Meath Forum

Meath v Fermanagh

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To ziggy32001:  "blur far more diverse..

none of them beat the kinks though! :)"
I do love the Kinks but if we're going old school the Pink Floyd Ziggy. And ok yes, Blur far more diverse, bit Oasis far more talented :-) (and by Oasis I really mean Noel Gallagher)

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 26/03/2017 20:57:14    1971460

Link

Replying To matthematx:  "What a disgrace today Alan ford dragged
all the way round the park these lads deserve much better than that 15 Euro in and no bloody stretcher to carry a player straight to medical treatment .ref started game again and ford being treated on pitch this should not be allowed to happen come on co.board all players deserve much better"
Well said

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 26/03/2017 21:13:47    1971467

Link

Improved performance but against a poor Fermanagh team. PoR always looked in command. Menton much better. Full back line improved. Harnan harshly treated i thought. Major concern regarding so many players running up blind alleyways.and too much lateral play.Forwards not running to open spaces ,and making passing easier.Overall teamwork in this regard not good enough. Reilly good at times,but poor when he looses possesion.His ability to tackle needs coaching together with others .Wallace best game for a while. Sean Tobin deserves a start next time.same with Shane Mc Entee. Overall Andy not satisfied with teamwork and blind alleyways.and some players far too selfish especially half forwards. A lot done,and a lot more to be done

nobull456 (Meath) - Posts: 1209 - 26/03/2017 21:33:53    1971477

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Well said"
Totally agree .

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 26/03/2017 21:42:54    1971487

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Well said"
Ah come on,, he was hardly dragged ,, dont belive in puttin a man on a stretcher when he doesn't need too ,, and as for the point about the ref restarting game wot did u want him to do,

otherlad (Meath) - Posts: 137 - 26/03/2017 21:49:59    1971490

Link

Replying To otherlad:  "Ah come on,, he was hardly dragged ,, dont belive in puttin a man on a stretcher when he doesn't need too ,, and as for the point about the ref restarting game wot did u want him to do,"
Do you not think the least a inter county player deserves is the swift medical attention he needs after a injury , ie been taken by stretcher off field, not least as it also rests the injury, if rumour is to be believed then Alan has ligament damage, been aided around field will do more harm to that type of injury than been taken off by stretchers. I'm sorry but I think this is the least these amateur players deserves from their county board.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 26/03/2017 22:20:42    1971511

Link

Replying To otherlad:  "Ah come on,, he was hardly dragged ,, dont belive in puttin a man on a stretcher when he doesn't need too ,, and as for the point about the ref restarting game wot did u want him to do,"
Will you get a grip.The guy had clearly badly injured himself ! The game could have been halted for 5 mins to carry him off the feild! A disgrace

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 26/03/2017 22:31:15    1971522

Link

anyone know what andy said about the game?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 26/03/2017 22:44:02    1971530

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Do you not think the least a inter county player deserves is the swift medical attention he needs after a injury , ie been taken by stretcher off field, not least as it also rests the injury, if rumour is to be believed then Alan has ligament damage, been aided around field will do more harm to that type of injury than been taken off by stretchers. I'm sorry but I think this is the least these amateur players deserves from their county board."
Surely there was a stretcher there? Any club ground I've been in had a stretcher when required, surely our main stadium would have one?

Barney123 (Meath) - Posts: 676 - 26/03/2017 22:59:16    1971540

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "anyone know what andy said about the game?"
Happy with the intensity from the very start and had some praise for Bryan McMahon, that's all I heard

redser123 (Meath) - Posts: 402 - 26/03/2017 23:08:53    1971544

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "anyone know what andy said about the game?"
https://soundcloud.com/lmfmradio/sunday-sport-andy-mcentee-following-18-point-win-over-fermanagh

You'll find the interviews in the same place every week lads...

BarneysTie (Meath) - Posts: 258 - 27/03/2017 00:37:32    1971571

Link

Agree with RoyalDunne on most things he says. Division 1 would be good for us but don't see Kildare beating Galway. We will win down in Clare and hopefully we can continue the form into the championship. Up the Royal

Meathmen (Meath) - Posts: 73 - 27/03/2017 03:42:11    1971589

Link

I'm absolutely gutted for Alan Forde, knee ligament injuries are among the worst you can get. Thought he was having a decent season too. Guess we're lucky in a sense that we had O'Sullivan available to come on and replace him. Get well soon Alan.

GlasgowRoyal (Meath) - Posts: 293 - 27/03/2017 08:53:09    1971610

Link

Replying To matthematx:  "What a disgrace today Alan ford dragged
all the way round the park these lads deserve much better than that 15 Euro in and no bloody stretcher to carry a player straight to medical treatment .ref started game again and ford being treated on pitch this should not be allowed to happen come on co.board all players deserve much better"
100% agree with you..disgraceful & dis-respectful. Ref allowing game to carry on while he was down with play going on around him. Shocking carry on.

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 27/03/2017 09:18:41    1971621

Link

While Forde was lying on the ground being attended to by medics the ref should have the had the decency to stop the game..no??

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 27/03/2017 09:21:23    1971622

Link

Replying To Barney123:  "Surely there was a stretcher there? Any club ground I've been in had a stretcher when required, surely our main stadium would have one?"
I was over beside where he was been attended to and it looked to me like he volunteered to walk around the pitch with the support of medics...agree ref should have have stopped play but dont think he wanted a stretcher.

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 27/03/2017 09:23:34    1971623

Link

Replying To southmeathgael:  "Htaem there's having your opinion and there's just pushing an agenda and your obviously one of the latter that pop up here from time to time.....yes he had a poor game today and the end of the league couldn't come sooner for him...he's been on the go now over a year full tilt and looks a bit fatigued.....Come June he's in top 3 names on teamsheet....anybody that can't see this really shouldn't be on a gaa forum and are just wasting theres.and the moderators time posting"
Southmeathgale u clearly haven't played football at any level or for that matter know anything about football if u believe that biggys work rate yesterday when we didn't have the ball was acceptable. You probably marked seamus Kenny or joe Sheridan out if it in an underage game once and now u think ur some kind of expert..

Blackspot09 (Meath) - Posts: 868 - 27/03/2017 09:48:08    1971635

Link

Replying To Blackspot09:  "Southmeathgale u clearly haven't played football at any level or for that matter know anything about football if u believe that biggys work rate yesterday when we didn't have the ball was acceptable. You probably marked seamus Kenny or joe Sheridan out if it in an underage game once and now u think ur some kind of expert.."
looked at biggy for about 2 mins off the ball,not sure if he was carrying an injury or not,but he looked tired. he wasn't working as hard as the rest of the team that is for sure.
he has played a lot of football lately though,so perhaps he simply wasn't able to out in the effort the other lads were putting in.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 27/03/2017 11:20:02    1971698

Link

Replying To Loyalroyal17:  "While Forde was lying on the ground being attended to by medics the ref should have the had the decency to stop the game..no??"
by rule the ref has every right to play on if its not a head injury

redser123 (Meath) - Posts: 402 - 27/03/2017 11:31:34    1971706

Link

Replying To southmeathgael:  "Htaem there's having your opinion and there's just pushing an agenda and your obviously one of the latter that pop up here from time to time.....yes he had a poor game today and the end of the league couldn't come sooner for him...he's been on the go now over a year full tilt and looks a bit fatigued.....Come June he's in top 3 names on teamsheet....anybody that can't see this really shouldn't be on a gaa forum and are just wasting theres.and the moderators time posting"
your wrong here southmeathgael
while it was a great team display and a big improvement on last week, we have to be honest and say biggy did struggle and it is more then possible that its because of all the football he has played cause i think he is a fine player but if there was an improvement to be made to his game its to work harder when we dont have the ball and that is Andy mc style, he will have to work harder or he will be called out week after week and rightly so

head4dblackspot (Meath) - Posts: 513 - 27/03/2017 11:48:00    1971713

Link