Derry Forum

All Ireland tickets

(Oldest Posts First)

Anyone out there that can tell me, how to go about getting a few all ireland final tickets . as a season ticket holder from the first season i thought we were able to attend , but after three e mails to the season ticket office , no reply has came my way . i am not a doctor , solisitor , teacher or priest ..

bonzo111 (Derry) - Posts: 190 - 08/09/2010 19:12:49    769244

Link

Bonzo

Unfortunately you are only entitled to a ticket [with the season ticket scheme] - if your own county should reach the final, i.e Doire.

Difficulty getting tickets is an ol' chestnut - but to be fair it does add to the whole buzz & excitement of your counting participating in AI final day.

The best way to get a ticket is through your own Club. Every single GAA club in Ireland, and indeed the exiles, is given an allocation of tickets regardless of who plays. Of course all political parties in the Island (including unionist) as well as the clergy (both catholic & protestant denominations), the banks, and corporate sponsors get an allocation of tickets as well - which irks many genuine fans, who attend games thru thick & thin...

If your not a paid up member of any GAA club, your best bet is to approach a friend in a club (can be any county in ireland) and get them to request you a ticket, you'd be amazed at the amount of clubs decline & send them back!!

Each interfirms GAA team, and schools GAA team also is entitled to a ticket.

I think you are too late now though, as the tickets that are returned / declined from each of these sources are set to be re-distributed amongst the competing counties only (i.e Down, Cork, & Tyrone)

redhandmacca (Tyrone) - Posts: 240 - 09/09/2010 10:19:31    769551

Link

I play for an interfirms team, however i was told we never got an allocation?

can i believe this or is someone telling me porkies?

johnanthony (Antrim) - Posts: 169 - 09/09/2010 18:52:38    770315

Link

I got an email that the 2 tickets that our club recieved are going into a raffle and that all members that want them have to give their name to the club for the draw later on in the week. I think thats a good idea!

Orlaith (Derry) - Posts: 4282 - 10/09/2010 11:13:22    770635

Link