Meath Forum

Meath v Fermanagh

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

unless COS is injured he will start. Class is permanent which he has. I actually expect the same team to start with lots of competition from guys on the bench. Good to see Seamus Lavin playing a role. Midfield is improving and starting to hold its own. Hopefully a big crowd in Navan for our last home game. UP THE ROYAL

Meathmen (Meath) - Posts: 73 - 21/03/2017 05:56:19    1969360

Link

O'Neill scored 6 points off Keogan? Can you explain that one please RoyalDunne? It's very unlikely Graham will be dropped as he is vital to our team and always chips in with a few vital scores every game but he, like every other player, will have to all up their workrate for Fermanagh on Sunday.

RoylerKing (Meath) - Posts: 809 - 21/03/2017 08:38:48    1969373

Link

Replying To numberedjerseys:  "What's R&R
Cillian nose should be given a chance to heal"
Rest and Recovery , and my point exactly . He has played with a Hannibal Lecter facemask , and as such must be worried about his nose , breathing , etc affected thus why is he been played , written in probably before everyone else . Time for him to heal and getting strong .
Great engine, and is very game at going forward , a leader in the making , but I suspect his conversion rate is not all its cracked up to be 30/40% possibly . It would be interesting to see how many of his goal attempts have been successful . Stats required .

Meath_True (Meath) - Posts: 285 - 21/03/2017 09:08:59    1969378

Link

Replying To southmeathgael:  "More clowns on here calling for biggy to be dropped I see.....lay down a real marker to the squad??? ......Andy named him in all but name????? I've never heard such horse manure in my life. Andy will not drop biggy and nor should he.........fact"
Ah for gods sake ok he did not look interested but pointed 3 times more from play that anyone else. I have and still am his biggest critic but I can still see he is needed and is doing better overall than other years despite some bad options taken. He won the free at the end to draw it somehow o don't see anyone else that would have got to that posit

. Andy drop his captain no one better than Andy or Gerry to do that but not for the time being

numberedjerseys (USA) - Posts: 348 - 21/03/2017 10:04:59    1969390

Link

I've been a critic of Biggy in the past and he has to take some of the blame for us not closing out the game on Sunday, but he shouldn't be dropped unless he's at risk of burning himself out. Remember, he hasn't had a single break between club and intercounty since 2015.
Remember, an average game for him on Sunday still meant he was our top scorer from play. Who would you replace him with.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 21/03/2017 10:38:47    1969405

Link

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "I've been a critic of Biggy in the past and he has to take some of the blame for us not closing out the game on Sunday, but he shouldn't be dropped unless he's at risk of burning himself out. Remember, he hasn't had a single break between club and intercounty since 2015.
Remember, an average game for him on Sunday still meant he was our top scorer from play. Who would you replace him with."
agree,just needs to be aware of what is around him.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 21/03/2017 11:02:11    1969420

Link

Replying To southmeathgael:  "More clowns on here calling for biggy to be dropped I see.....lay down a real marker to the squad??? ......Andy named him in all but name????? I've never heard such horse manure in my life. Andy will not drop biggy and nor should he.........fact"
Well said. If he were from nom he would be lauded. BTW I have nothing against nom.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 21/03/2017 13:34:07    1969485

Link

Replying To grahamc9897:  "Wait until RD sees this....your in trouble :)"
There is not a chance Biggy is going to be dropped...fact. Ok he may not have been fully at the races towards end of game Sunday but i without him...mentally the other players will feel it and will change the whole game play...defo not going to happen!

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 21/03/2017 14:50:42    1969531

Link

I think Andy was just trying to put a rocket up a few players, hopefully it works. As for Biggy, in theory nobody should be above getting dropped but I'd say Andy is unlikely to drop the man he chose to be county captain.

Interesting to see the team posted in the first post in the thread didn't contain Harnan. Any reason why as I know there was a bit of a clamour to have him and Tobin back in the team?

GlasgowRoyal (Meath) - Posts: 293 - 21/03/2017 15:15:44    1969543

Link

Replying To Loyalroyal17:  "There is not a chance Biggy is going to be dropped...fact. Ok he may not have been fully at the races towards end of game Sunday but i without him...mentally the other players will feel it and will change the whole game play...defo not going to happen!"
I am not sure what Biggy did on Sunday so I cant comment . Just a reminder we beat Derry by 14 + points without him. I agree Andy is not going to drop Biggy or even take him of early for that matter. So its just going to be up to Biggy to deliver.

bobkarlgees (Meath) - Posts: 1263 - 21/03/2017 15:27:45    1969547

Link

Replying To GlasgowRoyal:  "I think Andy was just trying to put a rocket up a few players, hopefully it works. As for Biggy, in theory nobody should be above getting dropped but I'd say Andy is unlikely to drop the man he chose to be county captain.

Interesting to see the team posted in the first post in the thread didn't contain Harnan. Any reason why as I know there was a bit of a clamour to have him and Tobin back in the team?"
The team has Harnan at #6.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 21/03/2017 16:27:57    1969577

Link

Replying To bobkarlgees:  "I am not sure what Biggy did on Sunday so I cant comment . Just a reminder we beat Derry by 14 + points without him. I agree Andy is not going to drop Biggy or even take him of early for that matter. So its just going to be up to Biggy to deliver."
Why is no other player subject to the scrutiny in the same manner as biggy? Cos had a poor game on Sunday , Lenehan missed some awful shots, Menton hit hail marys too, McMahon also hit wayward shots, keoghan was been taken to cleaners until moving outfield, now biggy hit a few wayward shots. Still scored 3 from play , was back defending when needed and was fouled for 3 points including free that lead to draw. We could as pointed out complain about many aspects of anyone players wayward passes shots etc, lavin gave ball straight to cork player which lead to point, no individual is above criticism, however dont just pick out one.
Rant over

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 21/03/2017 16:40:29    1969583

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Why is no other player subject to the scrutiny in the same manner as biggy? Cos had a poor game on Sunday , Lenehan missed some awful shots, Menton hit hail marys too, McMahon also hit wayward shots, keoghan was been taken to cleaners until moving outfield, now biggy hit a few wayward shots. Still scored 3 from play , was back defending when needed and was fouled for 3 points including free that lead to draw. We could as pointed out complain about many aspects of anyone players wayward passes shots etc, lavin gave ball straight to cork player which lead to point, no individual is above criticism, however dont just pick out one.
Rant over"
While I do not think Biggie should be dropped I can see why he is critised more. As by far the most talented and the only starter who has beaten Dublin and started on a Leinster winning team he has to be judged to a higher standard. When the most talented and experienced player makes mistakes and doesn't look fully engaged especially when defending it feeds down to the younger lads. It is so disheartening to see lads waltzing out of defence while Biggie has his hands on his hips

LeitrimRoyal99 (Meath) - Posts: 1454 - 21/03/2017 17:05:46    1969592

Link

Replying To LeitrimRoyal99:  "While I do not think Biggie should be dropped I can see why he is critised more. As by far the most talented and the only starter who has beaten Dublin and started on a Leinster winning team he has to be judged to a higher standard. When the most talented and experienced player makes mistakes and doesn't look fully engaged especially when defending it feeds down to the younger lads. It is so disheartening to see lads waltzing out of defence while Biggie has his hands on his hips"
But was bray given same scrutiny? Look I have no problem in calling a spade a spade, Graham Reilly hit some hail marys on Sunday, when pass was better option. Others did same thing.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 21/03/2017 17:35:44    1969606

Link

To be honest it was Biggys attitude I was more disappointed with then his wayward shots.

Barney123 (Meath) - Posts: 676 - 21/03/2017 18:09:51    1969622

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "But was bray given same scrutiny? Look I have no problem in calling a spade a spade, Graham Reilly hit some hail marys on Sunday, when pass was better option. Others did same thing."
Rd you really have to open your mind regarding Biggy.For his potential he is not consistent enough. We all stick up for our club men but you take the biscuit.

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 21/03/2017 18:58:15    1969644

Link

Replying To grahamc9897:  "Rd you really have to open your mind regarding Biggy.For his potential he is not consistent enough. We all stick up for our club men but you take the biscuit."
Nothing got to do with club man or not.
He wasn't the only offender on Sunday. I was there , O'Sullivan biggy Lenehan and Menton made bad errors. No disputing that.
It wasn't bad attitude or anything like that. I just don't understand why he is one been singled out. Andy obviously will have words with those 4 and others . And I would be annoyed if he didn't. These are 4 in particular Meath will look to over the year and they cant keep doing solo efforts when pass is better option. I fully expect it to be sorted very quickly. But there was a time not too long ago when Meath players hadn't the balls to shoot. Its a delicate balance act.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 21/03/2017 19:20:21    1969656

Link

Replying To grahamc9897:  "Rd you really have to open your mind regarding Biggy.For his potential he is not consistent enough. We all stick up for our club men but you take the biscuit."
"Biggy or what ever you want to call him is built up to be something hes not, simply its not his fault, not anything like what some people think he is and should definitely not be judged on a hirer standard than anyone else

otherlad (Meath) - Posts: 137 - 21/03/2017 19:27:29    1969663

Link

Had no problem with GR hitting wayward shots on Sunday, many of his team mates did the same, its when he looses posession and sometimes just gives up (as he did for Corks equalising score). No problem with him making mistakes its how he reacts that can annoy. He is the captain and must lead by example. Have always been a supporter of his and do not think he should be dropped, but he has so much more to offer.

seadog54 (Meath) - Posts: 2135 - 21/03/2017 19:58:02    1969680

Link

Replying To seadog54:  "Had no problem with GR hitting wayward shots on Sunday, many of his team mates did the same, its when he looses posession and sometimes just gives up (as he did for Corks equalising score). No problem with him making mistakes its how he reacts that can annoy. He is the captain and must lead by example. Have always been a supporter of his and do not think he should be dropped, but he has so much more to offer."
seadog 64............Agreed absolutely.......but Andy will handle that now i think .

nobull456 (Meath) - Posts: 1211 - 21/03/2017 21:05:39    1969723

Link