Carlow Forum

It Starts Again (Club Hurling)

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

urhavina laugh.. Thanks for the post clearing that up. The only point on it was that when the Myshall player took the free and scored the ref seemed to award a free to rangers and then ran back out to the middle of the field. He then seemed to change his mind again and ran back in and threw the ball in. It looks like he was correct in the end though. I was not aware of that rule coming in.

Was at the MLR Naomh Brid game and the Rangers hurled fairly well. They worked hard over the pitch which I haven't seen them do for a long while. Naomh Brid were atrocious. I know the winning margin was wide but it could have been even worse. A lot of that goes down to Rangers pressure but a lot must go down to how poor NB were. I don't think I have seen a NB performance that bad before. I would still be wary of them in a knock out game. They will be a different kettle of fish come knock out. I think they will beat Btown in last match and go through and it is St. Mullins and Bkillen for last spot.

It has been a pretty terrible championship this year. There hasn't been 1 good match so far. It still looks like Rangers to lose if they decide to play. Hope the last round will produce something better.

aragorn1 (Carlow) - Posts: 156 - 08/08/2011 11:46:12    1006279

Link

i agree with aragorn its mlrs to lose now i think. its been a very poor c/ship so far with only ballinkillen producing some good performances to get some good results and are on the verge of making the semis when everyone was writing them off from the start. every other team have been putting in pretty average to poor performances till sat night i thought mlr were outsatnding. their movement in the forwards was out super to look out and nbrid had no answer. they just seemed to up it a few levels now that it had got to the important stage of the c/ship. if they keep that form going for the rest of the year no other team will beat them. bearing in mind they also have one or 2 first choice to slip back in from injusry too. and if they do win out carlow keeping that form they have a pretty good chance in leinster too.
i know n/brid where poor but mlr hit a completly different level the other night and they had no answers and the other teams just arent producing the goods either. theres still another round though and a month to the semis so a bit of time for some to get it right.

on another note it has been another disappointing year for erins own who just dont seem to live up to their promise. some very good players and they seem to have slipped way back from 2 years ago even though they have had a very good backroom team and manager this year who prepared them very well. its as good a set up as they have had in years. some of the players are not giving the performances required especially one or 2 of our county players who seem to have done all their hurling for carlow. it may be time for some of them to ask themselves some questions as to why it didnt work this year and not look elsewhere for the blame.

urhavinalaugh (Carlow) - Posts: 73 - 08/08/2011 15:30:56    1006613

Link

After witnessing MLR's demolition of N/Brid on sat it has to be MLR's championship to lose they are on a different level to all the rest the only question is who would give them the best game in the final

Blue & White (Carlow) - Posts: 136 - 08/08/2011 16:21:32    1006698

Link

They said that last year too Blue and White. They have yet to convince me that they will deliver on big day. Last Sat night was an improvement but it is only one night. They have been brutal up to that so it remains to be seen what they are really like. They are certainly capable on the day of destroying any time in the county but seldom deliver that level of play. Hope they will but will have to wait and see.

aragorn1 (Carlow) - Posts: 156 - 08/08/2011 18:03:39    1006818

Link

i think this year the are v focused on winning it. i d think they probably feel they ve left too many behind them and want to make amends for it.. there intermediates are going well enough also. a few handy lads on it that would make most other senior teams.. was at the match with mlr v st mullins. what a great score by walter coady in the second half..

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2601 - 08/08/2011 20:31:55    1006936

Link

You are right Aragorn we have said it is MLR's to lose every year and they have lost a few st mullins last year N/Brid a few years ago with a late goal but they are still the team to beat and seem to be a step above the rest I know that does not guarantee a county final win but it does make them hot favourites

Blue & White (Carlow) - Posts: 136 - 09/08/2011 15:15:16    1007428

Link

so lads whats your views on this weekends games and who will get the semi spots. i think a rangers win naomhbrid over what will prob be a weak erins own team just fufilling thier last fixture and naomh eoin in a tight one with st mullins

urhavinalaugh (Carlow) - Posts: 73 - 02/09/2011 16:06:16    1025637

Link

your winners of the senior championship are stiil playing intermediate in leinster and no carlow team has won a game in this comp. yet

bottles (Wicklow) - Posts: 243 - 04/09/2011 11:28:26    1026421

Link

good wins yesterday for MLR and Naomh Eoin, cause bkillin and st mullins were treating the games as a county final, rangeres seem to have a easy path 2 the final playing naomh brid who lost 2 btown.

thereferee (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 04/09/2011 12:17:05    1026453

Link

Wrong bottles,Rangers got to the final in 09 and won a game to get there!!

fergie (Carlow) - Posts: 1082 - 04/09/2011 18:17:18    1026728

Link

Will rangers be beaten this year? looks like theirs to lose

kingpuck (Carlow) - Posts: 32 - 08/09/2011 11:10:43    1029730

Link

I'm back down for another year at least "might" be looking for a club hurlin only

Cuhullain (Kildare) - Posts: 208 - 08/09/2011 12:47:05    1029804

Link

kingpuck
County: Carlow

St mullins beat rangers allready this year.

thereferee (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 08/09/2011 18:15:43    1030128

Link

Yes Referee your correct st mullins did beat them early in the championship. I meant will they be beating in the remaining two games, ie semi-final and final

kingpuck (Carlow) - Posts: 32 - 09/09/2011 12:01:15    1030467

Link

well what ye make of the semis? rangers huffed and puffed a bit to defeat n brid. n brid looked good but an injured mark brennan and his loss made a big dint in their challenge. thought paul coady looked sharp and nice to see denis murphy comung back to top form. will need a big improvement though for final. gary doyle needed back to start as the looked a little vunerable down the middle at times. second game was a game of 2 halves. first was sluggish but second opened up. i thought miseal had made a few poor selections but then other decisions they made worked well. i thought moving john michael nolan out of 11 was a huge mistake as he didnt go at midfield but had 2 points from 11 and was causing trouble. was v unlucky to be called ashore. but then telling brian murphy to go for goal (anyone on the pressbox side will have heard the miseal gameplan being laid out by a certain individual in no uncertain terms!!) proved the winning of the game along with the other subs the brought in - quiet effective i thought. st mullins were right in it. some fine performances from john coady, sean gahan when introduced. jack kavangah was a huge loss if apart from his obvious hurling talent, but for his size around the middle. still given there losses this year on the player front, its been a good year.. so it looks like its going to be a tight one. mlr have never beaten miseal in either finals that they ve met. will this be the first??

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2601 - 11/09/2011 19:48:36    1031952

Link

from what you have seen you do you think will win the final.

Skippy2 (Carlow) - Posts: 34 - 11/09/2011 20:11:49    1031987

Link

i d fancy rangers but only just. if its a bad day and a tight physical match, well miseal will have that edge. rangers but narrowly!

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2601 - 11/09/2011 20:50:04    1032041

Link

Posted as a new thread but as the subject matter is the same it has been incorporated here.

iacob

Weekend Results

Hi,

Anybody have the results form the IHC at the weekend?

Thanks..

Administrator (None) - Posts: 2194 - 12/09/2011 11:18:38    1032302

Link

ihc carlow town 2-10 erins own 0-01 and mlr 3-06 naomh eoin 0-15 draw

urhavinalaugh (Carlow) - Posts: 73 - 12/09/2011 11:44:08    1032336

Link

two good games on sunday standard of hurling in the first game was good compared to the earlier rounds second game was a bit slow in first half, no real bite in it, but turned into a good contest in second half. to be fair the best two teams in a v poor c/ship are in the final and it does have the makings of a good final. mlr seem to have the better of myshalll in the last few years but n/eoin are a different team in a final, always have been and should give rangers a v good game and if rangers dont play to their full potential they will be in for a fair battle.

urhavinalaugh (Carlow) - Posts: 73 - 12/09/2011 11:52:13    1032353

Link