UK Forum

Warwickshire 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Tyronejimmey:  "Well done Warwickshire.Could any one tell me .who is the manager?how many players from each club is there?where is the London game been played?"
London match played at the Pairc on Sunday 3pm throw in.

shakespeare (UK) - Posts: 27 - 21/06/2016 11:27:48    1870088

Link

I see the county team was well beaten by London yesterday...another poor show. Does anyone know what team lined out? I presume players were missing or didn't make themselves available?

ukgaa (UK) - Posts: 51 - 27/06/2016 08:30:26    1872551

Link

Replying To ukgaa:  "I see the county team was well beaten by London yesterday...another poor show. Does anyone know what team lined out? I presume players were missing or didn't make themselves available?"
UKGAA. nothing beats being there

macs4eva (UK) - Posts: 107 - 29/06/2016 16:13:02    1873896

Link

A short season for county team will aid Warwickshire clubs and they will win All Britain easy this year...

daskip89 (Galway) - Posts: 234 - 30/06/2016 10:11:22    1874133

Link

Replying To ukgaa:  "I see the county team was well beaten by London yesterday...another poor show. Does anyone know what team lined out? I presume players were missing or didn't make themselves available?"
Poor enough London side too

fancyaride (Mayo) - Posts: 141 - 30/06/2016 15:37:27    1874320

Link

Replying To macs4eva:  "UKGAA. nothing beats being there"
Thanks for that helpful response. I heard it was the usual story, best players not playing, management not knowing what the best team is etc etc and London were there for the taking with an average side.. Ah well maybe next year macs4eva...

ukgaa (UK) - Posts: 51 - 01/07/2016 16:50:18    1874775

Link

Alright lads, first time posting on here as only over here the last two weeks, and getting settled in , I am living in the Moseley area.
I am looking for a club to join , played a decent standard back home.
Have been looking at club website's and Facebook pages of clubs, very hard to decide who to join, any help would be grateful.

Kerrygoldbutter (Kerry) - Posts: 6 - 01/07/2016 20:25:37    1874842

Link

Replying To Kerrygoldbutter:  "Alright lads, first time posting on here as only over here the last two weeks, and getting settled in , I am living in the Moseley area.
Have been looking at club website's and Facebook pages of clubs, very hard to decide who to join, any help would be grateful."
Hi
Erin Go Bragh who run out of Erdington are always interested in new players. They have football, hurling, camogie teams as well as under age. The club has a pitch and club house in Erdington. Suggest you give the club secretary a call, his name is Denis Neenan

EGBAbroad (UK) - Posts: 6 - 02/07/2016 12:34:58    1874977

Link

Replying To Kerrygoldbutter:  "Alright lads, first time posting on here as only over here the last two weeks, and getting settled in , I am living in the Moseley area.
Have been looking at club website's and Facebook pages of clubs, very hard to decide who to join, any help would be grateful."
Welcome to Birmingham. Sean McDermotts are the current Warwickshire senior football champions and were All-Britain finalists last year. We're a south Birmingham club, so the right side of town for you. We train twice per week at Old Edwardian's rugby club, which is the Moseley side of Solihull and no more than 10 minutes' drive from where you're living. Plenty of our fellas live in Moseley and King's Heath too, so you will always find someone to join you for a pint. Make contact via the website: http://www.seanmcdermotts.co.uk/contactUs or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/McDermottsSean and someone will give you a shout. There are a few games at Páirc na hÉireann tomorrow so you could come out and watch and get a feel for it.

Rowdydow (UK) - Posts: 1 - 02/07/2016 17:36:50    1875075

Link

How do people see the games going today?
I personally can't see braghs within 10 of casements, or brendans within 15 of leicester.
Connollys v rugby will be close enough if they both have their sides out.
Finbarrs won't field as usual.

Hman (Donegal) - Posts: 111 - 31/07/2016 08:26:01    1892652

Link

Tonight's Mick Rielly cup semifinal between Macs & Mitchells is now off
Apparently Mitchells are unable to field

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 251 - 17/08/2016 15:42:02    1902336

Link

Shame.lovely evening for a game.what happens now?refixture or macs into final?who's in the other semi?

Tyronejimmey (Tyrone) - Posts: 21 - 17/08/2016 21:39:38    1902496

Link

Macs into final I believe as Mitchel's could not field. Find it strange that they were unable to field , when they have a senior & reserve team, surely they could have got a team out, hear that they have at least 30-35 lads training 3 nights a week.
Think other semi final is Leicester against Barnabus , would have to fancy Leicester for that one .
Any thoughts on championship semi finals ??
Surely Mitchel's will beat Casement's with a bit to spare.
Other semifinal could throw up a shock though, think Leicester will fancy their chances against Macs
Think Mitchel's would rather face Leicester than Macs in final, as Macs always seem to have the upper hand in the final

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 251 - 20/08/2016 15:30:27    1903563

Link

Congratulations to the Macs on your superb win yesterday.
Now into the final of the All Britain Homegrown this Saturday.
Good Luck for this and hope you can retain the title.

Sharp15 (UK) - Posts: 24 - 22/08/2016 08:25:49    1904262

Link

All Britain homegrown final is now off on Sunday as St.Kieran's cannot field .
Game is to be re-arranged

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 251 - 24/08/2016 21:49:02    1905553

Link

Big Congrats to Macs on retaining the All Britain Homegrown Championship
Great game, could have gone either way. Good Luck with the rest of your season.

Sharp15 (UK) - Posts: 24 - 05/09/2016 08:19:23    1910062

Link

Full programme of games this weekend, starting with junior championship final on Saturday evening, between Macs & RC's .
Then on Sunday we have division one , the two semi finals , Macs V NP, and JM's V RC's .
There is also two semi finals from division 2.
And a final from division 3 .
No doubt the county board will be charging fivers this weekend.
Any thoughts on these games ??
And who are the likely winners

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 251 - 08/09/2016 12:43:38    1911778

Link

Replying To mayoallstar:  "Full programme of games this weekend, starting with junior championship final on Saturday evening, between Macs & RC's .
Then on Sunday we have division one , the two semi finals , Macs V NP, and JM's V RC's .
There is also two semi finals from division 2.
And a final from division 3 .
No doubt the county board will be charging fivers this weekend.
Any thoughts on these games ??
And who are the likely winners"
No match in Junior Championship final due to Casements not being able to field.
Macs came through the first senior semi final after a slow start.
Shock result in second senior semi - Casement beating Mitchells.
Sons of Erin beat Connollys in the Division C championship final.

Sharp15 (UK) - Posts: 24 - 12/09/2016 08:25:03    1913000

Link

Replying To Sharp15:  "No match in Junior Championship final due to Casements not being able to field.
Macs came through the first senior semi final after a slow start.
Shock result in second senior semi - Casement beating Mitchells.
Sons of Erin beat Connollys in the Division C championship final."
I hear there were some unsavory scenes after the semi final on Sunday? I guess 2 straight red cards is always going to attract a level of controversy.. Can anyone comment on whether the sendings off were justified?

ukgaa (UK) - Posts: 51 - 13/09/2016 11:02:22    1913476

Link

ukgaa, yes there was some very unsavoury scenes after the JM's , RC's game. . Not nice to see, understandably JM's we're disappointed with losing the game, but the reaction of some of their players , management & supporters was nothing short of a disgrace.
We all want to win games & championship's, but you should also learn how to lose gracefully.
The referee was shown no respect at all, and then physically abused after the game.
Also spoke to one of the linesman after the game , and he said that some of the abuse he received was unreal.
It will be interesting to see how the county board deal with this , as all members were in attendance.
At the end of the day the scenes after the game took away from what was a great win for RC's .
Once again with Hoey in charge they look like a team capable of winning a championship, like they did a number of years ago when he was in charge.
The county board should look no further than Hoey to be the county football manager next year & they might start winning something again.

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 251 - 13/09/2016 20:47:08    1913913

Link