Meath v Louth

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

time for banty to go

1987 (Meath) - Posts: 95 - 08/04/2012 16:17:58    1146055

Link

what was the final score??

tonytookamotor (Meath) - Posts: 139 - 08/04/2012 16:18:12    1146056

Link

Terrific win for louth.. they played a stormer, and well deserved!

and major surgery for meath... from the top..from a chairman who thought Boylan quitting was an April fools joke, according to the media!

sob (Meath) - Posts: 492 - 08/04/2012 16:23:38    1146070

Link

I left at half-time and I apologise to nobody for doing so.
A thundering disgrace.
Everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

Coylers Elbow (Meath) - Posts: 1075 - 08/04/2012 16:23:46    1146071

Link

Clonardlad i think your post is whats wrong with a lot of people in Meath you still believe the players are in the county there not ?? just look at our Minors , u21 , Junior county teams ,and our senior club teams when did any of these teams last win anything we are still living in the boylan eara still thinking we are top team . . You cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear

mmc (Meath) - Posts: 266 - 08/04/2012 16:26:19    1146075

Link

every player should be ashamed of themselves no heart,no fight,no spirit,everyone of the management team should be ashamed of themselves too,and every member of the county board should take a long hard look at themselves
i hear alot of voices saying BANTY OUT but i actually feel sorry for the man..when you have a county board like ours stuck in the dark ages and one which has done nothing to bring forward football in our county from underage structure to coaching how in all fairness can you expect to produce a competitive senior team?you cant!!
how can it be that when i go to my local pitch i see guys who have never kicked a ball in their lives and are at best pub talkers coaching underage teams?and the likes of that is happening all over the county...
we're in division 3 where we deserve to be

blind ref (Meath) - Posts: 204 - 08/04/2012 16:34:19    1146086

Link

well for the 1st time in 19 years i left a meath game early (halfway through 2nd half), i said at the time he got the job that i taught banty would do nothing for us and i take no pleasure in the state meath football is in now, people on here said eamonn o'brien was to slow to make changes and had to go well i'd love to know what these people think, cos it looks like he was working a bloody miracle with them. yes we dont have the players we had in the past but they are better then the effort he is getting out of them and im still scratching my head like most of last year as to what our gameplan is. i heard a few weeks ago that all is not well behind the scenes and its certainly looking the case now.

The.Rock (Meath) - Posts: 582 - 08/04/2012 16:35:01    1146088

Link

mmc

That same group of player, bar maybe 3 or 4 players, got to 2 all-ireland semi-finals and won a leinster in the past 5 years, they're not that bad!!!

tonytookamotor (Meath) - Posts: 139 - 08/04/2012 16:36:02    1146093

Link

'Won a Leinster'!
'WON A LEINSTER'!
Is it any wonder we're in the state we are when there are people in the county that actually take pride in the fact we were awarded the leinster title in 2010.
Wake up for the love of god.
We got a couple of handy draws and sneaked into two all-ireland semi-finals.
We were annihilated in one and comfortably beaten in the other.

Coylers Elbow (Meath) - Posts: 1075 - 08/04/2012 16:42:22    1146103

Link

Awful performance by Meath. I should of stayed at home, but it has to be said congrats to Louth. They came down as the apparent underdogs and showed our lads how to play football. Bad day to be a Meath man...

Col12 (Meath) - Posts: 35 - 08/04/2012 16:45:49    1146106

Link

tonytookamotor are you still claiming that leinster because i would'nt and as for the semi finals both Cork and Kerry hammered . They are that bad just look at todays game

mmc (Meath) - Posts: 266 - 08/04/2012 16:46:11    1146107

Link

mmc is right, most of us here have been saying for years the whole underage set up in the county needs to be changed, the amount of games clubs play during the year from underage level upto even senior level is not good enough to keep lads and especially the underage lads interested, you can play soccer from august to march and be nearly guaranteed a game every week, you play gaa and you could have a game every 2 weeks at the start then during the summer they dry up like a desert. until that is sorted meath football is going nowhere.

The.Rock (Meath) - Posts: 582 - 08/04/2012 16:49:39    1146117

Link

Was geraghty on the line today? Was the story with all the lads sitting in the dugout at half time and not going in with the rest of the team?

Jinxie (Meath) - Posts: 6342 - 08/04/2012 16:49:52    1146118

Link

I stayed til the end but I wish I hadn't. What an absolute embarrassment. Even in the past when we thought we hit bottom (Cavan, Limerick, Wexford etc.) at least there was a bit of fight and pride to keep the scoreline somewhat respectable. From the first 5 minutes of the game today, you could see that something was dreadfully wrong. Players were jogging after their men and not even looking for the ball on the odd occasion we had it.
But maybe division 3 will be the best thing to happen to us as hopefully it'll force the necessary changes to be made. We fluked survival last season which prolonged the inevitable. While I agree that others are partially to blame, Banty simply has to go. His tactics have been woeful and we have not played well for any part of the last 4 games. Members of the county board also need to take a long hard look at themselves. Too many auld fellas there for far too long.

Well done Louth (though I'd hate to be around ye if ye actually won some silverware). Totally dominant from the first minute ad even when the Meath goal went in, they never panicked.
For the first time in my life, I'm actually embarrassed to be a Meath fan.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 08/04/2012 16:51:23    1146122

Link

it was embarrassing.. a half hearted effort.. meath looked so sluggish, tired even.. not taken anything away from Louth, the knew what they had to do... and did it!

sob (Meath) - Posts: 492 - 08/04/2012 17:05:32    1146153

Link

Banty should resign. I have never called for a manager to go before but this is disgraceful. And the are 2 reasons to go. 1. They players seem to be just going through motions and his selection of brian farrell today leaves a lot to be desired. 2 is actually for himself I am sure he will have success with another county maybe even monaghan again but he will get nothing out of meath.

As for the players dear god not one of them have pride in there jersey. I am disgusted with the vast majority. They don't even try. and for first time in 30 years I left a game early. I couldn't stand it anymore. The game is up lads forget about managers who can cone in we need at least 12 squad members too.

Sad sad day. Heartbreaking

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 08/04/2012 17:07:31    1146160

Link

Every player over the age of 24 should be dropped off that panel.
No exceptions.

Coylers Elbow (Meath) - Posts: 1075 - 08/04/2012 17:09:01    1146162

Link

Jinxie,

noticed that too things aren't right in the set up especially if subs aren't even in changing room at HT

theres two choices, get rid of banty and try get a meath man in with a game plan and give these players a right kick up the arse and wake up, to pull on the green and gold and moan and let your man stroll by you is unforgivable, you had a decent crowd there today and they produced that muck, there was no game plan, in the first half you had 3 men stood in on th square offering no movement or options to half backs or midfield, bray was playing between lines and kenny was in the half back line, its no over exaggeration to say there was NO half forward line so any long ball kicked in was easily mopped up. Countless times from frees we had in our own half there was nobody showing and the ball had to go sideways or backwards. Twice in first half i noticed o conner and tobin marking thin air not a man near them, then the loose louth man would charge at the full back line.

In the first half we had the win in our face we tried to kick it long into the wind, in second half with the wind we insisted on chipping it short? doesn't take an experienced manager to see this is bizarre. if your talking players ratings its grim

1. Gallagher- got his kick outs wrong, long into wind and short with the wind???
2. O Conner- far too loose on his man never challenged him to a ball, far to happy to stand off
3. King- did ok i though can't have to many issues with him
4. Burke- At least showed some effort but doesn't look comfortable in the full back line, his man ran riot off him
5. Tobin- felt he was lucky to stay on and o conner going off, his man roasted him both at 5 and back in the corner
6. Menton- rare positive, looked good in at chb, no fuss
7. Mcanarney- lacked pace and strength, let his man walk all over him, at one stage standing off a 50-50 ball
8. Meade- broke a few good balls but lacks the dynamism to play inter county centre field, no change of pace and another red
9. Ward- lets give up on this now, no athleticism, almost every time had keenan slap the ball out of his hands from kicks to a point for he was stalking ward and letting him jump then disposing him, not good enough
8 and 9. Cant follow their men, can't get forward effectively, at one stage as louth attacked they were 30 yards behind the ball trotting back, shambolic
10. reilly, in fairness starved of the ball, tried to get at them when he got the ball but can't do it all on his own
11. Bray- a class act in fairness, looked for the ball, got out well and kicked few good scores
12. kenny- something not right here? shadow of himself
13. ward- nothing coming in at him, got a few balls in front, was and will never be a massive game changer on his own
14. queeney- wastefull, slow, poor target man
15. farrell- we all saw his performance

16. walsh- looked bright took his goal well, needs to be in the 15
17. lenehen- did ok, lost the ball once or twice but would be rusty considering hasn't been played, is the future so needs to be in there

I travelled today to see meath as i have done and will do but this level is an embarrassment to meath football, banty must go, two games in row being beaten by half time is not good enough and surrendering our division 2 status IN navan to louth of all teams, get him out, get a meath man in and start from scratch with basic pride and passion in pulling on the green and gold

Thejoeshow (Meath) - Posts: 687 - 08/04/2012 17:11:06    1146167

Link

For all the talk about the massive commitment it takes to be an intercounty footballer, how come so many of our players don't even look fit?
The Louth players were buzzing around making lots of runs in the first half and our lads looked knackered.
What the hell do they do at training?

Coylers Elbow (Meath) - Posts: 1075 - 08/04/2012 17:16:31    1146177

Link

Well done louth ,excecuted the game plan with style.
Gg spoke with banty once,stayed un dugout.those club delegates who ousted eob must be redfaced tonight ,eh ? So what about banty well he should head home and that will be that.so we are still without a manager what about temp asking trevor giles for championship ? ,but we can all now agree were at rock bottom ,so lets are acknowlage that the co board are under scrunity also and cannot be brushed aside yet again.new manger,new co.board ,new stadium .

royalpainter (Meath) - Posts: 874 - 08/04/2012 17:17:09    1146180

Link