Meath Forum

Meath clubs in Leinster

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Northsidegaels:  "Think it certainly hit a low point a couple of years back when o mahonys won 2 in a row without anyone really laying a glove on them, there was a shortage of good teams then but that has definitely improved in the last couple of years. Your statement about summerhill winning 3 in a row nowadays is ridiculous really and pointless people in a few years time could point to a good dunboyne team not winning one at present and make the same arguement, Simonstown were very unlucky to lose to a good rhode team last year so dont understand the big panic on here"
The Dunboyne side today would not compete with the teams i mentioned. Overall point is standards have dropped steadily.

Analyst (Meath) - Posts: 1467 - 19/10/2017 11:18:13    2056176

Link

Getting away from the utterly tiresome bickering that seems to infest every single thread on here: Best of luck to NOM and Meath Hill at the weekend.
NOM have a hell of a task against the Kilkenny junior champions John Lockes. Kilkenny teams have won 13 of the 16 championships that have been played. Would be great to see them win, but I can't see it happening.
Meath Hill make their first appearance in Leinster against the Louth champions Glen Emmets. Meath Hill are slight favourites but it'll be very difficult I'd say.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 19/10/2017 11:47:24    2056185

Link

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Getting away from the utterly tiresome bickering that seems to infest every single thread on here: Best of luck to NOM and Meath Hill at the weekend.
NOM have a hell of a task against the Kilkenny junior champions John Lockes. Kilkenny teams have won 13 of the 16 championships that have been played. Would be great to see them win, but I can't see it happening.
Meath Hill make their first appearance in Leinster against the Louth champions Glen Emmets. Meath Hill are slight favourites but it'll be very difficult I'd say."
Well said hopefully they can both do well only 12 senior clubs in kilkenny make the lower grades ultra competitive but o mahonys are as good an intermediate side as you'll see in meath so hopefully they perform well. Haven't a clue about the Louth champions what's the standard of junior football in Louth like?

Northsidegaels (Meath) - Posts: 237 - 19/10/2017 16:26:19    2056268

Link

Replying To thelutch:  "not bad D.......these nordy meath men hard to listen too ;)"
Oh impossible E. they drive you up the wall. Look at the cows fellow not even knowing bricks is in Meath. Worse still he equated it with westmeath, bad enough if Offaly, that at least is excusable

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 19/10/2017 17:19:30    2056295

Link

Replying To Northsidegaels:  "Well said hopefully they can both do well only 12 senior clubs in kilkenny make the lower grades ultra competitive but o mahonys are as good an intermediate side as you'll see in meath so hopefully they perform well. Haven't a clue about the Louth champions what's the standard of junior football in Louth like?"
The Glen Emmett's are from Tullyallen just outside of Drogheda. They are right on the Meath border. They would of been third fav's to win the Louth Junior Championship behind Roche and Glyde. They have reached five Louth Junior Championship finals in the past seven years. The only other time that they won the Junior Championship in that time was in 2012. On that occasion the Glens played Clogherinkoe from Kildare in the quarter-finals in the Leinster Junior Championship and lost by five points. Not too many Glens men have played with the Wee County. The most well known player is Conor Grimes. He is away for the year this season. He became the first Glens man to play with Louth in Croke Park in 2014 when Kildare trashed Louth. The men to watch out for the Glens is James Butler and Ronan Grufferty. No Louth club has won this competition but three have reached the final. In 2009 the Mochs were beaten by Longwood after a replay. In 2011 the Feckins were beaten by Ballivor. In 2013 Hunterstown were beaten by Kildare's Two Mile House.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 19/10/2017 18:07:42    2056311

Link

Replying To OLLIE:  "The Glen Emmett's are from Tullyallen just outside of Drogheda. They are right on the Meath border. They would of been third fav's to win the Louth Junior Championship behind Roche and Glyde. They have reached five Louth Junior Championship finals in the past seven years. The only other time that they won the Junior Championship in that time was in 2012. On that occasion the Glens played Clogherinkoe from Kildare in the quarter-finals in the Leinster Junior Championship and lost by five points. Not too many Glens men have played with the Wee County. The most well known player is Conor Grimes. He is away for the year this season. He became the first Glens man to play with Louth in Croke Park in 2014 when Kildare trashed Louth. The men to watch out for the Glens is James Butler and Ronan Grufferty. No Louth club has won this competition but three have reached the final. In 2009 the Mochs were beaten by Longwood after a replay. In 2011 the Feckins were beaten by Ballivor. In 2013 Hunterstown were beaten by Kildare's Two Mile House."
Good man Ollie should be a good game so!

Northsidegaels (Meath) - Posts: 237 - 20/10/2017 16:30:39    2056622

Link

Replying To Northsidegaels:  "Good man Ollie should be a good game so!"
Hopefully the game will go ahead tomorrow.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 20/10/2017 19:13:17    2056686

Link

NOM's game called off. I see Meath Hill's game suffering the same fate.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 21/10/2017 11:43:00    2056770

Link

What odds on a meath double curraha and Meath Hill. Both away but both decent teams

Brownepat (Meath) - Posts: 532 - 02/11/2017 09:24:52    2059691

Link

Well done kiltale and curraha, what an advert kiltale are for meath hurling, wonder how they'd compete in the leinster senior? Hard luck meath hill doubt leinster was high on their priorities

Northsidegaels (Meath) - Posts: 237 - 04/11/2017 15:54:18    2060438

Link

Went to the Kiltale match on Saturday not a bad game. The Harps gave Kiltale a run for there money. They brought them back to 3 points and were lucky James Kelly was outstanding. They just seem like they die out of games and there stick work is not as good as it was last year. Maybe I am wrong but there next opponents will be up for it. That will be some test for the Kiltale boys. The sending off seemed strange. The referee didn't see it he went to his linesman beside the stand he seemed like he didn't see anything and then the ref was going back to play when the linesman on the other side the terrace side called him over. Now how he could see anything was beyond us all as the incident happened just to the left of the dugouts nearer to the stand. Anyway it was him that had the input that got Mark O'Sullivan red carded. Even the The Harps players were taken back they shock there head. It was all strange and it in the last half a minute. The next day out should be a good one.

ALLGAA32 (Meath) - Posts: 64 - 06/11/2017 11:32:59    2060738

Link

Simonstown win handy, Vincents out, Portlaois out. Carlsberg don't do Leinster club championships for Meath fans but if they did ....

LeitrimRoyal99 (Meath) - Posts: 1456 - 12/11/2017 15:30:22    2061812

Link

Great win for Simonstown today, well done to all, and both Vincent's and Portlaoise beaten!!! Leinster Championship is wide open now, St Lomans next for Simonstown I believe

Richieq (Meath) - Posts: 3734 - 12/11/2017 15:32:16    2061813

Link

Good win for Simonstown,heard McGrath and Gallagher were excellent.
Tough one away to Lomans next.

ziggy320001 (Meath) - Posts: 2432 - 12/11/2017 16:33:36    2061835

Link

Replying To ziggy320001:  "Good win for Simonstown,heard McGrath and Gallagher were excellent.
Tough one away to Lomans next."
I don't care if simonstown win Leinster (obviously love to see it) but they have to beat lomans. Not even cause they the Meath club. But cause I would shout for Isis at this stage against lomans. I will be there to cheer on simonstown. Please for the love of god don't get beat.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 12/11/2017 17:06:06    2061848

Link

Excellent win for Simonstown....

WhyTheLongFace (Meath) - Posts: 876 - 12/11/2017 17:11:24    2061849

Link

Well done to Simonstown today. However, I expect St Loman's to win this game. Very strong team and Heslin is a top class forward. Why the hatred towards Loman's RoyalDunne?

RoylerKing (Meath) - Posts: 809 - 12/11/2017 21:06:30    2061938

Link

Well done kilmessan camogie team on a fantastic win today. Absolutely wonderful performance from a tantalising group of girls

thekillercrow (Meath) - Posts: 26 - 12/11/2017 22:45:55    2061965

Link

Replying To thekillercrow:  "Well done kilmessan camogie team on a fantastic win today. Absolutely wonderful performance from a tantalising group of girls"
I may be completely wrong on this, but I am not sure that "tantalising" is quite the word you are looking for. If it is, then that is quite a peculiar post.

anfearbeag (Meath) - Posts: 1134 - 13/11/2017 01:24:14    2061979

Link

Replying To anfearbeag:  "I may be completely wrong on this, but I am not sure that "tantalising" is quite the word you are looking for. If it is, then that is quite a peculiar post."
Lol!

ziggy320001 (Meath) - Posts: 2432 - 13/11/2017 08:01:02    2061986

Link