Sligo Forum

Popular Posts from eoinog

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Galway v Tipperary - 6 Like(s)

Replying To blackrockeddie:  "Shocking performance from Barry Kelly should not ref another game better not ref the final dreadful performance"
What was wrong with the ref. Enlightened me please. He let the game flow which is what we want. Both sides hit some terrible wides. Was that his fault. Posters like you should not be allowed publish posts

eoinog (National) - 06/08/2017 18:03:35

Paul Kimmage - 4 Like(s)
Another spiel in the Sunday Independent from this author. Coming hot on the heels on the Athenry story while hardly deserved 2 pages I am wondering what is his point. These stories are a million miles away from drug cheats that he normally covers and does well.

eoinog (National) - 07/06/2018 11:35:16

The Final - 3 Like(s)

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Cavan man did his part Dublin Joe has overseen 3 of Dublins haul free before half time Sunday was akin to the one awarded in 2011 for Cluxton match winner onl Joe knows what for in both instances Moon light in Mayo will be accompanied by Johnny Logan's 'What's another Year'"
Referee didn't cost Mayo the game. It wasn't the ref that missed the goal opportunity. It was Jason Doherty. Wasn't the ref that clattered John Small.It was Vaughan. Wasn't the referee that missed the last free. It was O Connor. Wasn't the referee that kicked the last kickout over the sidelines. It was Clarke. Terrific performance from Mayo but they came up short by a whisker. Hold your head up with pride and dignity, don't embarrass yourselves by blaming the referee.

eoinog (Mayo) - 19/09/2017 13:59:07

Man Of The Match Awards - 3 Like(s)
The M.O.T.M.A should be a huge honour to receive, yet every week when the player gets presented with it you would be forgiven for thinking that they were about to go to the electric chair such is their enthusiasm. Why could they not say he was thrilled and honoured to get it and come out with a line line that famour horse trainer said (RIP) I will have sex and all tonight. Instead he spouts the usual stuff. A team effort, knew they would be up against it and that performance would not be good enough the next day. Yawn Yawn... If Rory MC Iiroy wins a tournament he doesn't say that performance today won't win The Master's. When the O Donovan brother's win a less prestigious race they don't say the same thing same with all sports people. Why then do GAA people give you the impression that they are embarrassed to get a deservedly accolade. Lighten up lads.

eoinog (National) - 15/07/2018 20:08:33

Galway V Sligo - Salthill June 3Rd - 3 Like(s)

Replying To martinjoe:  "That's very strong talk on behalf of a team who managed just 2 wins in NFL Div 3. Must be expecting big improvement in the Championship."
Go back and cry on your own website, We are still in the Connacht Championship.

eoinog (Sligo) - 15/05/2018 12:23:15

Club Season 2017 - 2 Like(s)
Will there be a statue erected to this MC Garry lad that no one seems to know about except a few lunatics on this site

eoinog (Sligo) - 17/08/2017 11:36:57

The positive Sligo GAA thread - 2 Like(s)
Pass me the sick bucket

eoinog (Sligo) - 07/11/2017 17:38:43

Mayo v Sligo - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Maggiepie:  "You would actually think from the Champion that junior soccer was the national game and that thousands attend every match given the coverage it merits. On the Cricket feature, surely this was not the week to run it. Why not a piece on some of the GAA clubs who are in existence for 109 years and more, and do so on the basis of unpaid voluntary help."
Lazy journalism by the Champion when you see what they have in about the game. Most of the articles are written by Carew and Breheny.

eoinog (Sligo) - 19/05/2017 14:35:38

Mayo v Sligo - 1 Like(s)

Replying To LoyalVin:  "I'm afraid I must agree with you MaggiePie. You will have the advantage of a championship match under your belts while we are going in cold. I hope it's a good match and if Sligo win I'll support them all the way to the All Ireland."
What a load of rubbish. We have a championship game under our belt just cos we beat New York. ?We not gonna fall for that. Ye lads have played 7 Division 1 teams and we were lucky to avoid relegation to div 4. Ye are expected to win, play in 2nd gear and blood a few new players.

eoinog (Sligo) - 17/05/2017 15:43:28

Connacht FBD League 2018 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Benbulben:  "18 point swing?"
I note the time of your post at 5.03 am and I hope you weren't lying awake worrying about Sligo Football.

eoinog (Sligo) - 19/01/2018 12:21:31

End of Season stuff - 1 Like(s)

Replying To shorona:  "Just to counter your point Eoinog, I don't think them club volunteers you speak of would go to a club outside of their own and volunteer their time? If a club cannot get somebody inside there club to manage a team, or cannot find somebody suitable and feel they have to go outside for a manager I don't see how they will get him/her in without at least giving expenses, especially if that person has to travel a distance 3 times a week. I am a club volunteer and I don't do it for appreciation. I do it because I love Gaelic football and I love my club and thoroughly enjoy giving my time to it. And sometimes I will get appreciation from the players that I coach and/or their parents."
In general the club facilities in Sligo are average at best or if we compare to a national scale then they are poor.Clubs trying their best to improve facilities every year have now to come up with expenses for a manager. If they could use that fee to continue to improve facilities it would be more beneficial to the club. Has football improved or regressed since payments to Managers came to the fore. Asking clubs to pay managers that in most cases are club members is disgraceful. All top Sligo team's currently have home grown managers. Tourlestrane, Tubber, E.Harps, St Mary's ( the 4 teams that reached Senior Championship Semi finals) All those managers are getting paid. Did it really take a big name like Monty to get Ballymote out of Junior Championship Football. Did they not have enough pride themselves to get their act together without outside intervention and of course euro's. Owenmore Gael's the same.

eoinog (Sligo) - 18/01/2018 09:21:46

Galway V Sligo - Salthill June 3Rd - 1 Like(s)

Replying To eoinog:  "I would fully agree that a two tier Championship is the way to go. That's the way hurling has gone and even the LGFA. We have a small pool of players to pick from and we are competing with Soccer and Rugby. Other small counties Carlow, Fermanagh etc have no such worries. We need to set up a cttee and do a serious analysis of the problems in this county. We need to look at why Div 1 game's didn't take place this year, giving walkovers. Why the Minor A League final was only 13 a side, Why the U.20 competition is ran off over a couple of weekend's when all players are back at college and another plethora of walkovers. With a shambles of a fixture program how can we possibly expect to produce a team that is capable of challenging for honours."
Ok Lads. I know I was trying to make a point but it wasn't my intention to ram it down yer throat's by putting it up 3 times.

eoinog (Sligo) - 06/06/2018 08:40:39

League 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To keyboardwarrior18:  "With the leagues getting underway this weekend who do we think will manage to beat relegation with I think three sides going down from Division One and Division Two. Looking ahead to the games at the weekend Division 1 St Mary's v St Molaise Gaels - St Molaise I think should take this one,I think Mary's are slow to start and that's why the Grange outfit will edge it, that's if it goes ahead, this game has been forfeited the last two years. Eastern Harps v Shamrock Gaels - Shamrock Gaels to also win, a young side with plenty of pace that will cause Harps problems Curry v Coolaney / Mullinabreena - With Red Og gone, Curry will be missing a key part of their forward line, Coolaney will just edge this one, but only just. Coolera-Strandhill v Castleconnor - Coolera to take this one, stronger panel and will be looking to build after their championship exploits last season Division 2 St John's v St Patrick's - Johns should win comfortably, they are notoriously slow starters but should have enough to get over a Pat's side that struggled last year Drumcliffe/Rosses Point v St Farnan's - DRP after coming down from D1 should be looking to head straight back up and should have enough to get over Farnans Geevagh v Enniscrone/Kilglass - Close one but Geevagh should edge it, even though I would not be surprised if Enniscrone get the win Bunninadden v Owenmore Gaels - Bunninadden struggled last year and with Vinnie Frizzell gone they may lack forwards. Home advantage may see them through against Owenmore though who have a young team. Calry/St Joseph's v Easkey - With Easkey having lost a number of players in the last couple of weeks they will struggle, Calry to win comfortably."
Think there is only 2 team's going down this year. One team comes up, same again next year.

eoinog (Sligo) - 27/03/2019 11:52:35

Replying To Sligonian:  "From what I witnessed today and what I witnessed in Connacht final last year this Galway team are beatable. Walsh is tactically poor, no surprise there, Galway have runners but there headless at times, they find it hard to shoot on the run too, lots of miss-hits, but for they were rudderless at times today. Some of the older players legs are gone, i would target o donnells flank for our attack, put Kyle on him and run into the ground, we need to get Comer away from the goals, Mayo did a great job pushing him deep out the field, Last year Roscommon crowded the middle sector and tore Galway apart on breaks, i would follow that, i don't trust Aidan on short kickouts anyway, we need to do loads of break winning drills over the next few weeks and target Galways weakness there, Roscommon also created and huge amount of space in front of the full back line, that's key for me, suck the wing back tight to the end lines, have 2 forwards high up the field in front of the square, hughes as a target vital here. The Galway fb line looks mediocre to me. Galway wont set up as defensively as they did today, Walsh is arrogant so he wont worry too much about us. I do have a few concerns Galway finished with a stronger team than started so there probably be changes, there younger players are fast but not as physical. We can win it if we get our tactics and match ups right on the day. Will be a good test and learning experience for our lads and we have some decent memories from Salthill a few years ago. No point turning up if you think your going to lose, its wasting the fans and your own time. Going into a game with fear ensures your decision making on the field will be tentative, passive and reactive. Go in believing in yourself and your decision making will be aggressive, proactive and with purpose. Simple choice really."
I admire your enthusiasm, I believe we will get hammered out the gate The only positive aspect is that next year we ate guaranteed a home game.

eoinog (Sligo) - 13/05/2018 22:50:17

Horrific Clash !!! - 1 Like(s)
To be fair to the lad, only one poster said he wasn't good enough. I was actually complimentary to him on getting player of the year over more established team mate's

eoinog (Sligo) - 14/06/2018 15:35:44

Sligo 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Sligoman1234:  "Some performance today by the sounds of it. Yet again straight from the half time break our opposition manage to score big and quick even when we're on the back foot. Shouldn't be happening and shows a clear disengagement from whatever is said in the dressing room moments earlier. I make no apologies for posting a result as had been said they made the decision to have that game against that opposition. If they're offended by getting hammered then pick opposition who are less likely to do it. And anyway what was a team playing a challenge game on a week off after 3 league games on the trot and more to follow? My only fear now is that seeing as we're shipping big losses to division 3 teams what is before us when we play Galway in Markievicz! For 2020 it looks like we won't even get a local derby with our neighbours in Division 4."
We will have to agree to disagree on your post re challenge game. No idea in the first place why it took place. When I say present Mgt is absolved I am talking about the teams fortunes as a whole and not one game. The present Mgt inherited a team on a downward spiral for the last number of years from outside managers. I fully believe we needed a local man and nobody else was interested only Taylor and I am going to be give him 100% backing for this year. Interesting that a Leitrim poster mentioned that they are on an upward spiral the last few years and as I said we are the opposite. People have mentioned players pulling out of the squad. Kevin Mc Donnell did not pull out. He is injured.Very unfair to tar him with that brush. David Kelly never regained his form after that ankle injury and is very prone to injury. I can see why he won't play, no player wants to play when he can't regain his form. Breheny got sent off 3 times in last year's Championship in Sligo. Enough said on that. Didn't hear of Coen moving but there is not a snow balls chance that he will be in the Monaghan set up. Players leave Co panels in every county, the most obvious is Diarmuid Connolly. How long did it take for us to coax Mc Intyre to join with us a few years ago.

eoinog (Sligo) - 03/03/2019 12:30:32

New Season - 1 Like(s)
Nearly at the end of the league and there are 5 teams in a relegation fight and 4 teams with a chance of making the league final so there is a lot to play for. Starting this evening Harps host Tubber. If Tubber win they are basically safe as it would need a combination of bizarre results to see them relegated. If Harps win they still another win to remain safe and as they play Marys and Coolaney in their last two games it will be a tough ask on them as both teams they are playing are in the running for a League final . Next weekend the tie of the round will be Curry away to Drumcliffe. A win for Drumcliffe would leave them safe but again a win for Curry may not be enough. If Harps and Curry who are on the same number of points were to lose their remaining games then Curry would be safe as on a head to head they already beat Harps. Tour play Coolaney and a win for Coolaney would be enough for a league final spot if Marys lose to Harps on Sunday. Everything should be much clearer after the weekend.

eoinog (Sligo) - 28/06/2018 15:24:11

Saw the u.20 team for this evening. Harps win minor A Championship last year and no one on the team.

eoinog (Sligo) - 02/06/2018 14:48:03

Connacht Senior Football Championship 2017 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To michael:  "EoinogSligo, don't come on here making statements based on perceptions created by a very small few who had other agendas."
I am only stating the obvious. MC Stay got dogs abuse from a lot of so called Roscommon supporter's.

eoinog (Roscommon) - 10/07/2017 10:38:14

Pairc Ui Chaoimh And Liam Miller - 1 Like(s)
I am getting very tired of the Liam Miller saga. Sadly the man passed away leaving a wife and kids. To be honest he had a good career in football and with the clubs he played for he should have made a few euro. My point is what about all the other young father's or mother's that died of similar age and similar circumstances but forged a living from working in factories, self employed, civil servant etc etc. There is no big charity football game for them. I have every bit of sympathy for the Millar family but a small bit of perspective is required in this instance.

eoinog (National) - 26/07/2018 15:10:23