Meath Forum

Meath v Sligo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To redser123:  "Agree he has never showed anything to deserve playing time, all these ratoath players are consistently letting us down, they've all been on the panel for 3 or 4 years now and they're not getting better, with the exception of McGill who I still don't fully trust I'd start none of them."
would start power at 6 for sure. underrated, and missing him at 6 has been a loss in our 2 games in the champ to date. at the least,he holds that position well. burke and keoghan left the centre wide open in the last 2 games.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 29/06/2017 12:16:14    2007380

Link

Replying To AthboyCelt:  "are you serious?, what has he ever done?, neither of them deserve to be anywhere need the panel on current form."
Taught joey done well on the few substitute appearances he came on in the league, a much better option then eamonn Wallace at the minute in my opinion.

Royal.Legend (Meath) - Posts: 665 - 29/06/2017 12:38:37    2007397

Link

Replying To GoalsWinGames:  "If I were you I'd get the tickets earlier in the day to avoid the queues outside the ground before the game. Super Valu or Jackies."
Good idea

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 29/06/2017 13:15:58    2007423

Link

Replying To Royal.Legend:  "Taught joey done well on the few substitute appearances he came on in the league, a much better option then eamonn Wallace at the minute in my opinion."
Id be inclined to agree with you on Wallace, i was expecting great things from him but to be honest he has been a major letdown..

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 29/06/2017 13:16:57    2007425

Link

Replying To Royal.Legend:  "Taught joey done well on the few substitute appearances he came on in the league, a much better option then eamonn Wallace at the minute in my opinion."
Unfortunately I think Eamon has had his day. Certainly for this year.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 29/06/2017 13:17:51    2007426

Link

Looking forward to the trip up to navan, should be a tighter game than people are expected. I think our forwards will be a lot to handle for the Meath backs, if we stop the Meath running game we are in for a right shot at it

twothrees (Sligo) - Posts: 19 - 29/06/2017 14:25:17    2007474

Link

Apparently the rumors coming from the training ground is that Bryan Mc Mahon has broke his collar bone and sean tobin looks set to replace him. Ruairi O Ceoilann and james mcentee to start in the half forwards, brian power in at centre half back with donnacha tobin gone to midfield at the expense of jones. Now could only be rumors.
1 paddy
2 mickey
3 Mcgill
4 Donal
5 Smcentee
6 B Power
7 Harnon
8 D Tobin
9 Menton
10 J mcentee
11 Osullivan
12 ROC
13 lenihan
14 S tobin
15 G reilly

Id like to see Tomas O reilley start , Toher great against louth terrible against kildare so 50 50 on him I wouldnt mind either way start or not .

royalcounty1 (Meath) - Posts: 15 - 29/06/2017 15:55:32    2007531

Link

Replying To twothrees:  "Looking forward to the trip up to navan, should be a tighter game than people are expected. I think our forwards will be a lot to handle for the Meath backs, if we stop the Meath running game we are in for a right shot at it"
Sligo are in with a right chance twothrees, there's no doubt about it, I've talked to a lot of Meath fans since the Kildare game and confidence certainly isn't high at the minute. We have to be fully focused and on our game otherwise Sligo will beat us, make no mistake about it, Sligo have the forwards to cause us serious problems if we're not on song.

Safe journey up anyway.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 29/06/2017 17:21:08    2007577

Link

Replying To royalcounty1:  "Apparently the rumors coming from the training ground is that Bryan Mc Mahon has broke his collar bone and sean tobin looks set to replace him. Ruairi O Ceoilann and james mcentee to start in the half forwards, brian power in at centre half back with donnacha tobin gone to midfield at the expense of jones. Now could only be rumors.
1 paddy
2 mickey
3 Mcgill
4 Donal
5 Smcentee
6 B Power
7 Harnon
8 D Tobin
9 Menton
10 J mcentee
11 Osullivan
12 ROC
13 lenihan
14 S tobin
15 G reilly

Id like to see Tomas O reilley start , Toher great against louth terrible against kildare so 50 50 on him I wouldnt mind either way start or not ."
wouldn't mind seeing that team, well balanced and hard working on paper so to speak.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 29/06/2017 18:14:45    2007644

Link

I think we need to change the way we approach this qualifiers. I see Mickey Burke saying in a interview after that if there only one week turn around he would have feared the worst after the Kildare game. Ok that's to be expected players are naturally disappointed aftera lost like that. We got 2 weeks but you wonder if on Saturday it was a tight game heading into the last 10 minutes would lads go missing ? And lads hang heads start feeling sorry for themselves? As has happened in previous years ? We really need to start putting more of a effort in to the qualifiers. Because if we dont we be in them for long.

bobkarlgees (Meath) - Posts: 1263 - 29/06/2017 18:47:07    2007654

Link

Replying To bobkarlgees:  "I think we need to change the way we approach this qualifiers. I see Mickey Burke saying in a interview after that if there only one week turn around he would have feared the worst after the Kildare game. Ok that's to be expected players are naturally disappointed aftera lost like that. We got 2 weeks but you wonder if on Saturday it was a tight game heading into the last 10 minutes would lads go missing ? And lads hang heads start feeling sorry for themselves? As has happened in previous years ? We really need to start putting more of a effort in to the qualifiers. Because if we dont we be in them for long."
That was previous years. The goal was last 8, that hasn't changed. The only thing that's changed is the route
Hon the Royal

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 29/06/2017 20:48:14    2007687

Link

Replying To royalcounty1:  "Apparently the rumors coming from the training ground is that Bryan Mc Mahon has broke his collar bone and sean tobin looks set to replace him. Ruairi O Ceoilann and james mcentee to start in the half forwards, brian power in at centre half back with donnacha tobin gone to midfield at the expense of jones. Now could only be rumors.
1 paddy
2 mickey
3 Mcgill
4 Donal
5 Smcentee
6 B Power
7 Harnon
8 D Tobin
9 Menton
10 J mcentee
11 Osullivan
12 ROC
13 lenihan
14 S tobin
15 G reilly

Id like to see Tomas O reilley start , Toher great against louth terrible against kildare so 50 50 on him I wouldnt mind either way start or not ."
Would put Jones at 6, Toher at 10 ,Thomas o Reilly in after 15 mins for first forward going missing . No excuses ! ANY player not giving his best at this point is off the PANEL . Request that mickey mouse excuses for favoured players can only be considered if written as gaeilge on this forum. Meath by 10 .....MAYBE !!!!!

nobull456 (Meath) - Posts: 1211 - 29/06/2017 21:07:41    2007694

Link

1 Paddy O'Rourke (Skryne)

2 Mickey Burke (Longwood)

3 Conor McGill (Ratoath)

4 Donnacha Tobin (Blackhall Gaels)

5 Padraic Harnan (Moynalvey)

6 Donal Keogan (Rathkenny)

7 Shane McEntee (St Peter's Dunboyne)

8 Bryan Menton (Donaghmore/Ashbourne)

9 Ronan Jones (St Peter's Dunboyne)

10 James Toher (Trim)

11 Cillian O'Sullivan (Moynalvey)

12 Ruairí Ó Coileáin (Navan O'Mahonys)

13 Graham Reilly (St Colmcille's) captain

14 Sean Tobin (Simonstown Gaels)

15 Donal Lenihan (St Peter's Dunboyne)

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 30/06/2017 08:30:38    2007803

Link

What a poor meath team named worried about Sligo now. back 6 and midfielder needed change

Penben (Meath) - Posts: 7 - 30/06/2017 08:30:53    2007804

Link

O'Rourke
Burke
McGill
D Tobin
Harnan
Keogan
S McEntee
Menton
Jones
Toher
O'Sullivan
Ó Coileáin
Reilly
S Tobin
Lenihan

That's yer whack!

GlasgowRoyal (Meath) - Posts: 293 - 30/06/2017 08:46:14    2007809

Link

After seeing that team, i'm going to say it sucked the life out of me.

I'll head along with my father, but not with much hope.

I hope i'm proven wrong

brian (Meath) - Posts: 1954 - 30/06/2017 09:25:44    2007820

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "1 Paddy O'Rourke (Skryne)

2 Mickey Burke (Longwood)

3 Conor McGill (Ratoath)

4 Donnacha Tobin (Blackhall Gaels)

5 Padraic Harnan (Moynalvey)

6 Donal Keogan (Rathkenny)

7 Shane McEntee (St Peter's Dunboyne)

8 Bryan Menton (Donaghmore/Ashbourne)

9 Ronan Jones (St Peter's Dunboyne)

10 James Toher (Trim)

11 Cillian O'Sullivan (Moynalvey)

12 Ruairí Ó Coileáin (Navan O'Mahonys)

13 Graham Reilly (St Colmcille's) captain

14 Sean Tobin (Simonstown Gaels)

15 Donal Lenihan (St Peter's Dunboyne)"
Togher is lucky to be getting a starting place. Mc mahon could be unlucky to lose out in may due to not using him correctly the last day. Poor ball in to him and been double marked. There was bigger problems 1 to 8. Good to see ROC but he should have started the last day anyway. So need major changes made really. I am not a massive fan of S Tobin but I love he attitude he never stops trying always tracking players. he deserves a spot for that alone going some performances last time out.

bobkarlgees (Meath) - Posts: 1263 - 30/06/2017 09:49:02    2007827

Link

Replying To Penben:  "What a poor meath team named worried about Sligo now. back 6 and midfielder needed change"
Replying to Penben.............Options limited, but have to agree with inclusion of Jones and Tower anyway. No doubt 20 players will be used for the 70+ mins. More important than names will be the teamwork, especially team spirit. Our forwards now include Toher, Lenihan and Tobin all can be ok as freetakers. Cetre half back has been a problem,and i see Keoghan given special task here

nobull456 (Meath) - Posts: 1211 - 30/06/2017 09:56:25    2007832

Link

Bad signs to me with that team corner backs cleaned out against kildare to far off their men and not corner backs to begin with keoghan at center back does not work thought andy would send a message to the team that effort was not good enough james toher had his hands on his knees after 20 mins last day if i wer a back on the bench you would think how bad do these guys have to be for me to get a game happy with changes to forwards and midfield where we are very limited should have enough to beat sligo with 100% from everyone but the fact is that back 6 is not good enough the last two games have proved that. center back is a real problem we win no breaking ball in our half back line .i hope we are not going to run down the middle into traffic and lose the ball or kick aim less ball into forwards or shot from miles out if we do the simple things right and put in 110% effort we could win a few games

matthematx (Meath) - Posts: 177 - 30/06/2017 10:26:10    2007838

Link

Replying To nobull456:  "Replying to Penben.............Options limited, but have to agree with inclusion of Jones and Tower anyway. No doubt 20 players will be used for the 70+ mins. More important than names will be the teamwork, especially team spirit. Our forwards now include Toher, Lenihan and Tobin all can be ok as freetakers. Cetre half back has been a problem,and i see Keoghan given special task here"
If options are limited in Andy's mind then why are Douglas, Power and O'Brien still on the panel? They have been given very little opportunity. The worry I have is that if we get over Sligo and then keep the same time that the same problems that happened vs Kildare will arise again as we have not addressed the issues at the back / midfield. Let's hope Andy has seen enough to justify the selection but, if I was one of the periferal players, I would be pretty disappointed.

oldsam_newsam (Meath) - Posts: 638 - 30/06/2017 10:35:22    2007843

Link