Meath Forum

Meath SHC 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Kiltale and Kilmessan the best two by a mile? Seriously? If Kilmessan were as good as that, they would have won the group by a mile."
Kilmessan did not want to win the group. I can tell you myself we wanted to come second and go into the quarter finals therefore playing an extra game so we will be that little bit sharper against kiltale.

thekillercrow (Meath) - Posts: 26 - 14/09/2017 10:52:22    2045907

Link

Replying To thekillercrow:  "
Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Kiltale and Kilmessan the best two by a mile? Seriously? If Kilmessan were as good as that, they would have won the group by a mile."
Kilmessan did not want to win the group. I can tell you myself we wanted to come second and go into the quarter finals therefore playing an extra game so we will be that little bit sharper against kiltale."
Good one.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 14/09/2017 11:01:06    2045910

Link

Anyone know much about the Junior Final teams?? JHC Final is Trim v Navan O'Mahonys and J"2"HC Final is Kildalkey v Kiltale. There are a few old ex Senior stars playing for those teams still I'd say??

Redsalltheway (Meath) - Posts: 116 - 14/09/2017 12:07:07    2045941

Link

the killer crow is clearly a parody account lads

dunboyne to beat a bad kjildalkey team
kiltale to beat kilmessan in a real battle

nom + na fianna final in the inter with nom winning

kildalkey to collect the clubs only silverware of the year in the junior 2 final

on another note very strange choice of refs for the two senior semi finals?
why are the best refs not doing them?

hurlit (Meath) - Posts: 415 - 14/09/2017 12:48:32    2045950

Link

Replying To hurlit:  "the killer crow is clearly a parody account lads

dunboyne to beat a bad kjildalkey team
kiltale to beat kilmessan in a real battle

nom + na fianna final in the inter with nom winning

kildalkey to collect the clubs only silverware of the year in the junior 2 final

on another note very strange choice of refs for the two senior semi finals?
why are the best refs not doing them?"
Who are the referee's this weekend? Who would you consider the best referee's then? We definitely need more and better referee's for hurling from what I've seen over last number years.

Redsalltheway (Meath) - Posts: 116 - 14/09/2017 13:04:02    2045959

Link

Replying To Redsalltheway:  "Anyone know much about the Junior Final teams?? JHC Final is Trim v Navan O'Mahonys and J"2"HC Final is Kildalkey v Kiltale. There are a few old ex Senior stars playing for those teams still I'd say??"
Trim V O'Mahonys should be a great final. Lot of great ex senior hurlers on Trim team think they will just edge a fiery final.
Kiltale V Kildalkey Think Kiltale will have the edge here think they have the much more experienced team Kildalkey seem quite a young team bar 2 or 3 lads.

Legend TJ (None) - Posts: 4 - 14/09/2017 17:20:26    2046045

Link

Easy enough win for Kiltale even though they never really got out of second gear.
Other game was absolutely awful. The junior final was more entertaining. Why Dunboyne persisted with a defensive system even when they were behind is beyond me.

Kiltale should cruise to their fourth title in a row.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 16/09/2017 19:29:38    2046501

Link

No surprise regarding kiltale result, very strong. Kildalkey won't trouble them. And why was there a referee from Louth doing there match, let alot go and probably cost Dunboyne the game. Where's the referees that ref championship matches so far in? Only fixture all week saying ref TBC.

Bugsy (Meath) - Posts: 58 - 16/09/2017 19:37:48    2046502

Link

Replying To Bugsy:  "No surprise regarding kiltale result, very strong. Kildalkey won't trouble them. And why was there a referee from Louth doing there match, let alot go and probably cost Dunboyne the game. Where's the referees that ref championship matches so far in? Only fixture all week saying ref TBC."
Kevin Brady is an inter county ref and referees hurling as it should be too many hurling refs are whistle happy

numberedjerseys (USA) - Posts: 348 - 16/09/2017 22:31:40    2046546

Link

No fixture confirmed for the final yet. Hopefully the county board won't fix it for the 1st of October as it will directly clash with the camogie replay.
As there's a Donaghue (kiltale)and a Keogh (kildalkey) involved in the camogie hopefully both clubs will agree to play it Saturday 30th or the following weekend.

begining (UK) - Posts: 300 - 17/09/2017 10:44:55    2046614

Link

hopefully the intermediate and senior finals are played on the saturday evening at 3pm and 5pm. the camogie final on sunday effects na fianna, kildalkey and kiltale.

intermediate final will be very close. best two teams in the intermediate grade and its whoever plays best on the day will win. if na fianna can stop mikey kelly they have a great chance as they have more scorers than navan have.

senior final may not be as close. kiltale are heads and shoulders above every other team in the county. kildalkey have struggled in almost all games this year. its very hard to see anything but a comfortable kiltale win. only concern is kiltale havent been tested, but this may be the case in the final also. it would be great to see them finally win a leinster championship.

overthehill72 (Meath) - Posts: 334 - 18/09/2017 10:56:25    2047328

Link

Replying To overthehill72:  "hopefully the intermediate and senior finals are played on the saturday evening at 3pm and 5pm. the camogie final on sunday effects na fianna, kildalkey and kiltale.

intermediate final will be very close. best two teams in the intermediate grade and its whoever plays best on the day will win. if na fianna can stop mikey kelly they have a great chance as they have more scorers than navan have.

senior final may not be as close. kiltale are heads and shoulders above every other team in the county. kildalkey have struggled in almost all games this year. its very hard to see anything but a comfortable kiltale win. only concern is kiltale havent been tested, but this may be the case in the final also. it would be great to see them finally win a leinster championship."
what can you say about dunboyne , every year they avoid kiltale so get the easier route to final
and every year they still falter , should have won sat in what was a terrible affair

the ref for second game was prob the worst i have saw for such a important game , id expect it in junior or inter but not senior semi
players looked like they had no idea what he was blowing for or who free was even for
have we nobody better available?
if it was a tight game it could have cost either team

hurlit (Meath) - Posts: 415 - 18/09/2017 14:45:31    2047492

Link

Replying To hurlit:  "what can you say about dunboyne , every year they avoid kiltale so get the easier route to final
and every year they still falter , should have won sat in what was a terrible affair

the ref for second game was prob the worst i have saw for such a important game , id expect it in junior or inter but not senior semi
players looked like they had no idea what he was blowing for or who free was even for
if it was a tight game it could have cost either team"
Have to say the standard of refereeing in the championship this year has been awful. Some ridiculous decision in a lot of games. Its not doing Hurling in the county any favours. To much soft stuff being blown and not enough free flowing Hurling being played.

hurlinglad15 (Meath) - Posts: 36 - 18/09/2017 17:36:09    2047606

Link

Replying To hurlinglad15:  "Have to say the standard of refereeing in the championship this year has been awful. Some ridiculous decision in a lot of games. Its not doing Hurling in the county any favours. To much soft stuff being blown and not enough free flowing Hurling being played."
Agreed. And this is reflected in the standard of free taking in the county, it is as high as any county in Ireland! Why? because team managements know that they will get at least 10 scoreable frees per game so the more you convert the greater your chances are.

MillerX (Meath) - Posts: 1062 - 19/09/2017 07:40:14    2047880

Link

Replying To hurlit:  "what can you say about dunboyne , every year they avoid kiltale so get the easier route to final

if it was a tight game it could have cost either team"
Agree totally with your comments about the refereeing of the 2nd game on Saturday. Thought it was ruined. Referee had no concept of the tackle, if a player carried into contact the referee was blowing the whistle and it was a lottery as to which way he'd point.

For Meath hurling to improve we need a standard of refereeing that is consistent across all Matches. Nick Fitz, Fergus Smith and Conor Ferguson are 3 of the best we have at the minute in terms of letting the game go. Others could learn from them.

I'm hearing that the final is going to be Saturday 30th? Still no official word. KIldalkey are going to have to throw the kitchen sink at Kiltale.

begining (UK) - Posts: 300 - 19/09/2017 09:29:47    2047907

Link

SURELY COMMON SENSE WILL PREVAIL AND IT WILL BE ON SATURDAY 30TH ALONG WITH INTERMEDIATE, ITS WHAT BOTH CLUBS WANT AND ALL HURLING SUPPORTERS

dickie10 (UK) - Posts: 687 - 19/09/2017 12:41:36    2048028

Link

Why is there such a delay with this
county board knew all along the dates

huge problem i would think is moynalvey playing senior 1/4 final this sunday
alot of those will then be asked to play possibly 5 days later on the sat in a senior final
are ballivor playing this weeknd aswell?

hurlit (Meath) - Posts: 415 - 19/09/2017 16:01:58    2048150

Link

yeah moynalvey football is a problem, ballivor are playing saturday evening huge match relegation play off vs longwood. only two kildalkey hurlers play with them now though. it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt play for ballivor saturday

dickie10 (UK) - Posts: 687 - 19/09/2017 20:35:35    2048272

Link

Na Fianna and Navan O'Mahonys made hard work of winning semi's last week in IHC, I thought both would win easily. Interesting Final all the same as I would regard both as Senior Clubs. In Senior semi's Kiltale were comfortable v Kilmessan and had a lot in reserve, look like they are eyeing up Leinster already. Dunboyne had a big chance to make Final but just didn't do enough in forward line against a tough Kildalkey defence. Kildalkey will need to improve a 100% to even stay competitive v Kiltale. Does anyone give them a chance???

Redsalltheway (Meath) - Posts: 116 - 22/09/2017 17:07:00    2049402

Link

any team in a final has a chance. although it is small chance. if kildalkey can keep it tight for the first half then kiltale may begin to panic. if kiltale get off to a good start and go 4 or 5 points up within 15 mins then id say its curtains. hopefully kildalkey put in a good display and keep it to 5 or 6 points, but if they play badly on the day it could be a mauling. kildalkey wont concede much though so there is hope although they wont score much either so thats the killer. 1-12 wont be near enough to win. kiltale are very dangerous at scoring 1-3 or 1-4 in a 5 minute spell thats what killed kildalkey in 2015.

dickie10 (UK) - Posts: 687 - 25/09/2017 12:24:56    2050274

Link