Derry Forum

Medical Oversight

(Oldest Posts First)

Is the mess up by Derry County Board just an inevitable side effect of the lack of support/respect for Derry Hurling?? Lets not forget that they are doing better than our footballers so far this year.

christy sting (Derry) - Posts: 251 - 29/03/2011 21:02:56    898914

Link

Is the mess up by Derry County Board just an inevitable side effect of the lack of support/respect for Derry Hurling?? Lets not forget that they are doing better than our footballers so far this year.

Im not too sure what mess up you are talking about (as the county board get few things right), but to say that the hurlers are doing better than the footballers is a bit short sighted. i wish the hurlers all the best and its great to see them in the league final doing the county proud! but they re in different standard of leagues and the footballers are joint 3rd on 6 points (in div 2) with promotion in sight back to div 1.

I look forward to the day Derry have both teams playin in div 1 and proving themselves in cship!

Predator (Derry) - Posts: 9 - 30/03/2011 13:47:04    899224

Link

lets be honest here, this would NEVER have happened at a football match, slight oversight my ****. hurling is the poor relation in derry which is widely known. and it is sad because we have some fine hurlers and some fine hurling people within the county who will continue to promote and push hurling on in derry whether supported or not

pig.ignorant (Derry) - Posts: 655 - 01/04/2011 15:29:17    900890

Link