Derry Forum

First Impressions v Cavan

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Doiregael2
Your command of the national language is very impressive. I agree and like yourself I am always optomistic, often dissapointed. I hope only that regardless of the result I will see Derry play well and because I have gone to a lot of games I do see some good football. Indeed in 2009? in the national league game against Tyrone in healy park they played 15 minutes of the best football I have seen for some time. They would have won that game had young brown not hit the post with a fairly easy free. It was worth it just to see Derry play football like that. Those who were not at the game had a totally different impression. You have got to be there reading papers is uninspiring.

derryman (Derry) - Posts: 3246 - 21/01/2011 09:59:24    850837

Link

I think the problem a lot of supporters find with Derry (myself included) is that we rarely play football that is attractive to watch. Any match i have been to i have found myself pulling my hair out at how we are playing, it is so damn frustrating! Loads of handpassing and going nowhere....
Hopefully John Brennan has changed that?
Im going to head to the Monaghan match and get a look for myself.

bosch (Derry) - Posts: 873 - 21/01/2011 10:31:03    850859

Link

Me too! I must get up on Sunday for the first of many matches of 2011 ;) doire abu

Orlaith (Derry) - Posts: 4282 - 21/01/2011 19:20:51    851452

Link

Go raibh maith agat féin, a christy, cionn is gur spreag tú mé úsáid a bhaint as an Ghaeilge. Ní raibh mé ag iarraidh ach a rá gur maith an rud é, mar a dúirt tú cheana, Gaeilge de chinéal ar bith a fheiceáil ar an suíomh seo. Níl mise foirfe ach oiread agus is leoga nach bhfuil mo chuid Ghaeilge foirfe, ach ba trua da mbeadh eagla orm scríobh anseo da réir sin. Ar chor ar bith, measaim agus tuigim neart do mhothuchán.

doiregael2 (Derry) - Posts: 334 - 21/01/2011 21:59:41    851554

Link