Derry Forum

Clubs

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

If I was at uni I would travel to, I love helping out at my club, Im coaching underage in the summer camp this week. The thing I like most about the GAA is the sense of community, There is a pride in the jersey that no other sports in my opinion can achieve, You can buy the champions league but you cant buy the Sam Maguire.

Orlaith (Derry) - Posts: 4282 - 10/08/2010 15:17:47    742067

Link

MesAmis, Id be too far away from the club to travel at the moment with the number of other commitments i have (work etc). I hope a few months that my circumstances may change and maybe move jobs so ill reasess then. Id love to be able to play with my club, but if its not practical id join a club where i am.

A few years back when at uni i was still playing for the club, we were in the championship final and the league play offs. There was that many of us at uni in belfast it was nearly half the squad, so in order for us to train midweek as a whole panel we actually trained at another clubground half way between Belfast and Derry City. Worked very well for us. Before the latter stages of the season though half the squad trained in belfast mid week and the other half in derry, then a full session in derry on friday evening.

Derry_ledd (Derry) - Posts: 2093 - 10/08/2010 18:55:24    742564

Link

Does anyone know how much it costs to enter championship matches? Steelstown are playing Faughanvale tomorrow in banagher and I'm thinking of going

Orlaith (Derry) - Posts: 4282 - 14/08/2010 11:03:04    745879

Link

Great match today in Banagher, Steelstown won well done to Faughanvale. Much cleaner match than the last one. Well done

Orlaith (Derry) - Posts: 4282 - 15/08/2010 19:16:00    746586

Link