Carlow Forum

Senior hurling champions 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Cralowtothecore, were u at the county final? james hickey wasnt positioned at centre forward as you say.. facts, my good man! yeah foley is a great goalie alright. has made a few errors but i think the 2 lads last year have made more and maybe have doubts sometimes. they will make 2 fine goalies in time.. as for the mlr debate. how sad is this?? we ve all ireland champions in the county and we still have this on the site.. like i said, you dont see this on any other counties one, say the kk one after ballyragget winning or on the offaly one.. and we wonder why we are where we are? we ve had great club teams in this county for many years and they ve represented the county well. most unfortunatly only secured moral victories, as did mlr against ballyhale a few years back. mlr have won an all ireland which none of them have. i pointed out before here a list of clubs who ve won junior and inter and some of the players the had in their ranks. this is a great achievement and begrudgery cant take from it. Carlow champions were downgraded a few years back. why was this? it was based on our champions performances in the leinster senior club competition. at that point mlr had only 2 county titles compared to how many of miseal/st mullins etc?? so whose results has the county champs downgraded to inter? and as a result of whose results will our champs be back up senior?? i dont think i need to fill in the answers...!!
they arent my club but i still feel they are a model for other clubs in the county in terms of what they do and how they play. i said back in may that they are the best equipped team to do something utside of the county and nothing has changed there.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2582 - 03/03/2012 14:26:15    1121666

Link

ps: this is not a dig at miseal etc. All good clubs in the county and doing mighty work with small resources. Just using the point to answer the negative posters.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2582 - 03/03/2012 14:49:23    1121682

Link

Lads,to some of ye here on this site,it is absolutely sickening.Mount Leinster Rangers won the All Ireland IHC club title.That was the grade the Carlow winners were put in,not Rangers,it was the Carlow winners who were put there ok.They won an All Ireland,who matters what level,it was a serious serious achievment,everyone should be delighted and we should move on and look ahead to the club SHC for 2012.We are supposed to all be Carlow followers.If MLR didnt win few weeks ago,the same people would be on here saying why didnt they win it.When they do,they are still not happy.There is only a few bad apples here,everyone else has been positive.I am not a Rangers man,that doesnt matter,i am a Carlow man,however.The negativity here is,as i said above,sickening.Hope this gets posted now.

fergie (Carlow) - Posts: 1044 - 03/03/2012 21:26:33    1121934

Link

Seeing as my last post wasn't put up, I'll rephrase it.

People are being accused on here of begrudgery because they don't think a player is the answer to our problems or dare criticise him. That isn't fair and I don't understand why people (I presume the majority are from that club) continue to throw it in our faces. This has nothing got to do with club allegiances (for me anyway), I just have other players that I would put in ahead of him.

I'll put it this way: If my club had won all that MLR had won last year, I wouldn't give two hoots if other clubs begrudged it, respected it or didn't care about it.

St.John (Carlow) - Posts: 202 - 04/03/2012 11:31:50    1122046

Link

Clux

Do you not rember frank against naomh eoin i think it was 2 years ago the time he got sent of. I did'nt measure it now but from where i was sitting it look close to 90 yards or more! so ssshhhh
you can still see the video of it on the nationalst web site if you want to take a look
the facts are if you but all the keepers to gether you would strugle to make a good one, Kevin ryan is after makeing a big error it bringing bank in frank what age is he ??

thereferee (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 04/03/2012 11:55:50    1122057

Link

thereferee, i think frank foley is younger (hes 32) than brendan cummins??

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2582 - 04/03/2012 13:16:10    1122106

Link

the all ireland B champions should be favourites again this year

HOB (Carlow) - Posts: 97 - 04/03/2012 19:37:53    1122485

Link

This great Ballinkillen underage Senior team must surely after becoming men at this stage. Expectation must now be greater than anytime over the last 5 years and with geniuses like old yellar out there, the time to achieve must be now

Dirtyowlgearbag (Carlow) - Posts: 86 - 04/03/2012 20:57:57    1122604

Link

old yellar
County: All

just goes to show what you no about hurling, who said anything about brendan cummis anyway, i think therse a small bit of difference between the 2 of them. do you compare all of the mlr players two the tipp lads, lar corbet was only 30 so should all the rangers fowards should retire at that age????

thereferee (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 04/03/2012 21:10:01    1122619

Link

ah lads this is all becoming a bit pointless. there a few guys on here and there just trying to really stur it, do you think any of the MLR players really care. they have there all ireland the first club ever to bring an all ireland back to carlow so there unique, special, whatever you would like to call them. there's some really silly comments like frank foley not being top class of course he is top class, yes he's made a mistake or 2 but dont all goalies there only human, and that match he was sent off in that you refer too, did rangers not go on to win that game with 14? i think over the last 7 years now Rangers are after beaten every team 6 or 7 times & then saying lads walking away before there tested? these lads have won 4 or five championships leinster and all ireland??? so i think there well tested, and as for jh he has won every honor in the game that he could win, he has a trophy haul and medal collection to be envied. so i think thats. The reality of it is they've been the best team in carlow for the last 10 years and until someone comes along and wins a consistent few chapionships i cant see anything changing.

oki (Carlow) - Posts: 38 - 05/03/2012 08:52:25    1122705

Link

ffs lads can we drop this one, its all gettin a bit boring.

pennypincher (Carlow) - Posts: 777 - 05/03/2012 10:57:22    1122802

Link

Old Yellar, you know your stuff, very good post.

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 251 - 05/03/2012 11:30:40    1122838

Link

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=all%20ireland%20intermediate%20club%20hurl%3Bing.&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAll-Ireland_Intermediate_Club_Hurling_Championship&ei=lrRUT9rEI6jT0QWn1aHvCw&usg=AFQjCNGUIsVk1KxjfVA2LSpY6JwL-2V7gw&cad=rja

This clears it up fairly Well.

YMF (Carlow) - Posts: 21 - 05/03/2012 12:43:28    1122906

Link

Spot on YMF. " First Carlow club to win an Ireland title"

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 251 - 05/03/2012 12:49:26    1122911

Link

thereferee, i answered the question you asked - what age is frank foley. the brendan cummins reference is to show you that age for goal keepers isnt a major issue if the keep fit and sharp - cummins being a good example... as for ballinkillen, well we ll struggle bigtime i think. it ll be hard for us to fill dewey and david englishs jerseys and their are talks we might be down 2 more. we ll need a lot of younger lads to step up. so we re a work in progress! as for me and the club, well i wont be involved with seniors anyhow - so the might have some chance! as for the debate about mlr and their win, well its over for me. no point in entertaining negative people who dont have know what they are on about. again well done to them, and i hope the bring in the buzz with them to the county set up..

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2582 - 05/03/2012 12:50:54    1122913

Link

Mount Leinster Rangers the first club from Carlow To win an All Ireland. Fair Play as you will see from my previous link, they've gone down in history in the Gaa, formed at 3 p.m. on Saturday, 1 November 1884. we had to wait a long time 128 years to be exact for these Gods to come and when it. Im a Carlow Town man but i will state this for the record. What your club has done has been brilliant for sport in the county AND OUR OWN CLUB SETANTA. but some of the snied remarks that have been posted by people from one club have been sickening, and then they make it personal with players it stinks of jealousy. I wouldnt mind only the players they refer too have done it all. Anyway rangers well done great club formed in 1988 hopefully after 24 years we will have had as much success as ye have had, well even a bit of the success you have achieved would be special. Well Done.

YMF (Carlow) - Posts: 21 - 05/03/2012 13:02:51    1122925

Link

Remember it alright and also remember this year when he buried that penalty against ye and pulled off a save from robbie foley.Probably only for him that day the year could of been so different.Would hate to be a goalie as every little mistake is seen and there is no place to hide.Who is better out their than him at the moment ? kevin ryan must see something in him to call him back in and how is it an error to call him back.I taught we wanted our best players in the panel ? well surely he is in the top 2 keepers in carlow.Maybe im wrong.His experience alone has to be worth something.

Clux (Carlow) - Posts: 72 - 05/03/2012 14:20:25    1123019

Link