county team. Mickeymouse's name sums him up less said about him the better.

brolly_4_pres (Derry) - Posts: 356 - 17/02/2012 17:33:38    1113810

Link

Derry-ledd people in tyrone have no reason to dislike paddy and i belive he is in the top 5 forwards in ireland, i'm just saying derry can play excellent football when he's not playing, like against armagh in last years ulster semi final.

countyboy (Tyrone) - Posts: 17 - 17/02/2012 19:48:02    1113882

Link

Agree with Oakgael - its the reason the official Derry website did away with the forum - faceless nameless people coming on and criticising the team and or individuals it fuels rumours and starts gossip where there isnt necessarily any.

doirebhoy (Derry) - Posts: 344 - 17/02/2012 20:16:23    1113896

Link

are we still open ?

bonzo111 (Derry) - Posts: 190 - 19/02/2012 12:35:08    1114404

Link

Firstly i prefer talking to people who follow Doire on this page, not tyrone.. DUB 1 , i dont know what the tweet was , i only read about it on here , but its probally as derry ledd states. RE VINTAGE YEAR93 , your quote was " these people should stay off twitter " without sounding nasty , its still not your bussiness ! this seems to be a personal onslaught v paddy. I have followed the county as long number of years , home , away, friendlys , league and championship , not to mention helping out at owenbeg for some years , therefore dont question me about omagh ! Lets hope, as u say paddy will be back to his best in june . captain, i dont know, lets give him a season and judge then. To qualify for an ulster final with or without the bradleys does not do it for me , if this satisfies some people then , good luck to you. To me the final appearance was down to john Brennans first year in charge . OAKGAEL your 100% right , dont waste your time against anti p b people , im glad to see that BROLLY has also a bit of whit . anyone whom is jealous of p b would probally be best following club football alone ..

bonzo111 (Derry) - Posts: 190 - 19/02/2012 13:10:59    1114422

Link

I cant believe i have to respond again 2 my quote about twitter[becoming boring now]some players after the tyrone defeat yes there was more than one tweeted some on the current panel others who used to be on it hence[these people should stay off twitter]it doesnt make sense commenting after a game especially after a defeat to the old enemy it can be misunderstood thats why i said donegal banned social media last year it prevents teamnews injuries tactics from being leaked out.

93vintageyear (Derry) - Posts: 301 - 22/02/2012 14:02:27    1115999

Link