Carlow Forum

RANGERS ARE ALL IRELAND CHAMPS!!!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Absolutely fantastic achievement by MLR! listened to the game on the radio, amazing stuff! congrats, a credit to themselves and Carlow GAA

carlowstar (Carlow) - Posts: 234 - 11/02/2012 20:40:43    1109649

Link

Let me congradulate MLR on this historic win, I never doubted them for a minute, they have created a sweet piece of hurling history that we can all be proud of, enjoy it all lads and thanks again for a job well done.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1987 - 11/02/2012 20:53:03    1109657

Link

What a night in Croke Park. Glad I was there to witness. The heart and determination shown after Brian Nolan was sent off (harshly in my mind the challenge on Eoin Doyle was as bad.) was unbelievable. They hurled sensibly. Eddie Byrne did magnificent in there on his own with 3 men around him. Brilliant stuff.

hurlingguru (Carlow) - Posts: 1813 - 12/02/2012 09:24:08    1109734

Link

best club team ever to come out of carlow. unbelievable performance. man sent off/ goal disallowed/ ref gave them nothing/ .....and still won.
no one can deprieve them of this one. im not from rangers but i was very proud man in croke park last night. well done to everyone involved.
have to comment on rangers back room team of mullally/ kealy/ coleman/ and murray. they got it spot on last night. tactically they were
brilliant and not just last night but all year. the lads on de line are sometimes just as important as de lads on de field.

mamamia (Carlow) - Posts: 25 - 12/02/2012 09:49:32    1109741

Link

great day for their club and a great ay for carlow hurling.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2601 - 12/02/2012 09:57:26    1109744

Link

Huge congratulations to Mount Leinster Rangers - what a great and proud day for their club!

dual supporter (Carlow) - Posts: 772 - 12/02/2012 10:01:37    1109746

Link

Well done MLR , great result , great hurling club

Square_Ball_15 (Wicklow) - Posts: 2662 - 12/02/2012 12:43:26    1109790

Link

well done mount leinster rangers on a fantastic performance. carlow is proud of you!

Ballon4Life (Carlow) - Posts: 102 - 12/02/2012 13:02:37    1109797

Link

Unbelievable night in Croker. Rangers were slow to start and everything went against them especially the ref. Brian Nolan was harshly sent off and then 5 points down. the game looked over and it was a case of keeping the score down. But these men have guts and showed us why their our best club team ever to come out of Carlow, what a comeback. For a team that used to be called chokers, that couldnt be further from the truth and to perform on the biggest stage of all. Every man was hero but I thought James Hickey, David Phelan and Eddie byrne were incredible. Well done also to all the clubs supporting us last night, Ceatharlach ABU.....All of Carlow should be in borris today for the homecoming

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 255 - 12/02/2012 14:08:45    1109846

Link

Great game Fairplay rangers

wiiVillage (Carlow) - Posts: 53 - 12/02/2012 18:32:20    1110102

Link

well done to the rangers. great win aginst all the odds starting with the kilkenny champions. they did it the hard way and did themselves and carlow hurling proud. might have to go to borris tonight or would ballymurphy be the place

topofthetown (Carlow) - Posts: 64 - 12/02/2012 18:58:07    1110139

Link

Well done MLR the hard work and belief in yourselves all year payed off ye have done your club and commuity proud.WELL DONE

boleylad (Wicklow) - Posts: 12 - 12/02/2012 19:50:30    1110231

Link

Dualclub1
Have 2 agree with u der, there def the best rangers team 2 come out of borris ari, but 2 say out of the county i thike ur a bit bias, i now st mullins hurled in the inter champs last year and lost 2 wicklow, but if carlow were playin in the inter champ when st mullins and naomh eoin were fightin it out each year they would have deff won an all ireland inter champship. If rangers are as good as some people think they are ye wouldin of had got religsted down inter,. But thats not the point here well done a great day 4 carlow hurling it was a good game and a well earned win,

thereferee (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 12/02/2012 19:59:41    1110250

Link

what are you on about, rangers getting relegated to intermediate? have you any clue how senior/inter club championship was restructured? st mullins had their chance, as did naomh brid in this but neither triumphed. its a magnificent win by any standards so dont bother to try cheapen it.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2601 - 12/02/2012 20:19:01    1110278

Link

Many congratulations to MLR on their fantastic triumph. They are a great club and really deserve it. I wish other clubs could follow their example and realise the fruits of hard work and a real community spirit.
Listened to the football on the radio in the early hours. Sounded dire. Seems all the good work of last summer has been undone already. There are no excuses for losing at home to a Leitrim team beset by emigration and other problems. I was not at the game so cannot comment on performances but the result says it all. And I am sure the players know it - hopefully the management too.

TAFKANO1FAN (Carlow) - Posts: 588 - 13/02/2012 09:23:10    1110468

Link

Congratulations to our new All Irland Champions ! What a fantastic night for the Rangers! To be there in Croke Park on last Saturday night was almost a fairytale such was the excitement of the occasion and the incredible performance of Rangers.

Following Rangers was very special in Croke Park and to see the players perform in the second half and wipeout their opponents was testament to the indomitable spirit of the Rangers players and their club.

Their start to the game was very poor and their tactics were also poor. Their striking and their teamwork was poor at the start and the Middletown men certainly took advantage of the situation. They were first to the ball, drove on when in possession and all round proved that they were no push over. The Rangers goal was vital and the goal was very well taken by young Doyle. Great presence of mind to shoot so well. Then Denis Murphy showed super confidence to slot over vital frees to leave just 3 between them at half time. All the people I met felt that Rangers were stilll in there with a chance and what a second half performance they put in!
All the players were superb and their driving play gave Middletown little space and time on the ball. While Brian Nolan deserved to be sent off, the taking off of the Armagh free taker certainly was a mistake. Rangers were superb with all players playing a vital role in getting them on top and staying there.

Great celebrations after as well. Overall one of the best nights ever following a Carlow team. Well done to all the panel and the management. Super night. A great lift to all clubs in Carlow and a night never to be forgotten.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1508 - 16/02/2012 18:37:29    1113108

Link

over 200 posts about 2 football teams yet to play first round and only 15 on our all ireland champions! shows us how we re still in the minority game us hurling men!

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2601 - 16/02/2012 21:48:05    1113303

Link

Super stuff from the hardest working team in the County. They have achieved their just reward for years of dedication and effort. Keep up the good work and drive on. Well done to Don Walker who put in a few years building the foundations.

centrefield (Carlow) - Posts: 65 - 17/02/2012 19:21:37    1113869

Link

Fantastic result for rangers last weekend , unbelieveable to thiink they are all ireland intermediate champions.Delighted for them all and it shows that putting in the effort gets great rewards.Was down in borris on the sunday and the home coming reception was unreal the amount of people around and it meant the world to the players.Was talking to 2 of the oldest members on the team and they said that on saturday night when they came back to borris the crowd that was arond at 12 0 clock was savage.These players have given years of service to club and county and are up there with the best of them in carlow now.

Clux (Carlow) - Posts: 72 - 18/02/2012 08:51:16    1113959

Link

Well done to our lads what a victory.Who would of taught last april after 2 poor performances against st mullins and erins own that we would be all ireland intermediate champions , hard to even believe it myself.The celebrations all the week were great and will continue for a while tonight.Just want to say that the support from other clubs has to be complimented at the end of the day its for the good of carlow hurling that we won this and get back playing senior club hurling, its like winning the christy ring to play liam MaCarthy hurling. Everyone wants to play at the top level and thats where carlow teams will be from now.

TopFan (Carlow) - Posts: 166 - 18/02/2012 10:50:26    1113971

Link