Meath Forum

Meath clubs in Leinster

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To royaldunne:  "It's depressing but personally I think lomans mullanaghta will be salivating thinking about a possible meeting with a Meath club. I'm very aware of lomans and I would love anyone to beat them but been honest they are a far superior side to anything within Meath at minute. And westmeath club scene is very vibrant and tough to win, I nearly got shot last year when I said most of the top 4 teams in westmeath would win keegan cup, nothing will change unless a structure is put in place, it wouldn't magically make good teams but it will prepare them better for Leinster. Nothing would make me happier than for either simonstown or summerhill to reach fina in Leinster, I hope it happens and I will be first on here to say how proud l am. So come on lads let's do this. And no matter who wins let everyone in county get behind them in Leinster."
And you also said your own club would be at the business end of the championship as the Meath Championship was so week. They were put in one of the weakest groups and failed to win a single game out of their 5, losing 4.

Maestro (Meath) - Posts: 569 - 17/10/2017 21:03:45    2055866

Link

Replying To thelutch:  "lads,i seen lomans in action last Sunday in mullingar,they only got the better of a kinnegad team who were in a relegation battle last year in the last 10 minutes,simonstown had the beating of rhode in tullamore last year until o Rourke was put off.i stand by my comment,we are in the very easy side of the draw ffs,i expect either team to beat wexford champions and after what i seen last Sunday lomans are no world beaters."
Were Loman's not 9 points up until an injury time goal from Kinnegad reduced the final score to 6 points. Anyway you're predictions this year have been way off the mark

RoylerKing (Meath) - Posts: 809 - 17/10/2017 21:48:27    2055873

Link

9 point to 5 with 13 minutes remaining,my point is in my opinion lomans are no world beaters,only my opinion.

thelutch (Meath) - Posts: 1047 - 17/10/2017 22:13:26    2055882

Link

Replying To RoylerKing:  "Were Loman's not 9 points up until an injury time goal from Kinnegad reduced the final score to 6 points. Anyway you're predictions this year have been way off the mark"
also it was 4 points to 3 after 12 minutes and the half time score was 5-3,it was pretty average stuff.Imagine if kinnegad had to have their manager available !!

thelutch (Meath) - Posts: 1047 - 17/10/2017 22:16:48    2055885

Link

Replying To Maestro:  "And you also said your own club would be at the business end of the championship as the Meath Championship was so week. They were put in one of the weakest groups and failed to win a single game out of their 5, losing 4."
You are indeed correct in most of what you say but to say that they were in weakest group is incorrect- they were in the group where the last 3 championship winners came from which means they were in strongest group -your main point is correct and I have taken RD up on that and he was not able to respond with any facts. Might

browncows (Meath) - Posts: 2342 - 18/10/2017 00:59:14    2055914

Link

Replying To Maestro:  "And you also said your own club would be at the business end of the championship as the Meath Championship was so week. They were put in one of the weakest groups and failed to win a single game out of their 5, losing 4."
You are indeed correct in most of what you say but to say that they were in weakest group is incorrect- they were in the group where the last 3 championship winners came from which means they were in strongest group -your main point is correct and I have taken RD up on that and he was not able to respond with any facts. Might I add that he appears to know very little about senior championship football in the county.

browncows (Meath) - Posts: 2342 - 18/10/2017 01:00:13    2055915

Link

Replying To browncows:  "You are indeed correct in most of what you say but to say that they were in weakest group is incorrect- they were in the group where the last 3 championship winners came from which means they were in strongest group -your main point is correct and I have taken RD up on that and he was not able to respond with any facts. Might I add that he appears to know very little about senior championship football in the county."
royaldunne is a brack !!!

thelutch (Meath) - Posts: 1047 - 18/10/2017 10:05:42    2055942

Link

Replying To Maestro:  "Can you remind me when the standard was good? When did the decline start?"
Standard was a hell of a lot higher through the noughties right up to 2012 or 2013. O Mahoneys were a quality side as were Seneschalstown, Summerhill with a fine team who couldn't win a Championship. Tones and Skryne also had quality sides. Put it like this. The Summerhill team of the 2008-2011 era would in the current climate win 3 in a row hands down

Analyst (Meath) - Posts: 1467 - 18/10/2017 12:28:38    2055991

Link

Replying To browncows:  "The standard may not be great but to say that it is easy to win a senior championship is a foolish statement. Last years intermediated side nearly won the Al and were a pretty good side yet were not able to win a single match in the championship -can you explain that?"
Easier i said. Its not easy to win any championship. Colmcilles will be far more competitive in Senior next year with a break behind them.

Analyst (Meath) - Posts: 1467 - 18/10/2017 12:31:44    2055992

Link

Replying To Analyst:  "Standard was a hell of a lot higher through the noughties right up to 2012 or 2013. O Mahoneys were a quality side as were Seneschalstown, Summerhill with a fine team who couldn't win a Championship. Tones and Skryne also had quality sides. Put it like this. The Summerhill team of the 2008-2011 era would in the current climate win 3 in a row hands down"
I don't remember any of those teams winning many games in Leinster. Or was the standard in Leinster a lot better back then too?

Maestro (Meath) - Posts: 569 - 18/10/2017 13:33:50    2056006

Link

Replying To Maestro:  "I don't remember any of those teams winning many games in Leinster. Or was the standard in Leinster a lot better back then too?"
Seneschalstown lost to vincents i think in 2007 after a replay, Vins went on to win All ireland. 06 Tones lost to a rest of ireland squad in UCD. 08 o Mahoneys beaten by Kilmacud crokes who went on to win All Ireland. Compare this to O mahoneys getting beaten by around 11 points by longford champs a few years ago. Does that prove my point

Analyst (Meath) - Posts: 1467 - 18/10/2017 19:05:36    2056079

Link

Replying To Analyst:  "Seneschalstown lost to vincents i think in 2007 after a replay, Vins went on to win All ireland. 06 Tones lost to a rest of ireland squad in UCD. 08 o Mahoneys beaten by Kilmacud crokes who went on to win All Ireland. Compare this to O mahoneys getting beaten by around 11 points by longford champs a few years ago. Does that prove my point"
So what you are telling me was that these great teams were just very unlucky every single year with the draw.

Maestro (Meath) - Posts: 569 - 18/10/2017 19:40:26    2056088

Link

Replying To thelutch:  "royaldunne is a brack !!!"
Through and through. How are you my old friend E

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 18/10/2017 20:27:56    2056095

Link

Second club. My own club is other side of county.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 18/10/2017 20:34:34    2056100

Link

Replying To Analyst:  "Easier i said. Its not easy to win any championship. Colmcilles will be far more competitive in Senior next year with a break behind them."
Agreed

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 18/10/2017 20:36:02    2056101

Link

Replying To Analyst:  "Easier i said. Its not easy to win any championship. Colmcilles will be far more competitive in Senior next year with a break behind them."
Not necessarily, I see Dr Crokes and Slaughtneil don't 't seem to have much of a hangover this year.....

Maestro (Meath) - Posts: 569 - 18/10/2017 22:10:58    2056114

Link

Replying To Analyst:  "Seneschalstown lost to vincents i think in 2007 after a replay, Vins went on to win All ireland. 06 Tones lost to a rest of ireland squad in UCD. 08 o Mahoneys beaten by Kilmacud crokes who went on to win All Ireland. Compare this to O mahoneys getting beaten by around 11 points by longford champs a few years ago. Does that prove my point"
Think it certainly hit a low point a couple of years back when o mahonys won 2 in a row without anyone really laying a glove on them, there was a shortage of good teams then but that has definitely improved in the last couple of years. Your statement about summerhill winning 3 in a row nowadays is ridiculous really and pointless people in a few years time could point to a good dunboyne team not winning one at present and make the same arguement, Simonstown were very unlucky to lose to a good rhode team last year so dont understand the big panic on here

Northsidegaels (Meath) - Posts: 237 - 18/10/2017 22:16:19    2056117

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Through and through. How are you my old friend E"
I new he was from Westmeath- isn't the bracks in West Meath and then he pretends that he does not support them!!!

browncows (Meath) - Posts: 2342 - 19/10/2017 00:01:48    2056130

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Through and through. How are you my old friend E"
not bad D.......these nordy meath men hard to listen too ;)

thelutch (Meath) - Posts: 1047 - 19/10/2017 08:48:24    2056146

Link

Replying To Maestro:  "Not necessarily, I see Dr Crokes and Slaughtneil don't 't seem to have much of a hangover this year....."
That argument makes little sense...slaughtneil or crokes did not have to step up a level like colmcilles so that's a pointless argument. I am sure there would not have been a hangover if they stayed in intermediate.

sam1996 (Meath) - Posts: 436 - 19/10/2017 10:42:07    2056162

Link