Meath Forum

Meath v Kildare Semi-final

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To bdbuddah:  "It must be hard on amateur players being criticised like this considering all the effort they put in with training and the like but the truth is he comes under the spotlight more because he probably has more football ability than any other player on the team. Since Bray left we are more reliant on him."
Yeah that is true just gets quite boring reading the same thing on this on every forum, when we win he is the best thing since slice bread. Id love to know what the outcome would have been if he was on form Saturday, could have been a game changer for us, bit of leadership does wonders for any team ....

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 19/06/2017 10:10:57    2001642

Link

Ratoath royal .It is a pity that you were drawn down to the level of the 'Royal Dunne' clown. It is not all right to criticise an amateur manager or player even if it does happen.
If the result was reversed most Kildare people would be gracious enough to congratulate Meath on a good performance.
There is a lot to learn w.r.t proper sporting behaviour

Ashrules (Dublin) - Posts: 518 - 19/06/2017 10:38:30    2001657

Link

the best team won and were significantly better. Kildare are good but we did not do ourselves justice at all. Physically we need the likes of Rooney but the one thing that struck me more than anything was the excessive warm up Meath did. Lads were out of their feet after 15 minutes and i think we got this one wrong big time. While Kildare were in their cool dressing room Meath were out warming up? Madness. Also ref was very poor (in general is is poor anyway) but all of these just added to the frustration of what was a very poor day at the office. Meath need to get their head right for these games i i dont think we looked tunned in at all.

pretender (Meath) - Posts: 358 - 19/06/2017 10:53:39    2001666

Link

Replying To pretender:  "the best team won and were significantly better. Kildare are good but we did not do ourselves justice at all. Physically we need the likes of Rooney but the one thing that struck me more than anything was the excessive warm up Meath did. Lads were out of their feet after 15 minutes and i think we got this one wrong big time. While Kildare were in their cool dressing room Meath were out warming up? Madness. Also ref was very poor (in general is is poor anyway) but all of these just added to the frustration of what was a very poor day at the office. Meath need to get their head right for these games i i dont think we looked tunned in at all."
Watched the game again on Sky last night and the warm up came in for some discussion also that when we pushed up on Kildares kickouts in second half Meath players were on wrong side of their man. Goalie just had to kick it out near sideline and their man ran on to collect easy possession. Plus not leaving attackers nearer goal when we were chasing game.

seadog54 (Meath) - Posts: 2142 - 19/06/2017 12:06:44    2001728

Link

Replying To seadog54:  "Watched the game again on Sky last night and the warm up came in for some discussion also that when we pushed up on Kildares kickouts in second half Meath players were on wrong side of their man. Goalie just had to kick it out near sideline and their man ran on to collect easy possession. Plus not leaving attackers nearer goal when we were chasing game."
The warm up was a talking point amongst supporters around me in the stand before the match. Did sky think the warm up was over the top ?

bdbuddah (Meath) - Posts: 1348 - 19/06/2017 12:42:35    2001767

Link

Replying To bdbuddah:  "The warm up was a talking point amongst supporters around me in the stand before the match. Did sky think the warm up was over the top ?"
Warm up was too much, everyone commented on it where we were but it wasn't until i watched it back on sky yesterday i saw how the lads looked...worn out to be honest, before they took to pitch, no excuse but certainly would not have helped.

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 19/06/2017 12:58:07    2001780

Link

Replying To bdbuddah:  "The warm up was a talking point amongst supporters around me in the stand before the match. Did sky think the warm up was over the top ?"
They did seem a bit surprised at length and intensity of it

seadog54 (Meath) - Posts: 2142 - 19/06/2017 13:26:17    2001809

Link

Replying To Loyalroyal17:  "Cut Biggy a bit of slack will yiz. He wasnt the only one who didnt turn up yesterday. He didnt injure his back..and he feels fairly shitty today over the game. Its an amateur sport at the end of the day. The pressure he has been under since the louth game is ridiculous with all the media coverage. He automatically comes under the spotlight when we lose..whats that all about"
Well if guys are feeling that the pressure of the media has an affect on their game , then the management should address that in what ever way they feel is appropriate . Coping strategies are not something new .......Its whats required at the top level nowadays I believe

Meath_True (Meath) - Posts: 285 - 19/06/2017 17:40:49    2002001

Link

How was this mentons best game in a meath jersey but his man got on team of the week and rightly so? Doesn't say much.

SS6 (Meath) - Posts: 149 - 19/06/2017 20:15:44    2002089

Link

Replying To SS6:  "How was this mentons best game in a meath jersey but his man got on team of the week and rightly so? Doesn't say much."
feely played really well,but so did menton. menton worked his socks off and was doing the work of 3 men. often the only player looking for the ball from kick outs,got a few scores,beat feely a few times(not easy to do) ,but not meathman looking for the breaks.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 19/06/2017 20:32:07    2002101

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "feely played really well,but so did menton. menton worked his socks off and was doing the work of 3 men. often the only player looking for the ball from kick outs,got a few scores,beat feely a few times(not easy to do) ,but not meathman looking for the breaks."
Good points and fair enough,

SS6 (Meath) - Posts: 149 - 19/06/2017 20:48:10    2002114

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Lies.
Graham was injured in Tue eve , and this will be confirmed over next couple of days."
Still waiting on confirmation of Reilly's injury?

RoylerKing (Meath) - Posts: 809 - 20/06/2017 18:12:57    2002700

Link

Replying To RoylerKing:  "Still waiting on confirmation of Reilly's injury?"
Was thinking that today ??

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 20/06/2017 20:04:59    2002750

Link

Hard luck last weekend lads and best of luck in the qualifiers.

kevhog88 (Kildare) - Posts: 29 - 21/06/2017 07:52:11    2002909

Link

Replying To grahamc9897:  "Was thinking that today ??"
There was no injury just another case of Royaldunne not being able to admit Biggy played bad but has no problem in admitting others played bad....

meathforsam09 (Meath) - Posts: 116 - 21/06/2017 09:57:08    2002950

Link

Replying To meathforsam09:  "There was no injury just another case of Royaldunne not being able to admit Biggy played bad but has no problem in admitting others played bad...."
Personally I will still give him the benifet of the doubt ! Remains to be seen what the truth is !

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 21/06/2017 11:26:45    2002985

Link

Replying To grahamc9897:  "Personally I will still give him the benifet of the doubt ! Remains to be seen what the truth is !"
Believe me lads Biggy wasn't / isn't injured. He played very poorly and that is just the end of it. Id give him the benefit of the doubt on this aswell he must have just been mis-informed.

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 21/06/2017 13:59:58    2003063

Link

Replying To Loyalroyal17:  "Believe me lads Biggy wasn't / isn't injured. He played very poorly and that is just the end of it. Id give him the benefit of the doubt on this aswell he must have just been mis-informed."
Only going on what cilles lads told me, plus as I wrote they did say he passed all examination prior to match. I have no doubt he was injured in the Tue night, as the people who told me would absolutely know, however it would also appear to be cleared up prior to game, my theory was and many other surmised that it may have flared up during game.
We shall wait and see

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 21/06/2017 20:18:51    2003245

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Only going on what cilles lads told me, plus as I wrote they did say he passed all examination prior to match. I have no doubt he was injured in the Tue night, as the people who told me would absolutely know, however it would also appear to be cleared up prior to game, my theory was and many other surmised that it may have flared up during game.
We shall wait and see"
"going by what the cilles people said " I think you should be a sure about these things! Rumours in gaa are rampant ! Now fair enough he didn't appear to be himself ! Now I will admit my criticism went too far but I just get annoyed when Graham is called "as good as anyone out there...because he isn't simple as! I was biased when Joe Sheridan played for the county because he is a club man but I am the first to admit that ! Back to graham A fine footballer anyone would be lucky to have all the same! When he delivers in the big games I will be happy to give him the credit !

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 21/06/2017 20:53:19    2003254

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Only going on what cilles lads told me, plus as I wrote they did say he passed all examination prior to match. I have no doubt he was injured in the Tue night, as the people who told me would absolutely know, however it would also appear to be cleared up prior to game, my theory was and many other surmised that it may have flared up during game.
We shall wait and see"
Maybe he did hurt himself the Tuesday before but he is a tank and more resilient than other players. He looked extremely fit and pain free in that warm up (training session) in Tullamore. I was talking to him over the weekend he never mentioned been injured. Biggy doesn't make excuses (and i hate when others do) when he plays badly, so he wont come out and say there was anything wrong with him. Let by gone's be by gone's. He is going to be on top form Sunday week, expecting a super game from him. Back to leading his team.

Loyalroyal17 (Meath) - Posts: 627 - 22/06/2017 09:02:45    2003377

Link