UK Forum

London Vs Mayo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Lads, whats the craic with getting tickets on the day for the London vs Mayo match, Londons secretary says there are none available.

saddam (Mayo) - Posts: 414 - 19/05/2016 18:02:19    1856515

Link

according to the irish world article the board has said for fans not to travel to Ruislip without tickets

hawkeye82 (Kerry) - Posts: 202 - 20/05/2016 08:27:12    1856571

Link

This is the same county board that said tickets were available to London clubs, and when you went to the clubs they were sold out and cb said they would be for sale on general release on the day, and now they have changed their mind again.

saddam (Mayo) - Posts: 414 - 20/05/2016 14:43:12    1856749

Link

Saddam are you a member of a club in London? If you are you shouldn't have problem getting one if the club submitted their correct number they needed

fancyaride (Mayo) - Posts: 141 - 21/05/2016 15:34:07    1857023

Link

I asked for 4 and got 4 from my club. If you asked your club secretary and he in turn past on the requested amount to London secretary you would have got tickets. If I can get 4 anybody involved with a club could get them.

daskip89 (Galway) - Posts: 234 - 23/05/2016 08:39:52    1857569

Link

Replying To daskip89:  "I asked for 4 and got 4 from my club. If you asked your club secretary and he in turn past on the requested amount to London secretary you would have got tickets. If I can get 4 anybody involved with a club could get them."
What club are you with?

daftdave (Mayo) - Posts: 83 - 23/05/2016 14:37:42    1857762

Link

£100 on ebay I heard

hawkeye82 (Kerry) - Posts: 202 - 24/05/2016 08:01:21    1857981

Link

They should play it up at PNH in Warwickshire, plenty of room up there, could easily double the gate.
Very disappointed this year that the London minor development squad v Warwickshire minors in the Vince McCarthy Cup is not the curtain raiser for London v Mayo as it was at last years fixture. Apparently the county board were ''worried'' that the numbers would be to much. I think they were worried alight but not about that. I am there every year and last year with London v Roscommon there was a bumper crowd, and Ruislip seemed to manage ok. Always remember to look after the young lads coming through as they are our future stars. Shame on ye who ever decided to exclude the minors from one of the biggest GAA days of the year. My only hope is that next year ye will remember that senior teams were minors first.

mactomac (UK) - Posts: 37 - 24/05/2016 12:10:49    1858070

Link

Replying To mactomac:  "They should play it up at PNH in Warwickshire, plenty of room up there, could easily double the gate.
Very disappointed this year that the London minor development squad v Warwickshire minors in the Vince McCarthy Cup is not the curtain raiser for London v Mayo as it was at last years fixture. Apparently the county board were ''worried'' that the numbers would be to much. I think they were worried alight but not about that. I am there every year and last year with London v Roscommon there was a bumper crowd, and Ruislip seemed to manage ok. Always remember to look after the young lads coming through as they are our future stars. Shame on ye who ever decided to exclude the minors from one of the biggest GAA days of the year. My only hope is that next year ye will remember that senior teams were minors first."
Last years match against Roscommon was dangerously overcrowded. It was highlighted as a safety concern afterwards and the game is now rightly all ticket. I have been to every championship match at Ruislip for the last 15 years and it has been growing in numbers every year and Mayo is always the most popular.

Have been told by a man on the inside their will be absolutely no admittance on the day without ticket. I know a number of lads who dispite all the media saying not too, are planning on trying to pay cash on the gate, would not be at all surprised to see a lot of people trying this and should make for some interesting scenes when they are refused!!!

As for moving the game to Birmingham, maybe for one year when / if the stand is ever built, but other than that there is no chance in hell London are going to give away their biggest cash cow.

macattack (UK) - Posts: 583 - 24/05/2016 13:44:17    1858117

Link

Replying To mactomac:  "They should play it up at PNH in Warwickshire, plenty of room up there, could easily double the gate.
Very disappointed this year that the London minor development squad v Warwickshire minors in the Vince McCarthy Cup is not the curtain raiser for London v Mayo as it was at last years fixture. Apparently the county board were ''worried'' that the numbers would be to much. I think they were worried alight but not about that. I am there every year and last year with London v Roscommon there was a bumper crowd, and Ruislip seemed to manage ok. Always remember to look after the young lads coming through as they are our future stars. Shame on ye who ever decided to exclude the minors from one of the biggest GAA days of the year. My only hope is that next year ye will remember that senior teams were minors first."
mactomac, there are 4,500 season ticket holders in Mayo, you could assume 50% would attend. How the hell have the connacht council allowed this to happen. It should have been moved to Birmingham where there would have been plenty of room.

saddam (Mayo) - Posts: 414 - 24/05/2016 14:23:03    1858137

Link

Replying To saddam:  "mactomac, there are 4,500 season ticket holders in Mayo, you could assume 50% would attend. How the hell have the connacht council allowed this to happen. It should have been moved to Birmingham where there would have been plenty of room."
Birmingham haha......ya plenty of room in the car park but what would you see from there?? with the numbers wanting to attend that venue would be no good unless your at the front hanging over the fence!

Some clever lads on here alright!

There has never been an issue with Ruislip in previous years but because it was decided to ticket this years game the whole things become a farce!!

hawkeye82 (Kerry) - Posts: 202 - 24/05/2016 14:59:55    1858147

Link

Replying To hawkeye82:  "Birmingham haha......ya plenty of room in the car park but what would you see from there?? with the numbers wanting to attend that venue would be no good unless your at the front hanging over the fence!

There has never been an issue with Ruislip in previous years but because it was decided to ticket this years game the whole things become a farce!!"
I think they are 100% right to make this all ticket : The demand for tickets just shows that. They needed to move their safety standard into the 21st century as for many years it hasn't been and that was a danger to people's safety.
As for there being a certain number of Mayo season ticket holders, Mayo are not the home team so that is irrelevant for this game.

WideBall1 (UK) - Posts: 96 - 24/05/2016 15:40:19    1858172

Link

Replying To WideBall1:  "I think they are 100% right to make this all ticket : The demand for tickets just shows that. They needed to move their safety standard into the 21st century as for many years it hasn't been and that was a danger to people's safety.
As for there being a certain number of Mayo season ticket holders, Mayo are not the home team so that is irrelevant for this game."
wideball, if London were as smart as your comment, they would have their stand built by now.
I seem to recall a London official saying after the Roscommon game last year which was a sell out with cash (ie) more numbers than the amount of tickets issued that the stand would be finished in time for the Mayo match.

saddam (Mayo) - Posts: 414 - 24/05/2016 16:09:25    1858182

Link

Replying To hawkeye82:  "Birmingham haha......ya plenty of room in the car park but what would you see from there?? with the numbers wanting to attend that venue would be no good unless your at the front hanging over the fence!

There has never been an issue with Ruislip in previous years but because it was decided to ticket this years game the whole things become a farce!!"
hawkeye, why was there never an issue before?
A top 4 team coming to play maybe?
Why are tickets issued this year?
Is this a requirement of the GAA to monitor finances from London County Board?

saddam (Mayo) - Posts: 414 - 24/05/2016 16:11:32    1858184

Link

I think you need to get the measuring tape out but stay away from the clever end! Ruislip has a very narrow strip of ground either side with just the width of a roadway on the one side. PNH has at least double the width either side. Now I know in Ruislip they haven't been spending money on the pitch because they are redeveloping, but a few quid to tart up the barrier around the pitch wouldn't go astray. There is timber on that barrier that came off the Ark I would say. You definitely wouldn't need a hammer to fix the advertisement boards to the plywood, just push the nails in by hand. Car-parking isn't a problem in PNH with a further 2 pitches and the surrounding ground, 1 km to Birmingham Airport and Birmingham international station and the M42
The first line of my last post was tongue in cheek really but now the more I think about it.....

mactomac (UK) - Posts: 37 - 24/05/2016 16:54:49    1858199

Link

I didn't say Ruislip was the place to have it, in my opinion both aren't ideal for a game of football with the numbers wishing to attend, you can get them in alright but you wouldn't see much of the game!

I meant it was never an issue before as you just turned up on the day and went to watch a game of football and get mad drunk in a tent....taking the fun out of it now!

hawkeye82 (Kerry) - Posts: 202 - 25/05/2016 10:03:57    1858358

Link

Replying To saddam:  "wideball, if London were as smart as your comment, they would have their stand built by now.
I seem to recall a London official saying after the Roscommon game last year which was a sell out with cash (ie) more numbers than the amount of tickets issued that the stand would be finished in time for the Mayo match."
Adopting safety standards that aren't wedged in the middle of the last century isn't implying that anybody is smart - It's just common sense. The days where you can take people's safety lightly should be long gone.
I don't think I would ever accuse the County Board of being smart for fear of being pulled under the trade descriptions act !

WideBall1 (UK) - Posts: 96 - 25/05/2016 10:20:41    1858372

Link

So, how do people think London can do this weekend ?

WideBall1 (UK) - Posts: 96 - 26/05/2016 10:41:27    1858756

Link

if the game was in PNH would they charge the players going in?

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1790 - 26/05/2016 12:24:24    1858845

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "if the game was in PNH would they charge the players going in?"
Ya they are equally tight up there as well!!

daftdave (Mayo) - Posts: 83 - 26/05/2016 13:20:52    1858877

Link