Meath Forum

Meath v Kildare Semi-final

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To RoylerKing:  "Well that was nothing short of disgraceful. No pride or passion and the game plan was terrible. Makes you wonder what they have been doing in training since last October. Where was Biggie today when we needed him most, he was non existant. It hurts me to say but Kildare were on a different wavelength to us today."
you are disgraceful comeing on here with your bull, who said it won't take time to build these players , it's great to jump on people when they are down and the same fools will clap them if they win. the sunny day supporters. com

meath1977 (Meath) - Posts: 534 - 17/06/2017 22:45:05    2000798

Link

Think I'm more surprised by kildares physicality and conditioning than meaths inability to cope with it. Kildare were far more Superior to meath in almost every battle. Meath will learn aot from this game,we were bouncing off the Kildare men and it simply looked like an u21 side versus a Senior team. Not much Andy and co could have done here unfortunately. Thought harnan in particular was very exposed at corner back and perhaps slow to change this around. Daniel Flynn ran a muck and Kildare centre half pulled a lot of strings.
I thought cillian o Sullivan played very well,but was also guilty of over running the ball.
I thought Mickey Burke did superbly well on Niall Kelly, meaths best player.
Unfortunately, Brian McMahon, Eamon Wallace and in particular, biggy, were not at the races. Not good enough to bow the heads just because they are being man marked.

tackleberry (Meath) - Posts: 324 - 17/06/2017 22:49:45    2000800

Link

First time in a long time royaldunne isn't on here straight after the game talking brown stuff,

This will show you how good MOD was, at least he had them playing good for one half,

This lad has them playing bad for both halfs and still starting his son

SS6 (Meath) - Posts: 149 - 17/06/2017 22:57:43    2000806

Link

Very disapointing but what can you say we just dont have the players. Every player beaten by their man . Playing a running game with 1 forward is horrible to watch and we simply just cant play this way against a big team. At the end of the day Beaten all over the pitch by a promising kildare team. Future does not look good

SheridansTry (Meath) - Posts: 180 - 17/06/2017 23:02:59    2000810

Link

I see a few of the usual suspects trying to put the boot into graham Reilly, classy.
He was marked out of game. Simple. He came up against his match. No shame in that. Kept going. Eamonn Wallace is not inter county standard, McMahon didn't look interested
I could pick 12 Meath players who didn't or weren't allowed to play today. Graham among them, keoghan had a bad game as did jones , lenihan wasn't at all as good as he has shown, Tobin and Burke were cleaned out in backs , best player was menton. O'Sullivan did plenty of running with the ball, his finish was shocking and gave ball away more often than not,
Relax the heads. Andy is a fantastic manager, the lads didn't perform today, btw we can't draw mayo, Tyrone or Donegal so please less of the we gone after next game. Regroup, refocus. And above all keep supporting.
Hon the Royal.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 17/06/2017 23:03:56    2000811

Link

Replying To meath1977:  "oh bring back mick o dowd your some muppet Paul USA"
I think he is mod. Either way both are as you said.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 17/06/2017 23:06:38    2000813

Link

Replying To matthematx:  "O sullivan plays with head down and should be dropped newman needs to start next game at 11 harnan at 10 and used as sweeper walllace dropped tobin dropped burke halfback or bench"
O Sullivan dropped?!

Complete over-reaction.

bert09 (Meath) - Posts: 1790 - 17/06/2017 23:08:13    2000815

Link

Replying To meath1977:  "all the know alls are out of their box. great meath supporters $"
Well said. Very mute after Louth Galway games. Maybe graham wiped his eye with some young one I dont know. But his anti biggie rants have been a constant.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 17/06/2017 23:08:26    2000816

Link

Replying To meath1977:  "you are disgraceful comeing on here with your bull, who said it won't take time to build these players , it's great to jump on people when they are down and the same fools will clap them if they win. the sunny day supporters. com"
What do you suggest we do then !

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 17/06/2017 23:08:50    2000818

Link

Replying To bert09:  "Where was the support for o Sullivan?"
thats it he had no support,nobody ran off him. menton did well today,but we win no breaking ball. kildare are good,but they also showed more desire,hunger today. i thought the poor workrate was a thing of the past.sadly it showed up again today.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 17/06/2017 23:09:50    2000819

Link

Replying To thecraw1:  "shocking display give andy 4 years like mod got and see wat he can do but very disappointed with tonight game hope we can regroup and go on a bit of a run in qualifiers but in time I hope andy can get more out of this team remember cian o neill had a very bad 1st year last year with Kildare and they looked like a different team tonight and promoted to div1 too listen we still in championship so lets see wat next few weeks bring and we need to keep turning out in big numbers for who ever we meet next"
True he had a bad first year, but has got 2 lads back from Oz and a few more back from injury, plus good underage talent coming through, we have no one to call on going forward. We have survived in league ok but when championship comes around our lack of quality is found out.

seadog54 (Meath) - Posts: 2135 - 17/06/2017 23:11:03    2000820

Link

Replying To royalpad:  "Another false dawn . When it mattered it was Men v boys. In fairness when you have Burke @ 6 , O Sullivan @ 11 & McMahon @14 as the spine of your Senior team hard to take us serious .Why small men are obsessed to continuously carry the ball into the tackle is mind boggling . But that's for the coach to put a stop to . Our decision making was very poor both on and off the field . Only players for me who performed are Menton ,Lenihan , O Coilean & to a lesser extent McGill & Harnan .Serious reality check tonight ...."
agree with all of this.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 17/06/2017 23:11:34    2000822

Link

Replying To RoylerKing:  "Please tell me you are joking right picking O'Rourke in goals. He has been and was again today a-----. His kickouts were, for the most part, terrible. Time for a change between the sticks."
Who Joe sheridan ?

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 17/06/2017 23:11:42    2000823

Link

Novice my ass. We not fit enough not fast enough not tough enough not cute enough.

No plan other than kick high balls into 2 small men the rest of our forwards playing behind midfield every over hit lockout won by unmarked Kildare back. Every high kick out won easily by Kildare every short lockout put meath under pressure. You could not play any poorer if you tried.

Our plan seemed to be when we got the ball to go on solo run up the pitch and into the nearest crowded corner. and then kick it anywhere and say a prayer some meath man might get it

Whereas Kildare worked ball found the man on the shoulder and lay it off to 13 or 14 to kick a point

People will say we did better in 2nd half course we did as Kildare soaked up and let us play a bit.

65 minutes before a meath man got booked says it all.

numberedjerseys (USA) - Posts: 348 - 17/06/2017 23:12:20    2000825

Link

Replying To SS6:  "First time in a long time royaldunne isn't on here straight after the game talking brown stuff,

This will show you how good MOD was, at least he had them playing good for one half,

This lad has them playing bad for both halfs and still starting his son"
Hahaha mod and good in same sentence, now who's talking brown stuff.
Thanks I needed cheering up after game. Mod good . :) brilliantly funny.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 17/06/2017 23:12:21    2000826

Link

We were beaten all over the field, it was never in doubt who was going to win the game. Hopefully we can re group and give the qualifiers a real good go but it was so disappointing to be brushed aside so easily. Hopefully now the downright personal attacks on mick o Dowd will be seen for what they really were. It will be said that we are further on now but I think that if the management decisions taken today had been made by the previous regime, they would have been vilified!!

Footnote (Meath) - Posts: 66 - 17/06/2017 23:12:31    2000827

Link

COS worked hard and tried his best, great runs but no end product. Where was Biggy? Only for those scores from ROC and Menton and a dozen or more wides from Kildare and it could have been a 15-20 point loss.

Kildare were much sharper from the off with more intensity, physically stronger, more organised and the players supported one another much better.

We need Nash, Rooney and Forde back and that doesn't even cover all the defensive issues that have to be addressed.

TBH, I thought this would happen, just not quite as bad as it turned out.

All I can say is that everybody (esp. players and supporters) shouldn't start feeling sorry for themselves and give up on this season. The teams that embrace the qualifiers, generally do well in them. I said it a few weeks ago that I felt this year would be a bit like 2007 & 2009 without going as far. Andy & Co will have to get them all back in the right frame of mind for same. Lets make the most of the remainder of the season and try and rectify things one game at a time.

GlasagusOr (Meath) - Posts: 1348 - 17/06/2017 23:13:31    2000828

Link

Replying To meath1977:  "all the know alls are out of their box. great meath supporters $"
What did you think of the performance then ! Sure we will just ignore that disaster and another year wasted ! Its time to be realistic !

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1174 - 17/06/2017 23:15:06    2000831

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "I see a few of the usual suspects trying to put the boot into graham Reilly, classy.
He was marked out of game. Simple. He came up against his match. No shame in that. Kept going. Eamonn Wallace is not inter county standard, McMahon didn't look interested
I could pick 12 Meath players who didn't or weren't allowed to play today. Graham among them, keoghan had a bad game as did jones , lenihan wasn't at all as good as he has shown, Tobin and Burke were cleaned out in backs , best player was menton. O'Sullivan did plenty of running with the ball, his finish was shocking and gave ball away more often than not,
Relax the heads. Andy is a fantastic manager, the lads didn't perform today, btw we can't draw mayo, Tyrone or Donegal so please less of the we gone after next game. Regroup, refocus. And above all keep supporting.
Hon the Royal."
menton did well against a superb player in feely.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 17/06/2017 23:16:42    2000833

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "I see a few of the usual suspects trying to put the boot into graham Reilly, classy.
Hon the Royal."
I dunno I thought lenihan done well with the brutal supply. He had a couple of bad wides in the second half that I think were due to frustration.
Wouldn't be too hard on Burke either, he was trying to plug holes in a sinking ship.
Wallace and tobin, I completely agree. Was surprised to see Wallace last till half time.

Biggy wasn't near 100% tonight for whatever reason. That's the first time I've ever been at a game where he has not had a single shot. Yet he has the opportunity to shoot on several occasions from well within his range. Made no sense to me.

Conlon showed drive when he came on and o'cuillean was very good. Harnan was probably the pick of the backs.

Jinxie (Meath) - Posts: 6342 - 17/06/2017 23:19:46    2000835

Link