Meath Forum

Meath SHC 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Flash27:  "Well how do people see the second round going. I only got 3 out of 6 predictions right fir the first round so will see what happens here.
Kiltale v Killyon. Big game of the second round here Kiltale looked very impressive against Kildalkey and look like they are going to be hard stopped for 4 in a row. Killyon struggled for a good while against a dogged Blackhall and they will have to up it alot to trouble Kiltale. Kiltale by 4
Boardsmill v Blackhall. Blackhall battled well against Killyon and will take a good bit from that Boardsmill seem to be struggling hard to see them taking anything here. Blackhall by 6
Dunderry v Kildalkey. Dunderry will be delighted to get win over Boardsmill pressure of relegation should be off. Kildalkey were really poor against Kiltale and I'm sure they will be out to rectify that. Kildalkey by 10
Dunboyne v Ratoath. Once again Dunboyne flatter to decieve but wil be happy enough with some aspects of their game. Ratoath proved there not just up to make up the numbers and with a bit of luck could have caused a big shock. This one could be tight again but Dunboyne jyst to sneak it Dunboyne by 1.
Kilmessan v Clann na gael. Can only be obe winner here Kilmessan will be glad to have come away with the win against Ratoath who will prob cause a shock somewhere along the way. Clan na gael look like there going to struggle at times they put it up to Longwood but left too much to do. Kilmessan by 12.
Trim v Longwood. Trim surprised me a bit in the first round they were really impressive against Dunboyne especially in the second half. Longwood did just enough against Clan na gael and will be looking for a top 3 spot now. This one could be tight but I'll go for Trim by 3."
Kiltale v killyon: fancy kiltale by 5 should be close but with the likes of mark o Sullivan and James Kelly kiltale should win.
Boardsmill v blackhall: boardsmill in a very bad place look certain for relegation. BHG by 7.
Dunderry v kildalkey: easy easy easy for kildalkey fancy them by at least 20. Dunderry happy to have avoided relegation.
Dunboyne v ratoath: should be very tight here fancy ratoath if all players fit to cause an upset. Ratoath by 1.
Kilmessan v athboy. Easy win for kilmessan with the likes of Kevin Keena in the forwards CNG won't be able to live with them. Kilmessan by 20.
Trim v Longwood: if Burke plays for Longwood I fancy them to shade it. If not trim should win easy. Trim by 6

thekillercrow (Meath) - Posts: 26 - 15/06/2017 14:05:56    1999948

Link

Replying To thekillercrow:  "Kiltale v killyon: fancy kiltale by 5 should be close but with the likes of mark o Sullivan and James Kelly kiltale should win.
Boardsmill v blackhall: boardsmill in a very bad place look certain for relegation. BHG by 7.
Dunderry v kildalkey: easy easy easy for kildalkey fancy them by at least 20. Dunderry happy to have avoided relegation.
Dunboyne v ratoath: should be very tight here fancy ratoath if all players fit to cause an upset. Ratoath by 1.
Kilmessan v athboy. Easy win for kilmessan with the likes of Kevin Keena in the forwards CNG won't be able to live with them. Kilmessan by 20.
Trim v Longwood: if Burke plays for Longwood I fancy them to shade it. If not trim should win easy. Trim by 6"
isw o sullivan not suspended, no shane magann i understand for kiltale or gannon for killyon

StickFan (Meath) - Posts: 217 - 15/06/2017 15:11:25    1999973

Link

Went to see Kilmessan and Clan Na Gael yesterday - Clan Na Gael were unlucky with the goal as it hopped on the astro turf and bounced over keeper and that was the changing of the game. Kilmessan kicked on from there. My issue is for SHC match it was disgraceful to see only one umpire on one side and this was for most of the match until a issue arose about a point (which was wide) then a gentleman joined the umpire (a little to late). At this level there should be at least the total of 4 umpires. In the first half there was a point called and again it was wide (this was on the side with the 2 umpires) the lines person called the ref but as he was associated with the club he was not noticed. If it was a close game were would Meath Co Board be. Both teams are training and giving it there all and this is not good enough. I am unsure if the club that hosted the game had any officials supplied. Just thought it is very wrong and something that should be noted.

ALLGAA32 (Meath) - Posts: 64 - 19/06/2017 11:26:45    2001690

Link

Replying To ALLGAA32:  "Went to see Kilmessan and Clan Na Gael yesterday - Clan Na Gael were unlucky with the goal as it hopped on the astro turf and bounced over keeper and that was the changing of the game. Kilmessan kicked on from there. My issue is for SHC match it was disgraceful to see only one umpire on one side and this was for most of the match until a issue arose about a point (which was wide) then a gentleman joined the umpire (a little to late). At this level there should be at least the total of 4 umpires. In the first half there was a point called and again it was wide (this was on the side with the 2 umpires) the lines person called the ref but as he was associated with the club he was not noticed. If it was a close game were would Meath Co Board be. Both teams are training and giving it there all and this is not good enough. I am unsure if the club that hosted the game had any officials supplied. Just thought it is very wrong and something that should be noted."
For all championship games, all officials(Umpires and Linesmen) should be neutral. Ref should bring at least two umpires and the remaining should be supplied by the host club. The linesmen should also ideally be refs from the host club so that in the event of the ref picking up some injury, there is a replacement.

If the host club cannot supply this amount of ppl to a championship match, then they should not be given any more matches for the remainder of the the year.

juicy (Meath) - Posts: 399 - 19/06/2017 11:43:26    2001700

Link

Shocked blackhall couldn't get over boardsmill. Big missed opportunity for boardsmill to get a win on the board especially conceding that free to Whitty at the end. Easy win for kilmessan as predicted kevin Keena on fire. Really looking forward to tonight's game big question is will the county footballers be allowed play...

thekillercrow (Meath) - Posts: 26 - 19/06/2017 12:25:13    2001754

Link

Replying To thekillercrow:  "Shocked blackhall couldn't get over boardsmill. Big missed opportunity for boardsmill to get a win on the board especially conceding that free to Whitty at the end. Easy win for kilmessan as predicted kevin Keena on fire. Really looking forward to tonight's game big question is will the county footballers be allowed play..."
Blackhall are no great shakes, especially with Stephen Morris gone. They benefited last year from being in the same group as 3 of the weakest teams.

Boardsmill are doing well to be picking up any points considering the players they've lost but a win would have been huge and would have dragged Dunderry and Blackhall in to the relegation dogfight. I'd expect Blackhall to beat Dunderry to keep themselves safe, Dunderry have lost key players to J1s.

Belt (Meath) - Posts: 253 - 19/06/2017 12:33:33    2001760

Link

Replying To juicy:  "For all championship games, all officials(Umpires and Linesmen) should be neutral. Ref should bring at least two umpires and the remaining should be supplied by the host club. The linesmen should also ideally be refs from the host club so that in the event of the ref picking up some injury, there is a replacement.

If the host club cannot supply this amount of ppl to a championship match, then they should not be given any more matches for the remainder of the the year."
Considering how many articles we've seen over the last few years about how we've a shortage of refs for hurling games, I think asking for 3 referees per match is a bit ambitious!

CastleBravo (Meath) - Posts: 1643 - 19/06/2017 13:07:09    2001786

Link

Replying To CastleBravo:  "Considering how many articles we've seen over the last few years about how we've a shortage of refs for hurling games, I think asking for 3 referees per match is a bit ambitious!"
Wouldnt be refering to having three ref but totally understand the point. The majority of clubs will have one available, albeit they may not be great, so if one of these could run the line alongside another club person (May also force some clubs to start having more refs). Again that would be the ideal to ensure that the game could be completed should the ref pick up an injury.

Definitely all people involved in a championship match should be neutral.

juicy (Meath) - Posts: 399 - 19/06/2017 13:52:38    2001836

Link

Well with the seconf round now over how do people think the championship is going.
I got into see 2 games myself and I have to

Flash27 (Meath) - Posts: 55 - 20/06/2017 16:09:54    2002630

Link

Well with the seconf round now over how do people think the championship is going.
I got into see 2 games myself and I have to say they were both crackers. First one Kiltale v Killyon 8 pints in the end definitely flattered kiltale because right up to 5 mins to go it looked like anyones game. The game really hinged on two things Killyons missed pen just before half time and Kiltale goal bout 10 mins into second half which prob never should have stood dont think you can do what Regan did with free.
Second one was trim v Longwood. Longwood really surprised me and for a long time looked very like causing a shock and I can see them making the quarters if they keep going. Trim as good as qualified now and look like they are definitely contenders.
Other matches all went as expected I suppose except for Boardsmill gettin a draw with blackhall and from all accounts could have won it. Clann na gael did well against Kilmessan for a good bit of the game and will be happy with their performance. Dunboyne be glad to get back to winning ways with a potential banana skin out of the way not much to be said about the other game unfortunately only a handy win for Kildalkey.
From where I see it Kiltale still out in front with the main challengers going to come from Trim, Killyon and Kildalkey and outsiders after that been Dunboyne, Longwood and Kilmessan after that its going to be a dog fight to avoid relegation

Flash27 (Meath) - Posts: 55 - 20/06/2017 16:22:18    2002640

Link

Trim missing 1 or 2 from the other night I hear. Plus an injury to one player
So with mcgee carrying an injury Andrews misusing for some reason and moran also. Surely with them lads back in the team they will be even stronger

lordofthecrack (Meath) - Posts: 43 - 20/06/2017 20:34:40    2002767

Link

Killyon 8-34 Dunderry 0-11
Is that score correct? I can't recall seeing such a massive defeat. Have Dunderry basically given up since they beat Boardsmill in round one and are pretty much safe? They've conceded 11-57 in thetwo games since that win.

Mickey Burke sent off this evening. Idiotic from him given his experience.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 11/07/2017 22:31:01    2015301

Link

Good win for Ratoath last night. They're a good addition to the SHC this year compared to some of the teams competing this year. All other games were non events, hopefully next round throws up a few decent games.

Redsalltheway (Meath) - Posts: 116 - 12/07/2017 10:31:00    2015427

Link

Just saw that Trim bet Killyon in the league, are they contenders? Saw them against Longwood, Heffernan looks to be on fire plus they seem to have a good bench to unload as well.

Meathman678 (Meath) - Posts: 63 - 22/07/2017 00:38:05    2020761

Link

I won't lie, I like a flutter! You lads are great for posting predictions on here, I saw Kiltale had an easy tonight against Boardsmill.

What's predictions for the Meath SHC matches this weekend, Trim tomorrow night,

Wicklowman (Wicklow) - Posts: 1138 - 27/07/2017 23:30:49    2024701

Link

I won't lie, I like a flutter! You lads are great for posting predictions on here, I saw Kiltale had an easy tonight against Boardsmill.

What's predictions for the Meath SHC matches this weekend, Trim tomorrow night,

Wicklowman (Wicklow) - Posts: 1138 - 27/07/2017 23:46:00    2024705

Link

Predictions
Kilmessan v Trim, close call here, will be very tough, Trim by 2 but wont be surprised if Kilmessan were to edge it,red cards could be used,
Longwood v Dunboyne, Dunboyne by 8,
CNG V Ratoath, Ratoath by 5
BHG V Dunderry, BHG by 3
Killyon V Kildalkey, will be tough here aswell, red cards could be used here aswell, Killyon will fancy this, Kildalkey need it, Kildalkey by 2

StickFan (Meath) - Posts: 217 - 28/07/2017 13:39:01    2024872

Link

Trim v kilmessan: game of the weekend in my opinion think kilmessan will edge it Kevin Keena has been in tantalising form this season he should carry them over the line. Kilmessan by 1.
CNG v ratoath: must win for the athboy men. Think ratoath have more scoring threat. Ratoath by 5.
Dunboyne v Longwood: Quigley a massive loss for dunboyne. Could go either way. Dunboyne by 1.
BHG v Dunderry: blackhall should have too much for depleted dunderry. Whitty will do untold from frees. BHG by 8.
Killyon v kildalkey: should be a classic. 2 great teams and local rivals. Killyon by 3.

thekillercrow (Meath) - Posts: 26 - 28/07/2017 15:09:18    2024934

Link

Kilmessan - trim was one way traffic.

showforit (Meath) - Posts: 156 - 29/07/2017 00:08:56    2025196

Link

Wasn't expecting that result. Thought Kilmessan were average in their first game against us and would have expected Trim to win relatively easily.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 29/07/2017 13:09:43    2025312

Link