Tyrone Forum

SHL

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

another no show from cappagh, taking some of the shine off a very competitive league this year. A point victory for Dún Geanainn last night, they seem to be scrapping through their games but a win is a win. A home win to eire og will see them lift the 1st silverware of the year, but im very sure eire og will have enuf to earn the two points there. NCC are away to Na Seamróga witch is set up to be the one of games of the league.

1stRoundExit (Tyrone) - Posts: 20 - 19/05/2012 14:07:22    1175779

Link

1stRoundExit.. your preddictions have been bang on so far

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 19/05/2012 15:51:40    1175842

Link

Yeah.. game of the league is the one for the wooden spoon!!

hurling_abu (Tyrone) - Posts: 7 - 19/05/2012 15:53:31    1175843

Link

this will be a high scoring game where the result could go either way!

1stRoundExit (Tyrone) - Posts: 20 - 19/05/2012 16:24:16    1175866

Link

real classic I'd say

hurling_abu (Tyrone) - Posts: 7 - 20/05/2012 15:25:04    1176265

Link

The NCC V Eoghan ruadh was a game that both sides should forget as it was a very poor display from both sides of which any of the two could have won the game. Both of these sides put in better displays at U-12 level that what was on display that night.
It is interesting that no one on this thread has mentioned the fact that Eoghan ruadh played a county player at midfield, I am pretty sure that if NCC or Eire og played a county player the news would have been well known both on here and all through other media outlets.

ANTISCRAPPYDOO (Tyrone) - Posts: 11 - 27/05/2012 19:26:37    1181415

Link

I've been informed that the 'county player' in question had attended one week's training WITH the Tyrone squad after his 5year exile. The player was not involved in any Tyrone games before this game. He attended these sessions along with NCC's two wingbacks. (So problem solved)

Hurl.Force.One (Tyrone) - Posts: 106 - 27/05/2012 21:06:38    1181499

Link

Who is the County player in question?

geoff (Tyrone) - Posts: 374 - 28/05/2012 09:26:48    1181586

Link

total BS scrappydoo

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 29/05/2012 12:30:07    1182684

Link

The player in question had been training with the county squad for 2/3 weeks before he togged out for Dungannon in the league. Yes 2 NCC lads trained with the county once, but this was only 2 make up numbers for an in house game, they were never part of the squad.
When gear was been given out the week before the player in question played for his club id imagine he didnt say "I'll not take any as im not on the panel"!!!
When Dungannon were defeated last year by a club with an ineligible player they were not long in bringing it to the attention of the CCC. The other club took their punishment on the chin, Dungannon should be made do the same!

CamanTyrone (Tyrone) - Posts: 45 - 29/05/2012 15:05:17    1182892

Link

CamanTyrone
County: Tyrone

The player in question had been training with the county squad for 2/3 weeks before he togged out for Dungannon in the league. Yes 2 NCC lads trained with the county once, but this was only 2 make up numbers for an in house game, they were never part of the squad.
When gear was been given out the week before the player in question played for his club id imagine he didnt say "I'll not take any as im not on the panel"!!!
When Dungannon were defeated last year by a club with an ineligible player they were not long in bringing it to the attention of the CCC. The other club took their punishment on the chin, Dungannon should be made do the same!

Dungannons objection was made before the game. I have heard that a certain Eire Og player has opted out of the County squad, just before the start of the Non-County player League, FOR THE SECOND YEAR ON THE TROT. I think that County management should reconsider his selection in future years.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 29/05/2012 16:52:56    1183010

Link

boo hoo!! I'm telling on you na na na na

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 29/05/2012 16:55:55    1183014

Link

DGN always seem to think that they can do want they want but the problem is that they are actually a small club and cant back up their talk with action. We will see it again this year once the county boys return to their clubs. They will remain the 4th club in the county for a few more years to come and who knws where NCC, eire og or Shamrocks will be by then. (prob out of reach & sight of Dgn)

1stRoundExit (Tyrone) - Posts: 20 - 29/05/2012 17:14:35    1183037

Link

Dungannon (20) -1948, 1951,1952,1955,1956, 1957, 1961,1969,1975,1978, 1990,1992,1993, 1996, 1997,1999,2000, 2001, 2005, 2009

How's that for back-up.. Didn't notice NCC on the list

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 29/05/2012 17:25:20    1183056

Link

Who are the Dungannon and Carrickmore players in question?

geoff (Tyrone) - Posts: 374 - 30/05/2012 09:27:59    1183376

Link

1stRoundExit
County: Tyrone

DGN always seem to think that they can do want they want but the problem is that they are actually a small club and cant back up their talk with action. We will see it again this year once the county boys return to their clubs. They will remain the 4th club in the county for a few more years to come and who knws where NCC, eire og or Shamrocks will be by then. (prob out of reach & sight of Dgn)

The most ridiculous statement you have made on this forum yet. My advice, change your username and start again to avoid further embarrassment.
(a) Dungannon a small club? Dungannon have the largest membership out of all the Hurling Clubs in Tyrone and are in the process of the Large Development at their recently acquired facilities, which will only see the club continue to grow.
(b) Can't back up their talk with action? Wise guy explains this perfectly in the above post. (20 Championships in my book is quite a bit of action)
(c) We will see it again once the county boys return to their clubs? Remember, Dungannon have more County boys to return than NCC. And more so, the measure of strength of a Team is by looking at the strength of the weaker players (NCC didn't fare too well against Dungannon in the non-county player league).
(d)They will remain 4th best team in the County for years to come, when all others will be out of sight. (I've pains in my side from laughing at this stage) Over the past ten years underage and Senior Hurling has been dominated entirely both by two clubs, Dungannon and Carrickmore. Just looking at even the last five years Dungannon have won 12 titles at u14, 10 at u16 and 3 at Minor. So one victory over a lacklustre Dungannon in last years Senior Championship will not map out the future.
My advice, switch off your computer now and go and paint the fence or something, or else get back to the school books.
If you cant talk on the field then don't talk here.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 30/05/2012 10:02:12    1183411

Link

Correct Martin Prince,

If Eoghan Ruadh are such a small club then why where NCC so overjoyed to have defeated us last year. The biggest day in your clubs limited history has been beating a team who you describe as a small club.

We are so glad we could be a part of your big day!!! Thanks sillies!!!

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 30/05/2012 13:44:27    1183659

Link

"The most ridiculous statement you have made on this forum yet. My advice, change your username and start again to avoid further embarrassment.
(a) Dungannon a small club? Dungannon have the largest membership out of all the Hurling Clubs in Tyrone and are in the process of the Large Development at their recently acquired facilities, which will only see the club continue to grow.
(b) Can't back up their talk with action? Wise guy explains this perfectly in the above post. (20 Championships in my book is quite a bit of action)
(c) We will see it again once the county boys return to their clubs? Remember, Dungannon have more County boys to return than NCC. And more so, the measure of strength of a Team is by looking at the strength of the weaker players (NCC didn't fare too well against Dungannon in the non-county player league).
(d)They will remain 4th best team in the County for years to come, when all others will be out of sight. (I've pains in my side from laughing at this stage) Over the past ten years underage and Senior Hurling has been dominated entirely both by two clubs, Dungannon and Carrickmore. Just looking at even the last five years Dungannon have won 12 titles at u14, 10 at u16 and 3 at Minor. So one victory over a lacklustre Dungannon in last years Senior Championship will not map out the future.
My advice, switch off your computer now and go and paint the fence or something, or else get back to the school books.
If you cant talk on the field then don't talk here. "

martin while a lot of what you say is correct Ruadh is indeed a large club probably the biggest in Tyrone in titles and numbers of players anyone can see Ruadhs target for the year will be to win the senior Championship of which they are more than capable of doing any club that takes Ruadh lightly will be in for a rude awakening
your point C is debatable Ruadh and NCC have 6 players a piece to return from the county setup the 7th Ruadh player in the county setup played in the first game between the 2 sides breaking the agreed rules between the county and the clubs the player who broke the rules lined out at midfield and I see on this site he travelled to Warickshire for the semi final so wise guys denial that the player is not a member of the Tyrone Senior panel is an epic fail. I assume that the same player will be in Croke park for the final? Ps Wiseguy saying "boohoooo I am telling on you" is the most ironic comment in this post every year Ruadh report other clubs for not following the rules so maybe NCC should report Ruadh for the infringment? or maybe they already have? maybe someone can come on and confirm or deny that?

ANTISCRAPPYDOO (Tyrone) - Posts: 11 - 05/06/2012 12:50:13    1187217

Link

Again, what player broke the rules?

geoff (Tyrone) - Posts: 374 - 05/06/2012 13:41:41    1187274

Link

Geoff, the player alleged to have broken the rules had been in England for 5 or 6 years and just returned.

If he had have broken the rules then surely the County team manager would have chased him. Obviously this is not the case so the NCC cries are false and untrue.

As for Dungannon objecting to other teams. I can totally confirm that last year Dungannon made no official objection re the Strabane team. I will pay good money to anyone who proves me wrong. The Strabane player played while suspended which is why his team lost out in representing Tyrone in the Junior championship. At no stage did Dungannon try and have the title awarded to them.

As for NCC, they have officially objected to the league cup game v DGN.

Surely this is the lowest of the low. They will now delay an absolutely meaningless league.

The way it stands is that if Dungannon lose the points for that league game then they have to beat Carmen on Friday night to get another shot at NCC.

The board will have to find another date and the teams will have to play without their County players. This will mean that DGN will lose Mc Hugh as he is now on the Tyrone panel but NCC will lose two players who were since drafted onto the panel.

The circus continues down the low Country.

26plus6equals1 (Tyrone) - Posts: 430 - 05/06/2012 17:12:28    1187505

Link